Home ground advantage, big government funding and local fans support...

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by Pemuda, Aug 19, 2007.

1. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Disagree, where's the home pride ???

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Money can buy a talented/good players and attract them to come over MAS.. But in terms of Nation's pride . MAS citizens definitely doesn't like to have a World Champions origin from other's country..
    They don't want to follow the footsteps of their neighbouring country (IF U KNOW WHICH 1 I MEANT HERE) of getting some top players from China etc to represent them in major tournaments.. It will just shows the world how WEAK MAS are..
    Players like Yeoh Kay Bin; K. Yogendran . Roslin, HH etc they all should have been kick out from National Team long time ago..MAS still needs a fighter like WCh/LTS to keeps motivating new bunch of players..
    It is time for BAM to buck up their current squad of national players.. Clean-up some old folks which represent countries for many years but yet produce any significant results.. Start sending more Juniors to as many tournaments as possible. Furthermore, Win or lose.. They wont lost their pride

3. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Home Pride???

If KKK/TBH didn't deliver Asian games gold... Hong Kong would have gotten the gold before Malaysia with their "purchase" of Wang Chen from China...LOL:p:D:D:D

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader

LOLZ.. Where is the Pride for HK ?? Even with the 'IMPORT' players like Wang Chen's Quality . They failed it to a younger CHN home player :rolleyes:

5. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Hong Kong only wants to win here and there... and it doesn't care about where the player(s) is from...

Zhu Lin is the world champ now... should there be any shame losing to the world champ?:p

6. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Dat's ONLY After she manage to beat the so-called "imported players" in the finals;)

7. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Home pride ??? Talking about home pride, you have none if no player bearing Mal flag has a chance to stand on the podium.

8. dreamloverhsy

dreamloverhsy Regular Member

student
    at least we still have chong tan fook n lee wan wah~

9. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    Some "fans" I have seen here are just bout the most negative characters I have seen in my life. I could imagine that such fans in real life don't usually get anything done coz when things dont come their way, they sit down and whine, whine and when that is done whine some more...wonder who is the dog now. I work with dogs and I must say they are a heck of a lot more positive.

Sorry to the moderators if i sound harsh.

By the way, i am sure that the entire team will not only learn from this but also bounce back from this small setback. The coaches (Misbun, YKH etc.) and players (LCW, TBH, etc.) are made out much better stuff then some 'fans' think.

#49 dunker, Aug 20, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
    Blurry D likes this.
  10. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    hahaha couldnt agree more :D:D:D

11. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Yea i agree too..

You need to fall to rise..

12. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    Allthis talk about winning and all. About why, how we always underachieve.

I was watching the Mens singles final and notice one of the companies Indonesian worker glancing at the tv from time to time as SDK battled LD. I told her to stop for a while and support her countrymen. She said "why?. it does not matter if we win or lose, i am proud of Indonesia anyway. I dont need to see Sony win the WC just so i can take pride being an Indonesian."

I have been to University and Indonesian maid who cant read and write thought me more in 15 seconds then i did spending 20 over years studying...happy 50th birthday Malaysia.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

A very thought provoking post indeed.....:rolleyes:

14. Lobeh

Lobeh Regular Member

From Dunker :
    who cant read and write thought me.

Obviously not how to spell!!

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

hahaha painful! ;)

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dude, calling someone a sod is a big word to use. I hope you know the meaning of it or else you are gonna end up looking ike a gimp.
    Ok, after the WC in KL what are the positives really? Well, I did say Wong Mew Choo & LWW/CTF did the nation proud, but obviously you had your goggles on and overlooked my comments on them. But seriously what positives are they to say for Msian badminton? The reality is that we bombed big time despite home ground support/advantage. After all the sabre rattling and hype about taking the men's singles & doubles titles plus having 4 men's pairs in the semis, we fell flat on our nose. So, tell me really what are the positives??

As for suggestions, I did say that we need to stop all these molly cuddling and breats feeding our players or else we will always come short of China /Indonesia or even Denmark. But again, your goggles prevented you from reading or understanding my suggestions.

No, your are wrong. if I had my way, there will be no handing out of ropes. I will just allow a coach like LYB to enforce the regulations that will weed out the winners from the prima donnas. Thats the way to go if we aspire to be true challengers or else remain status quo and scrap for the crumbs.

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Dunker should be flattered you read his refreshing observation with such intensity. It means your IQ has gone up momentarily today.
    Remember your posts from now on need to be vocabulary perfect,esp. homophones.

dunker likes this.
  18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Mr. vching,

I am a Malaysian and a fan too. But as a fan, I am entitled to put forth my 2sen worth, and I will call a spade, a spade.

You may want to check what I said about Wong Mew Choo & LWW/CTF.

The problem with Msian badminton and fans like you is that you cannot accept the negatives. You will dig in, put up sandbags and in conclusion, such comments just cant go beyond your ego. And the end results will be the same - we will always come up short.

19. Lobeh

Lobeh Regular Member

Well Pemuda, your comments on the positive aspects sound okay in isolation. They still look gloomy read within your observations.
    And LYB is and behaves like a schoolyard bully. Either his way or the highway awaits. Sure he gets results but at what cost? Most players bar Zhang Ning are dumped swiftly even if they are capable of producing great performances and results beyond a certain point. Am sure I don't have to make a list of these. Plus he has a conveyor belt of follow-ups waiting. To my knowledge no other country has this luxury.

And Malaysian you may be, but to have a dictator running the BAM will not happen or be allowed.

And I do know what a sod is, just like you know what a dude is.

20. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    oops, forgat to speel chek. My mestek. hehehe.