Help choosing doubles racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Izzat Ismail, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Izzat Ismail

Izzat Ismail Regular Member

Good day everyone. I mostly play double. My usual gameplay involves drop shots, deceptions, net plays and not much smashes. I've tried multiple rackets but right now i've settled with vzf2 4u, really like how easy it is to clear with this racket and still quick enough for defense. I've previously used 4u voltric 80 but it broke. I'm looking for a racket that is the equivalent of voltric 80 4u because it's impossible to find it now. Would also like to know any suggestions on rackets that might suit me, i'm considering arc11, bs12 but not sure whether hitting clears with even balance rackets would be as effortless. Tried duora 10, didnt really work out. Thank you all

#1 Izzat Ismail, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

"not sure whether hitting clears with even balance rackets would be as effortless"

errmmm what? o_O

3. Izzat Ismail

Izzat Ismail Regular Member

I believe that the heavy head of zf2 helps in hitting clear shots, i welcome differing opinions. Thank you

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

true, but not 100% correct.
    Yes, a head heavy racket excel at its momentum force when swinging. But for its greatness come a downside. As its heavy you need a greater strength to swing it & repeat swing on fast flat play would makes you struggle even more.
    While other hand, head light excel at speed as its ... Well light (pretty obvious). Ofcourse the downside it carry very much less momentum when hitting but as its light you can swing it with faster speed.

With that if you ask me, momentum or speed? My answer is you need both. If you cant swing fast then seek for momentum or if you cant handle the heavy weight then seek for speed. You need to find your golden point between this speed & power. So. As everyone physical is different, you yourself who can answer this.

Little example.
    My weapon is TK770 3U HH. I can unleash my thunderous smash with it. Its heavy, 99gr with string & overgrip. Switching to AVP, my smash turn into sparking smash.
    Other hand my friend who is Head Light lovers could smash as good as i do, but when borrowing my TK770 his smash become noodle smash. His hand is fast but weak muscle yet im muscle man but not quite fast hand.

5. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Timing and impact makes the difference in clear or smash. If u can go behind the shuttle definitely u can hit a proper clear with head heavy or headlight rackets. I have seen kids who are 10yrs or 14yrs old can hit a great clear and good smash with proper timings.. (google Korean high school badminton u know what I meant). the situation comes when ur not in proper position, During that time we can be sure u don’t have much time to recover or judged so u need a fast arm or muscle to hit the clear. U need to judge urself if ur fast arm or muscle arm and choose the racket accordingly. There is no racket which can fulfill all requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk