Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Rob91, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Rob91

Rob91 New Member

Adminstrator
    Hello everyone!

I'm a fresh badminton newbie that will be hopping around in the forum with you guys for the next forseeable future ;)

I'm a Dutch male that turned 24 this month and have been playing badminton once a week the last 3 months. With a group of friends we hire a gymhall from 8:30 pm to 10 pm every thursday evening. This is relatively low leveled and only a couple of us have any real club experience. I love the sport though and am currently considering to join a local badmintonclub.

I've been there once as a visitor and already learnt that I have been playing with the wrong grip... It's really tough to get used to a new grip now. My biggest frustration is that I can't hit a baseline to baseline clear. I play with a Yonex Nanoray 60(light headed) and am quick on my feet. I can somewhat keep up with players that are technically a lot better because of agility and footwork. I've been doing weightlifting for a year and thought the increase of strength would give me a headstart but sadly, I still can't baseline to baseline clear yet... I've looked up tutorials and stuff but well, I still got a long way to go. (mada mada dane).

Anyway, thats enough for now, I'll see you guys and gals around!

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Welcome to the forum! You should find a lot of helpful advice/tips on how to improve here.

Good luck! :)

3. Iolanthe

Iolanthe New Member

RAF College Curator
    Welcome Rob! I'm a newbie too, and have been playing badminton for the past two months. I play in the local town club and we play three times a week in a school hall.

I have now just begun to win points sometimes, and really started to get my head around the scoring..theres a lot ot pick up, but its enjoyable isn't it :)

4. author

author Regular Member

student
    hello..I am a newbie too..