Have the rackets accidentally slip out of your hand during a game/rally?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by s6edge, Oct 8, 2021.

1. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

I never have this happen, but I have seen someone accidentally throw their racket during a back hand swing.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Backhand require your hand to bend backward which are kinda ackward to do. Wrong technique would makes your gripping weak or uncomfort so the racket would slip away.
    I to feel it hard to do controlled backhand smash. At most i can do 1 which is controlled backhand with weak power (backhand drop /cross drop) or powerfull backhand but no control (backhand clear). If i try both i always feel my racket are about to slip. I know its technique issue coz on some occasion when i hit perfectly, i can do good backhand smash. Im just not used to do backhand alot so my posture, griping, timing, & movement not quite perfect for proper backhand smash.

3. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    I guess wrong grip is the most likely reason.
    When I was starting out, I smacked my racket on the ground when trying to smash because of wrong thumb position.

4. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

It happens sometimes on my backhand swing. It will partially slip out, but then I don't have enough grip to hold onto it and gravity does the rest. It's never a proper throw. Mostly only on the backhand, I can't remember ever dropping a racket on a different shot.

Sometimes the acceleration of the racket is just too much for the grip to hold, especially when hands get sweaty.

Players like sukamuljo drop their racket sometimes because of this as well. fast racket action + loose/sweaty grip = racket on the floor.

5. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Allllll the time here in southern china. Not so much me, but I'd say 25% of players have their racket slip out of their hand once a night. It's due to the weather and the heat for us here. Even in Oct "real feel" temps are over 40 degrees and no a/c on the courts mean a lot of sweaty arms and palms making this a common problem. Most people have a bottle of grip powder to keep it from happening, but it still does.