HK Open MS - Will LCW meet LD again?

Discussion in 'China Open / Hong Kong Open / India GP 2010' started by murfice, Dec 8, 2010.

1. murfice

murfice Regular Member

Students
    emm....very excited to see if LCW meets LD at semi final. I just wondering how come LD meets LCW so early at Semi Final, is it because PG withdraw? On top of that, do you think the result would be the same as Asian Game? Which Chen Jin gives LCW hard time on 3 sets, then LCW lost most of his strength on the day before LD. So LD got an advantage from it. What do you think?

I really hope this wouldnt happen again exactly the same as Asian Game.

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Lin Dan was drawn in the same half because he was seeded 4th, that's why he will meet LCW, the 1st seed in the semi-finals. If he was in the bottom half, he will meet the 2nd seed PG (withdrawn already, so could be anyone now) in the bottom half in SF. The draws are based on seedings, e.g.

1 [Lee Chong Wei]
    - tipped to meet in 1st QF
    5/8

5/8
    - tipped to meet in 2nd QF
    3/4 [Lin Dan]

Hope you understand my blurry explanation...
    LCW has 2 very tough tests, Chen Jin tomorrow and the new upcoming youngster from China Wang Zhengming today.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think this tournament is not important enough after AG.

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I also don't think either LCW or LD will win the MS title... may be CJ or other dark horses... BOLEH :)

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

this 2 players is not interested to win this..:D

6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't understand why we keep on thinking only big event is important to the players? If Super Series is not important enough for Lin Dan then why even participate? I think all these players take thier matches very seriously, excuses are given only after they lose like "not very important event", "not in the top form", "injuries, food poison" ...
    Chong Wei may not have won any grand events like Olympic/World Championship/Asian Games but still consider as great player in my book with so many SS seires titles while Lin Dan is the greatest of all time.

7. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

No, LD does not need to take any advantage to beat LCW. Just admit it, LD is the best now, and probably the best ever.

Actually LCW was lucky that he survived Chen Jin in AG. Right now, LD is head and shoulder above the rest players. Then LCW is the second, but Chen JIN and Chen Long are close to LCW.

8. majyun

majyun Regular Member

Hello, welcome to the forum. It's nice to have you post your very first post in this thread. Old member, I presumed.
    I will give you a heads up just in case you are new, Lin Dan is the god in badminton and many people come here specifically to worship his greatness in badminton. That includes our lovely mods and there's nothing is wrong with that. Really the competitive forum should have been rename into 'the great faith of Lin Dan fellowship' but don't mind the formality here.

I think you are being too humbled. Lin Dan's greatness obviously eclipsed the power of creationand his has his faithful 'saints' aka know as Chen Jin, Chen Long, Bao Chun Lai and co. to share his greatness in badminton. LCW is but a mere human who are happened to be extremely lucky(perhaps at the mercy of our ever so kind Lin Dan) to have scratch Chen Jin in Asia games. Have it not because of Lin Dan's generosity and LCW's absurd luck, LCW would have been slaughtered and sink into oblivion in the semifinal of AG as the saints (headed by bro Chen Jin) are heads above LCW and the rest of the wordl in term of skills and ability.

Don't worry and speak your mind, forget about all those modesty. For everything is forgiven here if you speak the great name of Lin Dan. Remember the mods are great followers too.

Just wait and see, LCW will be sorry in the tomorrow's match in HK open. There's no way he can escape his miserable fate especially in China.

9. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Agree . LD is just best. haha

10. murfice

murfice Regular Member

Students
    Oh my god, you guys sound like Anti-LCW. Hahaha...although i am a big fan of LD, i still support my home country player LCW.

I don't think that LCW won so many SS titles simply by his luck, World Rank no.1 is not lucky. I pretty sure LCW put lot of his hard work into it. But i really do hope that Malaysia can produce more MS players who are competitive. Emm...Hopefully Malaysia young players could climb up faster.

Undeniable, Super Dan is almost unbeatable what i thinking is that he creates an aura of himself which give his opponent mentally pressure regardless of skills and technique. In chinese, we called 霸气.

Whether SS or big tournament, it doesn't bother me at all. As long as i could watch LCW fight against LD, it makes me feel excited than watch Chen Jin vs Chen Long. You may not agree with me, but that's personal expecting match. Haha...I enjoy very much watching this RH vs LH match. Sometimes i was thinking whether LH has advantage from the badminton, apparently i have been told that because of the shuttlecock spin direction benefits to LH players. Is that logical? What do you all experienced commentator and players think?

11. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Agree. LCW is very good too. LD is Just a little better than him. Maybe it's because of LD's better physical ability and self confidence. Everyone want to see LD vs LCW now. two or three years later, maybe Chen long or Wang ZM.

12. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    THE ANSWER IS ; NO
    they will not meet this time...

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Here we go again....yawn.....

14. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

this is what LD has on court while others dont have....the difference.

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I agree with that.

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

As per the usual :D

17. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Looks like the dream SF did not come true... and if LCW wins today, I won't be surprised if he goes on and take this title as well.

18. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    he dont need to win today
    he will play NTM tomorrow...
    CJ also go Disneyland...

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

They(CJ and LD) also learned how to 'feel good' as well................

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

no lah... they are going to Lantau to see the huge painting.... :)