HELP!!! MP100, MP77 or Ti 10????

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Robbie, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Robbie

Robbie Guest

I am getting new rackets from Yonex through my sponsorship and I am not sure wether to get the MP100, MP77 or the Ti 10, if anyone can help[ me out with info or experiences with them I would appriciate it, thanks

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I would advocate the Ti 10 anytime over most rackets.

I think u should just go ahead and buy the Ti 10.

Best of luck!

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I have never tried the MP77 before but if you ask me to recommend between the Ti-10 and the MP100 i would strongly recommend the Ti-10

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    How old are you?
    Where do you play?

You're getting sponsored with the choice of such high end equipment???

Only the top players in my country have been sponsored with such expensive, and awesome stuff.
    Awesome!

Maybe you should get Yonex to let you try them out, then since you are being sponsored, you need to pick up what will play best for you.
    I personally enjoy the Ti10.
    Precision, control, power. It has all those, and I liked it.
    Took me a while to get used to it, but hey, I'm just an amateur. :p

However, you can't tell me you're being sponsored in my country, and those were one of your racquet choices, as the racquet is no longer available from Yonex here.
    Anywho, congrats on your sponsorship!!!

5. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    I would reccomend Ti-10 over any other rackets it the market

6. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Hmm ..

I still like my MP-100 over my Ti-10. Its more of a 'do everything' racket than the Ti-10, at least to me. But like I've mentioned to many of them, I love the Ti-10 for the raw power alone. But its not so nice for touch shots and out of position returns as its not as 'forgiving' , off centre hits are a No-no for the Ti-10, but does not seem to affect the MP-100 so much.

That's my take at least, some of you may not agree.

Guess its may be a good idea to find someone who owns them to try out first before deciding.

As far as I understand, sponsorship deals are done on a $ value per year basis and they do not restrict on your choice of equipment pick really. I had a friend who was sponsored by Pro-Kennex and that was how it went for him.

I don't if things have changed over the years. So do correct me if I'm wrong.

7. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    What are the requirements to get sponsorship?

8. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Actually Yonex was way more strict than that.
    Here you have partial, and full sponsorships.

If you are partial you are again limited to what you have to spend on equipment, because they gave you a certain percentage off equipment.

Only the full time top level elite players that train for a living get full sponsorships, which means free gear, from what they want you to play with... which means a choice of A, B, C or even D.

I had a partial, and I picked the cab8. :)
    Got them for under $40 here... :lol:

9. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Oh yeah... they're very picky about who they sponsor...
    So you have to be something special to get sponsored by them where I'm from.

I WAS going to be something, but then I turned out to be nothing (actually I turned out to be an early University graduate!! :eek: ), guess that's why I only got partial. :p

10. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Did they try out your skill before you signed the "paper" ?

11. Glacier

Glacier Guest

I've used both the MP77 and Ti10, but not the MP100. I love the Ti10 a lot, but after using the MP77, it's a pretty tough choice to make.

Having said that I would recommend the Ti10, simple because of the fact that most people prefer it and it's seemingly the most popular racket out there by far!

12. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    i've used mp77 and ti10 before.
    and for myself, i prefer the mp77. its not as head heavy as the ti10.
    sure, the ti10 is very very powerful, but its kind of slow cos the head is so heavy.
    and i think mp77 looks better too lol. mp77 is more of a do anything all 'round racquet and the ti10 is power power power smash smash smash type of thing

13. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    They observe all their "prospects" before they approach them for sponsorship, obviously if you're playing, and you know the scouts, and agents are watching you're going to try your best to impress them with your talent.

If they deem you something above the rest, then they will definitely approach you, and talk to you.
    As for the rest of the others that I know of, they submitted their resume's and went through the painfully slow review process, before they would be scouted.
    Not sure how it works in other countries though.

14. Robbie

Robbie Guest

Thanks, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, and I am 17 years old. I think I might try out the Ti 10 because everyone seems to think that it is the best available, I have been playing with the Ti series for about a year now and they seem to be light years ahead of any type of racket that I have ever used (I had played with Victor eqipment like rackets and bags and grips; everything since I started) I think that would be wise, thanks for the info!

15. joseph

joseph Guest

really?? you found your mp77 to be more head heavy than the ti10? my mp77 is 2U CD, and i've tried ti10 2U SP, and i find the mp77 much more head heavy. could it be because the SP versions are generally more head light? haha! you think mp77 is better looking? i think ti10 is better looking(except for the shaft).

16. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I own all these racquets and I personally recommend Ti-10. However, as you are being sponsored, you must play much better than I do, so you may consider my advice as an amature's opinion. :)

Again, the choice depends on your play style. Ti-10 and MP100 are definitely good for smash, i.e. if power means a lot to you, you can ignore MP77. I personally don't favorite the MP77 (mine is 2U) - it is heavy, not especially powerful, not very manuverable, ... (sorry, Shaun, just my personal opinions). If I need to choose a highly manuverable racquet, I would definitely choose racquets like Ti SP SS/SR/SA.

As some of us have discussed earlier, MP100 is probably a bit more manuverable due to its thinner and less stiff shaft. However it is not the case for me, I feel at home with Ti-10 even though I agree that it is not as fast as other racquets when playing shots like net drive.

Fyi, even in local (Hong Kong) team, there are much more people using Ti-10 than MP100. In fact, I've been told that one of the reason why Ti-10 CN is out of stock - it is because too many Chinese players are using it these days !

17. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    hmm odd, the mp77 was never intended to be a head heavy racquet to begin with. it even states "even balance" on the shaft of the racquet. when i used my buddies ti10(2u g4), i found it much head heavier than my mp77(2u g4).
    the thing that could have caused you to believe that the mp77 is more head heavy could be that the ti10 had a bigger grip, or the ti10 was a 3u and the mp77 was a 2u.

18. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Uh-oh. Shaun, sounds to me like some of these non-characteristic racquets could be a fakes - shall we try to break the old record for number of posts discussing this possibility? ;)

19. Jon

Jon Guest

Shaun, Ricky said that his MP77 is "heavy," not head heavy.

20. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    yes brett, i am starting to wonder the authenticity of the racquets that these guys are talking about :sad: j/k