home court advantage

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011' started by 2cents, Nov 27, 2011.

1. lucida

lucida Regular Member

Student
    Many criticism against LD are actrually because of LYB. So you know when LYB said LD is better than Li Na, all the "dissidents" will come up with something. LD is the symbol because LD is famous.
    just read this: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1224263303
    They are all LD fanatics, and they are presenting why people don't like the team and why some people don't like LD. They and I keep a clear head and we think LD is not relevant, but there is surely someone not keeping a clear head.
    The key of everything is "举国体制".

#41 lucida, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    It was a WARNING for LD and CBA must be more good behaviour off/on the court...

3. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Talking about why one should NOT knock the entire country/nation on the behalf of any individual or some individuals, even in those democratic countries in North America and Europe, they take it very seriously if one openly expresses his/her negative views towards the ethnic background, culture and religion of the J ewish community. If one openly expresses something like "the Jxxx are bad bla bla..." then he/she will be punished for violating some law there, the so-called "Anti-Semitic or Anti-Semitism". And believe me, it's a severe violation, surely guarantees a significant punitive measure!

4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    It seems all peopel hate those "haters". Thanks Lucida introducing them, unfortunately they cannot defend themselves here.

That's the reason I feel I'd like say something for them. I know you all gonna hate me, but balance in discussion is more important.

I don't think you guys understand their meaning for the "whether the country should subsidize athletes".

It's about the system, Chinese government pour huge money in this is a known factor, which doesn't mean Chinese badminton team earned sponsorships and prizes already.

I think those haters in China touched more basic, fundamental thing. Whether or not fully industralize the badminton sports. There's no wonder those "haters" already outnumbered in China by 60% (from Lucida's post).

No matter how many sponsorships China team got, they are still a branch of China government, and China central government is the ONLY shareholder. There's no question LD can survive himself alone without any help from China government, but China has spent huge money for thousands of young and old badminton players who failed to earn any money from this sports.

Therefore, it's too superficial to discuss whether LD or "CBA" (you guys using, I don't know what) can survive themselve, the question is whether or not the whole system in every country, from training kids through sponsoring professionals, can survive itself.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Look at your 1st post. It's enough to anger Msian & INA people. Hence my post no 3, PLUS the fact it has already been repeated again & again many times, and yet you can still make the post below. Plus you're making it seem that only Msia & INA fans make troubles to other players. And pleasseee do not explain yet again that you actually dont mean it that way, blah blah blah.

"It seems that all people in Malaysia and Indonesia are patriots and nationalists. All the audience inside the whole stadium are crazy about their local players, and at the same time, making all troubles possible to other players. This is just the on court observation, I know, there are lots of people in Malaysia and Indonesia who support other players from ohter countries, but their voices cannot be heard inside the stadium."

#45 eaglehelang, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Booing local players at his or her home is not new.....what Lin Dan had is nothing...few years ago...Indonesian fans at Jakarta were so hostile to it's own players..basically not only booing but saying he or she is hopeless....go back to your home town or being a pedicab driver...etc..One of famous examples that taufik was so upset and almost got into the fight with Indonesian fans..Also Mia audina was yelled as a traitor as she moved to Netherlands and could not play and cried during the final and lost....those were more hostiles than happening in shanghai.....

7. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Totally negative.

Booing local players at home is not new in Indonesia or Malaysian, that's well known. For them, love and hate are the same thing. They booed local players because they love the players, then expect too much, then get disappointed, then hate them.

But what happened in Shanghai was different. The majority of the audience didn't booed LD, they just "Jia you"ed for LCW. That's the difference everyone who can read could tell.

The circumstance were different too. In M'sia or I'sia, their local heroes failed to deliver. They were defeated badly. But in China, LD was leading.

The most important thing is that there's none cheering LD or other Chinese players playing in I'sia, even though the fans booing the local players at losing track. That's the main thing, you totally lost. Booing is negative thing, while cheering is positive thing.

At I'sia / MM'sia, when local players losing badly, their fans send negative messages, booing their own heroes.

At Shanghai, when the local players leading to win, the local audience send positive messages to the foreign players, cheering for the foreign players.

Please note the difference. Please don't mix up different things together.

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Indonesia fans do cherring Chinese players especially when playing against Malaysia..and they always cheer boa chun lai...if you do not know anything...please do not say that Indonesia does not cheer china players....they also cheer lee young dae too....

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LD gets booed because of two reasons: (1) he seldom does his best, and (2) he doesn't respect his opponents (unless he is LCW)..

FHF/CY rarely get booed exactly because of the opposite reasons...

