Home ground advantage, big government funding and local fans support...

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by Pemuda, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lobeh,

Look at Man Utd. Alex Ferguson runs a tight ship. It is his way or the highway. And how many titles United have won under Ferguson?

In Msia, we need a strong head coach as mentally our players are weak. They win one major title, and suddenly they turn into prima donnas. We need a head coach who will not hesitate to crack that whip and crack it hard. And that head coach must be given 100% authority.

Look at Rexy, he is fuming mad with his players attitude.

And BAM, we need professionals to run it, not politicians and their band of yes men.

If we dont change, mark my words we will consistently be eating crumbs. And forget about that first Olympic gold. I dont want to be a doom merchant but looking at our bunch of over rated and pampered players, I dare say that the Olympic gold is a mere fantasy.

Good to know that you know what a sod is. Now, use what you know wisely.

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Mr Pemuda,
    this is called moving forward, proactive and positive instead of whinging and whining on spilt milk. Fans don't call LCW to quit just because of one bad tournament. You are like the fans who called TBH to go back home and masturbate when he lost. Well, maybe not that radical but close. When fans fail you kick them when they are down. When they suceed you jump on the bandwagon and support them...

haiz...

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    They become prima donnas because the fans (through the media) make them that way. They become mental cases because their fans ask them to go home and fly kite.

Rexy (as you mentioned) has a great attitude at coaching, but look, no pair in the finals. Winning does not come easy when your opponent is also dead-set on winning.

4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    He can buy players. There are also many admirable coaches in the EPL like Sam Allardyce (sp?) who also has got many mentally-strong (and physically-strong) players. How many titles has he got?

There are many factors that determine winners. Talent pool, resources, luck etc. Just running a tight ship does not mean anything. Everyone can run a tight ship but only one will win.

5. Lobeh

Lobeh Regular Member

Look at Man Utd. Alex Ferguson runs a tight ship. It is his way or the highway. And how many titles United have won under Ferguson?

Well Mr. Pemuda; Oh! wise but glass is half empty one.
    Man. Utd. is full of imports. Don't think Sir Alex would have such luxury if it wasn't for that. Doesn't quite apply to Malaysian badminton. And I still don't get your 'pampering' argument. I mean they are rewarded for achieving a great result and they did not get it overnight. An awful lot of hard work etc. went into it. Just because they could not repeat it doesn't suddenly make them fat and lazy. I am sure they would like to maintain their status. Rexy gets disappointed because he knows the capabilities of his players and it is his way to motivate them. But like all sports unfortunately there can only be 1 winner. Outside Lin Dan there isn't anyone who has been top of the tree for so long. And please don't start the Chinese women bit as they at the moment have none to very little resistance worldwide.

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Totally agree.If BAM were to be run by a dictator, eventually there may be no good players left. (need grammar check here?)

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i saw at d newspaper that NSC want explanation from the players and coaches about their failure at WC... zolkples wil meet the players also...i fink the players will get screwed up.... anyway i still support LCW and the national badminton players....

8. george@chongwei

i saw at d newspaper that NSC want explanation from the players and coaches about their failure at WC... zolkples wil meet the players also...i fink the players will get screwed up.... anyway i still support LCW and the national badminton players....:):)

9. george@chongwei

sori, post twice

10. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    huh? LYB who runs as a dictator and his players are no good left?
    Lin Dan world no.1, not a good player? strange....
    Zhang YaWen/Wei Yili world no.1, not a good player? strange....
    Zhang Ning world no.1, not a good player? strange....
    Fu HaiFeng/Cai Yun world no.1, not a good player? strange....

well, maybe u are right...as for M'sian badminton team, runned by a dictator will left no good players... ;)

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Mr. vching,

Do you know how many times we have been "moving forward"? Each time, we fell flat on ourselves, we console ourselves that we need to be "moving forward". This "moving forward" thingy is already past the sell by date in Msian sports.

Who called for LCW to quit? :rolleyes:

And your assumption about me calling for TBH to go home and 'masturbate', can I suggest we do away with making wild assumption?

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

He needs to buy the right players in the first place and then mould them into his team. If you think it is all about buying players, well heck, even an ordinary joe like you can do the job at United then! :rolleyes:

Malaysia dont have talent pool? Dude, badminton is a big sport in Msia. Resources? The government supports and fund this sport big time. We were host in the WC. We had the best preparations ever. We have the best coaches.

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Mr. Lobeh, Sir Alex still need to ensure that his 'imports' need to buckle down and do the job. And for those prima donnas, he chuck them out real fast. Look what happened to van Nisterooy, Becks, Ince, Bosnich etc. It is not only about imports, or else you can even manage United.

Winning and losing is part of the game, and I think I have said it a few times over. It is how our players fell thats the issue here. No one is questioning WMC, LWW/CTF even though they didnt win.

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lets continue to wait for that WC title and Olympic Gold then.
    Malaysia Boleh!

15. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

In the meantime, there will be plenty of media encouraging everyone to anticipate for that one future big glory...LOL:p:D:D:D

I don't know about others, but I feel that you are even more sarcastic than I am...LOL.:D That's cool !!![​IMG]

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Wow..bananakid...you have a rival now.....:D:D:D

17. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    He has the option the buy players if the current players fail to deliver. It's a tough job nevertheless. But let's imagine that Sir Alex does not have this option to buy players. Won't that make his job doubly harder?

Malaysia don't have a large talent pool, even compared to say Hong Kong or Singapore which have talent pools that extend beyond their borders. We make do with what we have. The sports school is a good means to maximise the capability of the limited pool we have. Other resources are pretty adequate. Did I ever say we don't have money?

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dude, you need to be consistent. If you say Ferguson do not have the option to buy then it must be applied to all the other clubs as well. Money is not everything, look at Real Madrid. Remember the Galaticos?? No trophies and what happened in the end? Just for your information, Ferguson won the EPL back in 92 (if I mo not mistaken) with kids i.e. youngsters such as Neville bros, Becks, Scholes, Butt etc

I do not agree that Msia do not have a large talent pool. We have the best facilities and the government pours RM into the development of badminton each year. We have big sponsors for the game here. We do have a large talent pool, the problem I believe lies in BAM and the coaches. They are too afraid to take risks and molly cuddle the seniors too much. They are afraid to drop under performing seniors i.e. Hafiz Hashim.

19. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You need to be consistent. The topic we were discussing is about running a tight ship, including dropping players. It's easy to drop players if you can buy players or have lots of reserves. Not so easy if you can't.

We have the facilities, money etc, but not enough people. This could change in the future, but in the past (and also currently), the talent pool remains a problem, especially for singles.

20. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer

badminton do not have large corporate sponsorship in msia....the largest sponsors is taxpayers......talent pool is not as huge as u think....problem not with coaches but with politics and BAM.....