Hello from Switzerland + question for intense practice abroad

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Vince_696, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Vince_696

Vince_696 New Member

Hey guys,

A member of another forum advised me to go here to get here on badminton central:
    I've been practicing badminton for a few years now, and although I really love the sport, I feel like I've never really improved so much, nor have I been able to train as much as I can. As I've just turned 29 years old now, I'm considering taking a gap year to move to Asia and practice badminton at a very intense level. I'm considering moving for at least 3 months, ideally 6 or 12.

I would be looking for a club / academia / coach to practice multiple times a week if not everyday, take part to tournaments etc.

BUT the thing is ... I don't know where to begin with ... I'd be willing to move to basically any Asian country with a strong badminton culture.

And I have tons of questions about visa, training, where to go, barrier language, etc...

So if any local people have any advice OR any foreigner have done this before and have some experience to share about how they did this, where they went, how it was, how integration was etc ... happy to get your thoughts.

Cheers,
    Vince