Hats off to Lee Hyun Il

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by malaysiangirl, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

My point is not this, I am trying to show how untrue the details in a report can be. The scenes described in the report are mostly made up and never happened in reality. :eek:

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I know what you mean...I am just tyring to explain a bit to support your statement.....:D Park was upset for a minute then he kept playing.....

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's neat to have your different opinion and good imagination;it helps make this forum richer.
    Those are my observations, more to salute LHI. Including LD as contrast is crucial because I don't think LHI would have won if LD did not collapse mentally(evident from his quick emotional swing from delight at having 2 match points to despair when the umpire did not meet his wish)
    So much sympathy and slam have been posted on LD, yet we forgot that it's LHI who's key to turning this match into a thriller.What's your take on him?
    (By the way,never believe your attention or interest(or bypass) in my post can be so important that you need to broadcast it;that may indirectly reflect conceit.)

4. morphy

morphy Regular Member

Its fine to have passionate support for certain players, I think we all do have players we tend to admire more than others. At the same time as far as that particular match was concerned I don't think its necessary to diminish one player in order to alleviate the other. Without question, they're BOTH amazing players despite what anyone may think of their personality or character. And neither of them needed external help. They are both that good that they don't need to. They both gave a superb display of badminton skills and to come out on top would've taken supreme effort. It was just a shame that the match was marred with controversy.

What do I think of LHI?
    lets say I have a short list of players that I put as "must see" whenever they are taking part in a tournament. LD has always been in it, not a big fan of his antics but I admire his play and his matches are never boring. I can put LHI now on that short list too as well after the KO08 despite all the controversy.

#164 morphy, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  5. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    what's ur reaction when ur fav player lose like this way?

6. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    BWF's official website, Badzine, Christian Hadinata agreed that LD is a "true champion" of KO 08.

7. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    last year LD played 3 tourneys in a row (Ger, AE, Swiss), unfortunately he got an injured during SF match against Simon, that avoid him to whitewash all 3 titles in Europe's continent.
    if he hadn't got an injured, he can be the first player ever in the world that can win 3 titles in just 3 weeks!

8. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    agree! be a better player inside and outside the arena!

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Couldn't nod any harder..

...and totally concur as I, personally, didn't mind who won!:cool:...Hmm, any way we can delete/edit the controversial & unfortunate portion of that 3rd game??:confused::eek::(..That's like trying to watch a beautifully made movie, only to be ruined by some bad lines of dialogue towards the end...:p

#169 ctjcad, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  10. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    CM & CO 07 was an "excuse" for CHN umpires & linejudges coz CHN players / pairs need as many points as they can, so they can qualify into OG. LYB wont the case of XXZ and XXF in OG 04 will happen again, that's why there is so many calls favoured to local players.

to be honest, it's BWF's fault whom only allow max 3 players / pairs in top 4 to qualify to OG. if there is no rule about it, no need for CHN to make a controversy, coz CHN players is in "comfort and safety zone" to qualify.

can u prove that every time CHN host the open tourneys or SS always ended with controversy? how about CO 2000 - 06, CM 05 & 06? there is a complaint about linejudges?

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so what's your point? are you saying then the bad calls in CM/CO are justified? if someone make that conclusion, i will be really surprised as well as disappointed.

12. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    what about 21-4, 17 pts gap.
    if LD haven't skills to play, how he can "destroy" LHI in the first game?
    LD scores 65 pts, LHI only 52 (minus several bad calls). who is the best?

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think that's his conclusion.
    Bad calls in CM & CO07 were justified.
    Reason: LYB needs his players to gain as much Olympic Points as possible :D

Similarly, the withdrawals and walkovers in both events were justified (according to LYB himself, as written in the Chinese Press).
    Reason: for the sake of China's representatives in Olympics. Country's objectives are more important than individual players' gain or loss: to get a "group" advantage (集团优势), all out against other countries (一致对外).

14. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    in CM & CO 07, they need pts to qualify to OG 08, so there are "several" wrong calls, but CM & CO 08 will be held after OG, so it will be free from bad calls:D

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

What a reply...LOL....

See kwun, look's like my hunch is correct.

16. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    not only CHN, other countries also.
    remember ZJW in WC 06? 11 services fault on him. european umpires "helps" the euro pairs.

Ina 06:
    BCL vs Simon
    CY vs TH (1 bad call against CY, plus 1 GOOD CHAT between TH and the line judges, that change the decision under the "pressure" from the fanatic spectators, from "in" to "out"
    BCL vs TH (at least 2 wrong calls in the end of 2nd game)

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Calm down dude....it should be "ZYW" and "her". :eek:

It's interesting to see how you focuses only on the China players.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i guess we can similarly justify the bad calls in KO2008 then. LHI also need some points to qualify for the OG. haha.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Good one kwun :D

Rest assured, next year, we are back to normal with a free-of-bias Korea Open 2009.

It's beyond belief really how some ppl would justify Lin Dan's aggression and the linecalls in China Open 2007.

Ppl just keep on complaining about the bad linecalls, when in fact, during the MS Final match, I believe that the umpire was very fair, ruling out 3 calls in favor of Lin Dan. Only the last controversial call can be deemed as dubious, and we can't blame the umpire because he couldn't see that shot clearly. Still, the standard of umpiring that day was surely better than those we see in the China Open 2007, when the umpire himself/herself was from China :eek:

20. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    coz I'm from China. just like malaysian fans that are very concern about their players;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.