Help with Stroke Please!!

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Mason, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Mason

Mason Regular Member

Made some improvements in my scissor along with my backhand shots , drives defense and net play. Also I am doing a better job at pushing out in the mid courts and intercepting mid court shots.

I still need to be more relaxed but I’m making some improvement. I even had a jump drop shot at the end :)

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I would say that scissor kick is much much better. The whole stroke looks much more coordinated and relaxed. Do you feel you are getting the same amount of power into the shuttle.

One small point is when landing the left foot on the scissor kick, turn it outwards a bit more.

Mason likes this.
  3. Mason

Mason Regular Member

I can’t tell if I’m getting more power or not. I’m swinging more effortlessly though

4. Mason

Mason Regular Member

Played a second time this week. I am clearly getting much better. I havnt played with some of these people in a while and I’m clearly surpassing them in skill. Badminton insight has helped me a lot over the last month or so. Not pulling my left arm down too early was a huge cue for me that allows me to get more body rotation and make my smashes and drops look more similar.
    So I have more power and deception :cool: