have u guys watched the presentation ceremony of sudirman cup 2005?

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by red00ecstrat, May 17, 2005.

1. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    after watching it. i felt a bit uncomfortable. coz those chinese medal presenters didn't seem to sincerely congratulate the foreign athletes. neither to the danish team nor to the indonesian team............they just did it like a routine job!
    they have a BIG ROOM for improvement!

p.s. i m a 100% chinese.

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Heh! That beats the frowns and stiff handshakes if the foreigners beat them on their home turf:D.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. i just saw that. it was hilarious. the medal presenter, apparently the president of DoubleStar, wasn't very... erm shall i say, gentle when presenting the medals and flowers. however, i won't place any judgement on him, perhaps language was a barrier, he did have a smile in his face.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the second guy in the suit is much better. the first guy in the polo-shirt and slackpants seems to be in a hurry. maybe that's how his personality is.

5. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    language was a barrier........yep i agree that kwun. at lease he should say "congratulations". but form my observation. i couldn't see any movement of their lips!

one other thing. thx for putting this post to the right place. thx man!

#5 red00ecstrat, May 17, 2005
    Last edited: May 17, 2005
  6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes I saw it and thought it was a 'disgrace' for a CEO to present himself in such a manner. Mind you, the badminton world was all eyes on him during the prize presentation and he certainly did not do a decent job!

It was as though he was fighting for time operating in a conveyor belt environment and he felt very uneasy about having to do the honour and this made the medal recipients, especially those from overseas, rather hesitant and less cheery. Maybe this shy CEO is not used to being exposed to such an open function with such a big audience! Good thing is that he must be a great badminton fan to involve his company as the major sponsor. Hope he gets better the next time. :eek:

7. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

The medal presentation was so flamed by the Chinese on the tournament webpage.
    Most people who saw it thought it was a disgrace. Apparently the CEO of the major
    sponsor was from a peasant background, therefore he was not vey familiar with the
    proper protocals. If I remember correctly, the major sponsor -- double star, is actually
    a shoe-making company, that's probably why they sponsored the tournament.

newplayer

8. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il even imitated him by pushing his flowers towards Seo Yoon Hee :D

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I think it was just the sheer amount of medals and bouquets to give out. I found it to be quite hilarious actually. The presenter was thrusting the bouquet into the players' faces. But he did not do it with bad intentions, so we should not fault him. We should thank him for supporting badminton.

I had the feeling that there weren't enough bronze medals to give to everyone. If true, that would have been much worse.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks. that i think is a rational and believeable explanation for the somewhat unpolished behaviour from the DoubleStar CEO.

what also striked me is the behaviour of the Chinese team members. they were joking around and playing with the Cup during the flag passing ceremony. i think they have no excuse to be distracting and not respecting the on-going ceremony.

11. badplayer2004

badplayer2004 Regular Member

the guy could be just nervous in front of a crowd and under time pressure to deliver all those things..am pretty sure he has no disrespect for anyone there....just that he is not polished. Look how many he has to give it away...he do better if not in a hurry and fewer presentation......i think its more of time pressure

anyways....XXF lookes super great in the ceremony if anyone notice...she lookes like gyeneth paltrow.....she was practically GLOWING :p perhaps lindan's victory has something to do with it:D