10. eaglehelang

Once again, take note your 1st post, which I already re-quoted. You yourself sent wrong message. You said "patriots & nationalists" mah. You said "making all troubles possible to other players" mah - means to say we are terrible troublemakers. After that you can get puzzled by hauge's angry response, wakaka. You are fortunate it didnt elicit more angry responses from the other forumers.
    Patriots cheer for own players regardless winning, losing, some Msians dont do that. I think the terms you wanted to use got lost in translation, you end up using more serious terms.

At far as I know & can hear the cheering, Bao CL has fans in INA, lots of gals cheer for him (well, he is cute):D. And INA fans cheered for China when it's China vs Msia, jeered at Msian players due to the political issues,etc.

Yeah, LD was leading, so? There are Msians who are fans of China players who will cheer for China when it's China vs Msia, from old folks to young folks.

Basically....you started it 1st, brought it on yourself, then pulak get irritated when others get pissed, really funny. Cannot say you dunno, you're 'veteran' BC member :p

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so we are going to learn tennis style?
    sitting 5 hours without speak?hehe
    i bet 95% badminton fans will opt to stay at home then
    haha

12. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I'sian fans cheered for CHN against MAS? what's the points? Every country A will cheer for Country B against Country C! It's too common! What they supposed to do if not, sit there speechless?

The counterpart scenario of LCW-LD case should be: have you ever seen INA fans cheering for LD or BCL at INA open final against Taufik (their local player) especially through all 3 sets? Any one can kindly provide these kind of vedio if they do exist.

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Just find the video yourself..............

14. eaglehelang

Have you forgotten about BC members from INA who are China fans? Search the threads, they do cheer for China. Perhaps now they more low profile,perhaps they are concerned about flamed by other Indonesians.:p
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...minton-Asia-Youth-Under-19-March-21-28/page60
    post1005

In stadium, either a) they dare not make it obvious, might not come out of stadium in one piece if they do. b) The person might have been mistaken for someone from another SEA country.

15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Since LD didn't play in INA a lot, LD played a lot in M'sia against LCW, so Let's compare this:

1) When LCW played China open in China trailing behind against LD in the crucial semifinal, the whole Stadium cheered for LCW, and some local audience booed LD

2) So when LD played LCW in Malaysia open in Malaysia, have you ever seen Malaysia fans, the whole stadium cheered for LD and some fans booed LCW?

16. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Sure, I knew and said there were definitely some diehard Chinese fans in either Malaysia and Indonesia. But their voice cannot be heard in stadium, because of the reasons you mentioned. While in China, it was the majority in the stadium who cheered for LCW. That's the huge differecne, that's what i was talking about.

In fact, those people who cheered for LCW were not LCW's fans, I believe, as Lucida said they were just "haters".

Those M'sian fans or I'sian fans, dominant in the stadium, either cheer or boo their local players, for the same reason: they desperately want their local players to win.

While the audience in China who cheered LCW and booed LD, they don't care much who's gonna win. They just want to watch more fiercing dog fighting. That's difference I concluded myself.

Exactly as you said, if someone in I'sia, but support CHN, then he's afraid of "flamed by other Indonesians"; But in China, as my experience, if someone in China, but support foreign players instead of Chinese players, then he'll be regarded a very cool guy with global vision. That's the difference i'm talking about.

17. eaglehelang

Like this, if in the stadium in Msia, a group of people hold up the China flag & shout :'Zhong Guo Dui Jia Yu',' Lin Dan Jia Yu'. I would just assume they are China fans, and not be bothered which nationality. There are such cheerleading groups. They may very well be Malaysians, those who are ethnic chinese, looks similar, we cannot say for sure. I'm chinese Msian, I can pass for China/Taiwan/Hong Kong citizen as long I dont speak Mandarin(accent different). On their part, they will blend in, do their cheering,then go home. As long as they dont make trouble, people are not bothered with them.

If a group of Asians in Europe country cheer for LCW, people will just assume they are Msian fans.

#57 eaglehelang, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    <p>
    well whats the point of crying for no people support u?</p>
    <p>
    u are the one who need to take responsibility</p>
    <p>
    its ur problem if u dont win the heart of audience</p>
    <p>
    can u see people booed peter gade or wong choong hann?</p>
    <p>
    &nbsp;</p>
    <p>
    just sound like some of malaysia politician</p>
    <p>
    say we not appreciate enough</p>
    <p>
    lin dan or 2cents might be good friend of them?</p>

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Just look at his thread at in a open about being unprofessional..he asked one question and demanded it..we answered and asked another question with twisted words.....he said that no ina fans cheering for china players and I have pointed out that there are some then he asked about in final..blah.blah...

20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

thanks for answering. I don't see it's an issue. If you have questions for me, i am glad to have the chance to answer whatever it is on my best. That's all this forum is about.

but the issue was your answer to my question was off the topic, you probably had tried your best. :)