Help me Choose between these Shuttlecocks for club please

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by slair76116, Feb 19, 2021.

1. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Aeroplane EG1130 Shuttlecock
    $188

RSL Ultimate Shuttlecock
    $182

Yonex Aerosensa 30 Shuttlecock
    $180

RSL Supreme Shuttlecock
    $172

Snow Peak(Superior Grade) Shuttlecock
    $169

Hi-Qua Shuttlecock Red
    $152

I have only played with AS30 here so they are my reference line, and I'm wondering if someone knows if the other options are either;
    a. Better or
    b. cheaper at same quality as AS30.

I don't want anything worse than AS30.

Price are in HKD, if anyone knows a place with international shipping and cheaper prices for shuttlecocks also appreciated.

Thanks

Rgds
    D

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    HI Qua red are popular in Hong Kong- I found the quality quite good when you start playing with them but somehow the shuttle will slow down after being played with.

RSL Ultimate is good.

RSL Supreme used to be the top in the range. What RSL do is give a name to their top shuttle, establish the name, then gradually lower the quality and create a ‘new’ best quality shuttle. I haven’t played with it much but for ten dollars difference in price to the RSL Ultimate, most people choose the Ultimate (shared amongst four people, the price difference is very small).

AS30 seem to fly quite fast to me. I last used them a few years ago in a competition and the quality was pretty poor - the shuttle was fast and quite dry so I wonder if the organisers had been supplied old stock. Definitely not a popular choice amongst the groups that I play in.

No comments on Snow Peak or the Aeroplane not having played with them.