Hans Kristian Vittinghus

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by TheComedian, Jan 9, 2014.

1. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    Now, there is already a thread for this player but it doesn't cover his actual playing style. I am a big fan of HKV but I watch him play, he always starts strong. Plays a fantastic first set. But more often then not (in important matches where he is putting pressure on himself to win the match) he completely falls apart mentally in the second and pulls himself together at the beginning of the third, but still cannot convert it. You can see this portrayed in these matches. Matches he WANTS to win.

Hans Vs Du (super series finals 2012: Semi Final)
    [video=youtube;fH6CPon-0bk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH6CPon-0bk[/video]
    Hans Vs Tommy (World Championships 2013: First Round)
    [video=youtube;oDcSpX3DyKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDcSpX3DyKI[/video]
    Hans Vs Tanongsak (Yonex Denmark Open: First Round)
    [video=youtube;xlqcXY3DRnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlqcXY3DRnQ[/video]

But in total contrast when he is not under self pressure, he is not expected to win, he doesn't expect himself to win, he plays a very impressive steady game and really takes the play to his opponent. seen in this example

Hans Vs Lee Chong Wei
    [video=youtube;PnfcrF_K6G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnfcrF_K6G4[/video]

these results are very interesting to me. I feel he a very strong physical player, but psychologically very weak. Very similar to Bao Chunlai on the psychological side of the game.

What are your thoughts? How could a player like that improve his mental game?

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

For pure sports entertainment, HKV is great value for money. I love watching him. :)

His drive is certainly not in question.

But one could say that he is wasting precious energy in some of those hopeless diving rallies. While fun for the spectator, they are only useful to HKV if it causes an opponent to make mistakes in their attempt to hit shots that he can't reach. But calm experienced opponents (like LCW) will just keep playing their game knowing that they are more consistent than he is.

Not sure how one becomes more "wise", or self-possessed, apart from by time passing. HKV seems pretty bright. It's just possible that he'll be one whose wisdom strengthens before the body weakens.
    It'd be nice to see him on more podiums.

3. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I think he is very handsome and I'd like to marry him.

Schultzier, Neel Dhebar and stanleyfm like this.
  4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

It is quite refreshing to see a post on a male player's looks. :)

It ever-so-slightly lessens the embarrassment of seeing the number of posts on female players' threads that refer to their beauty, or lack thereof.:eek:

_______

Nevertheless, this thread could use a bump for the OP's interesting original question.
    [HKV's Facebook page here]

stanleyfm likes this.
  5. krilinosan

krilinosan New Member

Project manager
  6. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    No badminton tournament safe from fixing, says Vittinghus

"Money is growing in badminton, which is a positive thing in many ways," Vittinghus said by telephone from Denmark during the Singapore Open, which finished on Sunday.

"But of course money also attracts other interest like match-fixing, for example... I am sure (match-fixing) is still going on, I think it will be naive to say that it's not."

He said he was approached via Facebook at the Japan Open by a man he had met at previous tournaments, who claimed to have fixed matches at last year's Singapore Open and Thomas Cup.

"I think no tournament is safe because of the world we live in with the Internet and the implications it has, so it can happen anywhere and not only in Asia," Vittinghus said.

Denmark's Mads Conrad-Petersen said he hoped badminton would pour resources into combating match-fixing, or risk having its integrity compromised.

"It's just important to have some resources into this (match-fixing issue) so we can get it stopped," Conrad-Petersen told AFP in Singapore.

"It's in every sport, also in football and when there's betting and there's someone who wants to cheat it's important that people focus on (getting rid of) it."

"I don't feel unsafe or anything because I went public with the story and I have never played in a match where I thought my opponent was fixing or anything," said Vittinghus.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...xing-says-Vittinghus/articleshow/46904575.cms

7. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    hans makes a good sports commentator in place of you know who - after he and she retires.:)

8. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    This man deserves deserves some love after the Thomas Cup. Wow he was amazing for Denmark in the elimination stages. The heart and fight with which he played was breathtaking, especially when he was closing out the win against Indonesia. He truly loves the spotlight and high pressure situations, leading the come back when his team was down 0-2.

He may not be going to the olympics, but HKV has earned his place for a moment of glory for his country.

stanleyfm, stradrider and Fidget like this.
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Two thumbs up to Hans Kristian Vittinghus, he's the hero who created history for Danish badminton just when it mattered the most in the final tiebreaker against INA, he quickly overcame his nerves and played his heart out, rose to the occasion and gave his all for the match of his life. What a resounding, historic victory !

Actually, HKV's semifinal's win against MAS Iskandar Zainuddin in the MS2 matchup is also worthy of praise. Two excellent , crucial victories in the tail-end of his career to light up his lifetime achievement.

stradrider and Sundis like this.
  10. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    In fact it was my first time watching him move so naturally around the court. He usually plays with this awkward, stiff style reminiscent of a previous Danish TC hero Joachim Persson (who destroyed Malaysian Kuan Beng Hong's career).

11. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Well done HKV for winning Australian open, his first super series title.

He may not be going to the olympics, but I'm very glad he managed to win a superseries title and appear in the limelight before the end of his career. Perhaps he has a few more good performances to defeat in the top 5 and snatch another title somewhere along the rode in the next few years.

HKV may not be the most talented or skilled player that badminton has ever seen, but I will recognize him as one of the best fighters in the sport with his never-give-up attitude, even if he has lapses in concentrations in a lot of key moments.

stanleyfm and nizze like this.
  12. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I'm a big fan as well. He's unlucky in many ways having faced multiple injury problems but his spirit and never say die attitude is the reason i and many other badminton fans adore him.

stanleyfm likes this.
  13. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Agree. He has a never-give-up attitude on court. It's evident from the way he dives to defend the shuttles. Can see his commitment to keep the play going. That should be the attitude, to give one's best regardless of the outcome.

This is a total contrast from those who cannot control their emotions when things are not going their way, and self destruct on court.

for HKV!

14. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    A total contrast from other danish players you mean?

15. Alex_Xu

Alex_Xu Regular Member

NON
    love his diving
    makes him a real fighter

16. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    sad because danish players used to have this cool and calm demeanor....Morten Frost, and BWF president Poul Erik..

17. skyjuice34

skyjuice34 New Member

exec
    what racket is he using ? where in singapore can I buy ?

18. Severus Bolton

Severus Bolton Regular Member

Programmer/Developer
    Vittinghus just stood there and return everything his opponent threw at him. His opponent smashed and smashed but couldnt get through. HKV destroyed him....

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

If anyone needs futher proof of his incredible fighting spirit - here are 5 rallies that show what he is made of:

Wow.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The number one shot is just too much.