Home ground advantage, big government funding and local fans support...

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by Pemuda, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Now you are lost and going off tangent. Let me remind you again, you said, "But let's imagine that Sir Alex does not have this option to buy players. Won't that make his job doubly harder?" In reply to your argument, I said that consistency needs to be applied. If SAF does not have the option to buy, then the rest of the managers should have the same limitations as well or else, we just cant compare. We compare apple with apple, understand?

Not enough people?? Dude, the population in Msia is 27 million. The problem with our talent pool is that new young players are blocked from emerging because the clowns in BAM always continue to persist with under performing, over rated, pampered senior players.

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Brother,

Yonex, Proton are big enough corporate sponsors.

Talent pool not big enough? Dude, we are a badminton playing nation la. Every town you go to in Msia, big or small, there are badminton courts. The problem with our talent pool is that young players are blocked from emerging because we tend to stick with the seniors no matter how under performing they are. If we dont allow the juniors to go out and gain experience, how are we going to develop our talent pool?

3. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Why can't others see the the same issues we have been saying - I've said this many times till my keyboard indicators are worn out:D Can we stop the ignorance and start facing the truth facts:(

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Because people want to continue hoping for the impossible without wanting to remove their gloves and goggles.
    Today it was reported in the papers that Misbun believe Hafiz Hashim will bounce back. This is typical Msian disease, we dont just have the guts to drop the dead wood. We will continue beating a dead horse hoping that it will come in 1st.

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    pemuda may have been disappointed so many times by mas players :)

he always sees mas badminton team negatively :)

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA badminton today has no government funding... :eek: and the recent Indonesian Open result showed we probably have no home-ground advantage anymore... Only fan support... :D We just have many fans who keeps a positive attitude and high hopes.

After a good 1970s, INA had a horrendous 1980s [especially the late 80s], where China dominated left and right, but before long, came then 1990s... we bounced back... Alan-Susi-Mia-Ardy-Hary-Joko-Candra-Sigit-Ricky-Rexy-Eliza-Lili-Zelin-Yuliani-Yuni-Denni-Anton-Minarti-Trikus-Bambang-Halim-Gunawan-Kempong-etc. all made it a wonderful decade.

Today, we are not the dominant country [yet again :p], but we are patient enough to wait and cheer whoever is representing INA...

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I am sick of all those negative comments after MAS team failure in this WC :mad: They really think that all those pessimistic thought will helps ?

Why can't we looks at some results from the positive side :rolleyes: :confused:

1. LCW lost to Sony 11-21, 9-21
    The most surprising results on the MAS camp ! LCW certainly have a bad day.. Which most of the "CURRENT" top players tempt to have it.. And he lost to a player whom eventually won the Silver medals.. Its just prove that Sony's superior form over him at here.. On any other given fine day, LCW will have the ability to match Sony from head to toe..

2. KKK/TBH lost to SAKAMOTO/IKEDA 13-21, 21-17, 23-25
    TBH is a debutants on WC.. I doubt this kinda situations never happen to any debutant before in any of previuos edition of WC. KKK form is not much different compare with the success in AE.. Its only TBH, who are the main culprit who makes too many simple mistakes while they are leading towards the end of 3rd games..
    ** Even RExy also never gives up hopes on them , and promise to concentrate on lifting the duo up again for getting their act right in the coming opens..

3. WMC lost to ZhuLin 17-21, 21-13, 16-21
    A fighter she is.. Prove that a win over XXF on the day before was not a fluke.. WMC was not given any ghost of chance prior to this WC.. But to come this far (into QF) stages silenced all the critics that MAS women would have no chance compare to their men's players. She took the second game in smashing form... Wat she needs to improve in her future game's plan is apply the right strategy in the crucial moments.. She not deserve to be blamed of by losing it to eventual champions : ZhuLin

4. CTF/LWW lost to MK/HS 20-22, 26-28
    Another surprise for MAS, this veterans pair produce one of the greatest performance on their carrier to defied all the odds against them & become The sole medalist for MAS ! They are certainly enjoy the underdogs tags when no one expect them to get past FHY/CY in the QF. However, the on-form Markis prove the INA pair are too hot to handle.. Losing this SF with fighting display must deserved some praised, taken into accounts the MAS pair are the oldest player left in MD SF field..

