Hello..old friends?

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by owangdingdang, Dec 6, 2016.

1. owangdingdang

owangdingdang New Member

Hi, my name is Owang :D
    I'm from the cold cold north of Canada (Calgary, if anyone cares). I'm turning 20 next year, picked up badminton in middle school around 13 years old I guess so you could call me a veteran :p
    Why did I call you all old friends? Even though I've just joined as an "official" member, I've been snooping on here since the very beginning of the 7 year journey. From reading Kwun's "+2 tension on cross" to Sir Dink's "string review", this site has given me a lot of knowledge not just about playing but about the racket itself.
    I started training when I was 16 under Ardy Wiranata (1988 olympic silver medal I believe, search him up) and progressed quickly. Even though I was already behind because the people I trained with started when they were 9 or 10, I played alongside them and was just able to reach their feet in terms of skill level I guess. I stopped shortly after that at 18. But my playing spirit never stopped and I continue to coach my highschool and play with friends. One of the biggest things I learned from training was not just the footwork or the skill but the intuition during rallies to be at a certain spot at a certain time. I think that's what they call skill mixed with instinct.
    I used some poor old carbonex for a long time before upgrading it to victor mx-80. I did so much research to decide on that racket haha. Then I switched to mx-jjs to pursue singles but played doubles as well(also because I got a sponsorship from Victor Candada). I'd love to post what I thought of the rackets if anyone is interested. Lastly, my new hypernano 800 powers are coming and I'm so excited to share with y'all what it would feel like to play with it.
    Thank you for reading, if Kwun or Sir Dink would happen to glance at this, my life would be made I think (I look up to people who are passionate about the game, guess that's why I like LCW a lot). Anyways, looking forward to any replies! Nice to meet you.

Owen
    p.s. thank you coach Paul for your blogs, I personally decided on 800P because of you
    p.p.s. I guess I'll attach a photo of myself, the person jumping is me and the person in black is my best friend who I've played doubles with since forever

Attached Files:

Cheung and visor like this.