HK Games/Partners/Tournaments

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by Shoutsu, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Shoutsu

Shoutsu Regular Member

Looking to join weekend games in Hong Kong (I live here now). I generally play with Meetup groups, but find their level tend to vary too much and want more consistency in the levels of the games I play. I'm looking for partners to play regularly with, and/or join tournaments with me.

I started playing Badminton around 6 years ago as a replacement to Tennis (which I was trained and coached since age 5). Mainly recreationally but got really into it (daily playing). I went through a short period of training with a coach in Hong Kong and Shanghai. I played a lot of the local tournaments in Vancouver. I'm more of a competitive-recreational player. Someone who wants to have a good challenge, improve, but not take training that methodically.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

#1 Shoutsu, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Hi,

I think you need to provide more details to entice responses.

What's your own level of play?
    Played intervarsity?
    Played provincial or even national?

Undergone systematic training?
    Played what sort of tournaments in the past?

There's a competition coming up in HK. It's the HK annual championships. You can find the entry form on the Hong Kong Badminton Association downloads site.

3. Shoutsu

Shoutsu Regular Member

Ahh right. Updated :p

Yeah I saw the tournament in HK coming up. I can't read the details at all though. Used Google Translate and got the gist of it, but don't have a partner even if I wanted to join for Doubles (I can't play Singles now, lack the stamina lol)