WMC & CTF/LWW ability to stun the defending champions before going down fighting to the eventual Gold medalist cannot be discard by all those negative comments pointing towards the whole MAS Team..

It is the fact that MAS fail again to win the eagerly waiting World's Champion .. But their performance throughout this WC certainly was not too bad either..

Wining or losing is normal in any games.. What they needs to do is looks forward & don't ever left the results in this WC haunted them in their quest for greater success in the future. :)

#87 samuel882, Aug 26, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I see Msian badminton as it is, dude. If it is black, I will say it is black. Wont call it grey :rolleyes:

And by the way, I have not been disappointed many times as I already know what to expect for Msia.

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well, if you are into optimistic thoughts then I believe you are now jumping for joy today as Misbun issued a statement that he has confidence in Hafiz bouncing back. Do bear in mind that this Hafiz fella has been coming up short numerous times. Infact he is very consistent in failing to deliver every time.

For the WC if you think the performance is not bad, then let me remind you .... kindly that we trumpeted, we thumped our chest, we talked aloud that we can take two titles i.e. men's singles and doubles PLUS having 4 men's doubles pairs in the semis. End result, all koyak except for LWW/CTF making the semis. And if that is a not too bad of a performance to you, then I put in to you kindly (again :rolleyes:) that the Olympic gold is now looking more like a mere fantasy.

10. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Don't be too hard on Pemuda, he is merely pointing the facts and from the past records we cannot denied that BAM hasn't been doing a great job at cultivating champions. They kept on reinventing the wheel when knowingly that it will break and fall apart. That's why Pemuda is frustrated with all the given talents and the 1st class facilities not to mentioned the money spent on coaches we still under perform. Also, when you voice the truth you either get sidelined or placed in the closet to collect dust. Read some of the comments from past players and coaches, they are always silenced because of politics in BAM. So, Pemuda can rightly place his 2 cents and not get outcast like the folks in BAM - play by their rules you stay, voice your opinion or changes, your job is jeopadised. Sorry, just stating the truth and its sad for badminton in Malaysia, a beautiful country blessed with resources and bundance of talented players.

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Agreed with your analysis with "facts" backing you up. I don't think Malaysia need new coaches or eliminate players just because he/she did not do well in WC. Chong Wei had a bad WC and fan(including me) went after him mainly due to his outburst after the loss, he's still the one who is capable of bringing glory to Malaysia. Actually team Malaysia has been steadily making progress from all events if you compare to few years ago, in general. The only different is winning the titles, only LCW and KKK/TBH able to deliver.
    I like what Rexy has done in Malaysia bringing up many young pairs and not afraid of putting them into fire to see what his players are made of and makes remedy from there. We even see the junior XD pair featured in Sudirman Cup and did quite well. I think the same should be done on MS department, bring up the youngsters sooner and let them train together with our senior and if the current 2 camps(Misbun and Tat Ming) are train separately then it should be combined if both are under BAM sponsorship. Malaysia rely too much on veteran players for too long and if those veterans were not able to win the major title during their prime, how can they win during their "sunset"? Why Rexy able to bring out youngsters in MD and XD but not MS from other coaches? We heard lots of new young players from Rashid camp and it's about time to expose them into bigger tournament. Just my opinion.

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If SAF does not have the option to buy players, he also does not have the option to drop players when they under-perform, ie. he will have a "talent pool" issue. I hope that's apple-to-apple enough for you.

Exactly, 20 plus million (is it 27 already, last I heard it was 25). Not much. Our youngsters are blocked from emerging because they aren't good enough.

13. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

we should have the courage to expose the young one and not to be over relying on one or two players. Rexy has done it and he is going to have good results soon.

The national single should combined force like what is happening to the doubles department and strenghten them. Picked a few elite players and concentrate on them.

Maybe we should have another chief coach for the women department where by his duties is to oversee the performance of the women single and double section.

Our women department looks gloomy without much progress and new blood.
    Haw Chiou Hwee left BAM for KLRC. Our national women single and double needs some injection of new blood. Maybe by promoting some players from the back up to the national level will help. Just an opinion.

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    We do expose our youngsters. They get sent to tournaments much more (in both numbers and frequency) than youngsters of other countries.

Our women have generally improved. Seems lacking in doubles department, though.

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    nothing can be achieve without the "DARE to DREAM" spirits .. U will be losers even before u steps into the court if u think of no chance against ur opponents . I bet even Anup dare to said to said to himself that : "Common, I can beat TH !" before his famous upsets match started..
    LYB said loudly before the WC that 5 GOLDS is their target.. But did they manage to achieve that?? You can defense & saying that MAS is no fight with the mighty CHINESE ,which is so true.. But if u never set any targets for ur players.. They will just have an "TIDAK APA" (NEVERMIND) attitude .. Never focus seriously on each game.. How do u expect them to go far??

If MAS contingents think as negative as yours. Well. Alright, you can ask them to withdraw the whole BADMINTON TEAM from participating in next year Olympics.
    Without any try. U ALWAYS NEVER KNOW HOWS THE RESULTS U WILL GET...

16. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

well.. we have to face hard facts that Malaysia did not performed well in this tournament and the fans are really disappointed. Alot was expected and we fell hard despite good publicity.

There is no use crying over spilled milk but what BAM is going to do before the Olympics starts.Agreed that this tournament the glory belongs to Indonesia who has been able to rise to the occasion.

I hope BAM will read this forum and are able to pick some of the good suggestion and pointers that has been written. No hard feeling BAM. We hope to see a Champion after this.

We will always support the Malaysian Team. No matter How " Malaysia Boleh"

Yeah! Cheer Up Supporter.....

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I like your attitude champion8! :)

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Samuel882 made a potent point. Except for XD, MAS lost to eventual finalists.That indicates their badminton standard is high rather than low.Which means the chance of winning in future is there.Fantasies do get realised but not that often. And the Olympics is an event that is not that often either.

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If you say SAF does not have the option to buy players, he will have to make do with local lads. BUT the same must be applied to the other team managers, Or else we cannot compare SAF (with no option to buy players) against Wenger (with option to buy). Hope it is simple enough for you. You know, apple to apple thingy?

Here's the reference on the population data: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2777.htm
    We deal in facts la, not some hearsay thingy.

27million not much?? :confused: We are talking about badminton in a badminton playing nation of 27 million , not much!?
    How can our juniors be good enough when they are denied the exposure to gain the nescessary experience when BAM keep on sticking to lame horses like Hafiz Hashim etc?

#99 Pemuda, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Nothing wrong in wanting to win honours. Nothing wrong in being dare to have dreams. BUT you need to back it up with results, dude. Or else, it is all empty promises. Yes, LYB targeted 5 titles in the WC, they ended with 3 & another finalist in the XD. Thats 3/5. Malaysia targeted 2 titles and 4 pairs in the MD semis. All koyak except for LWW/CTF. See the difference between us and China??? Do bear in mind, Malaysia were host ok.

So, after all our sabre rattling and talk about bagging two titles in the WC i.e. MS & MD plus having 4 pairs in the MD semis, everything went up in smoke.

I am not thinking negative. I am telling the facts. The difference between you and me is that you continue to obediently adhere to all the wishful thinking and wet dreams of BAM. And that is the reality of the sport in Msia today. We have poor management in BAM, pampered over rated players and fans like you who go along with all the usual excuses and empty talk.