Great match for MD final!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by hungle, Aug 16, 2009.

1. mcdogoo

mcdogoo Regular Member

I watched the last couple of points again in the final game.

Cai Yun was simply asking if it was his serve, obviously they lost track of whose turn it was in the heat of it. He soon realized it was not his and gave the shuttle to Fu Haifeng.

My opinion anyway.

2. chen0019

chen0019 Regular Member

Fully agree. If nokh88 only mentioned the Cai/Fu pair, I would not have bothered to say anything no matter if it is true or false.

3. xidai

xidai Regular Member

OMG!!!!!!!

So that's what nokh88 said about "Lousy", "unsporstmanship" behavior that "should be banned"??????? And that' why I can't find what he means even though I watched the games several times already??????

How amazing is that?

Our nokh88 can't recognize LYD's serve as above waist, but without any hesitate he accused the serve judge to be unfair.

In the mean while, when CY was checking with the umpire for who's serving, he take that as a extremely rude action to distract LYD to lose the point.

Interesting, especially from such a "objective" "world" fan....

nokh88, if this is the act that you accused at CY, you must make an apology to him seriously.

After all, although we can always express whatever we want to say, it is you that let Hatred and Bias blind your eyes.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Lol... Great approach. First, paint one side as the god, then use one side's standard to judge the rest. :cool:

After every single event, every single match, every single point, there will be some CHN coach, player, staff, etc being dragged here to be flamed. Of course, some of them do mis-behave here and there, but so do everyone of us. Overall, we are all human.

So, if CY's normal consulting can be "lousy" or "should be banned", I do not see where the "objective" coming from. I would rather think about all such are a result of jealousy.

Anyway, a suppose great MD (no it's not perfect, and that's true for anything in this world) discussion, no got dragged to be a popularity contest, and as always, finger pointing of the CHN players. Well, if that's so call "objective", then I would rather being the narrow minded "subjective", to listen to what CY really did by my own ears. :cool:

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ur wrong,
    INA and MAS fans are quite vocal i must say.

Since CHN wins most of the time, we don't need to fight, we mostly defend from accusations and excessive hot gases blowing our way

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

very hard to do, even LD has to be calm down by the ladies:D after he had won his match already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt827rAhmzE (3:15)

8. iminton

iminton Regular Member

We all enjoyed the magnificent shows put up by all the players including these two pairs in this tournament, to which we should be grateful. As said by lazybuddy, there are always imperfections, technical or non-technical. We are allowed to like or displike things we see. However nokh88's arguments and logic are absurd. We all know you love LYD and you felt sorry about his loss, which is nothing wrong, but you put the blames on the Chinese pair and categorically generalize an anti-Chinese players conclusion from your personal bitter feeling, which is dead wrong.

I really wish we could make comments without categorically defaming a country and all players from that country unless there are evidences to demonstrate wrong doings orchestrated collectively by that country.

9. xidai

xidai Regular Member

SAD = Please watch again and again and again to know what I was refering to. All this while I thought all you guys who argued knows which action Cai Yun did that I was refering to. I was wrong. My conclusion now is that you guys are so pro Cai Yun that you all miss it.

Btw, if after watching it numerous times and you still can't spot his unsporting behavoir, go and ask him.

I rest my case, for the second time and it's final.[/QUOTE]

You said before that it is the last shot, and what I saw from there is he's just checking with the umpire. If you think we misunderstood you, come on, then just point out which one you are referring to. What's the score before and after that you so called "lousy" action? How bad it is acted to LYD?

If we still can't agree with each other. I will upload the clip to youtube, let the other members be the judges.

Your "rest the case" means nothing to me, because you just can't accuse somebody "lousy" and "Very unsporstmanship" without clear evidence. You must apologize for ur crude words.

PS. how about the "waist" thing? do you think the serve judge's still "unfair" to the totally innocent LYD?

If you can't prove ur accuse, THINK BEFORE YOU SAY or TAKE IT BACK AFTER!

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

final answer still can be incorrect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMriTkE3igY

11. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

Xidai, told you. Let him be lah. With a classical argument like that, do you still expect to engage him in a meaningful discussion?

12. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

nokh88's perception:
    My perception:
    CY was playing a psychological tactic to let JJS second-guess
    his serve, had he serve the last point. He did a high serve
    that completely caught JJS off-guard @23 even.
    A very smart move.

To nokh88, in case you don't get it, Please watch again and again and again..

13. qczhao

qczhao Regular Member

Student
    he was probably just trying to loosen up the service action cause he was so tense.

and besides, being pros why would JJS / LYD be even remotely distracted by it?

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    One play does not change the game result, be it's the last one, or the first one, or something in the middle. Both KOR and CHN pairs have numerious match points at earlier stages, but none of them can capitalize, therefore, both sides let the chance slip away numerous times. Then, CHN finally got grip on it, then they won. The game is really 50-50, and both sides did amazing job to get to the final stage. However, at the end, the luck has to shift either this way or that.

By human nature, we tend to remember and pay more attention on the game's last play, and totally ignore what had happened for the past 1 or 2 hours. If KOR can capitalize their 5 or 6 match points earlier, or to be better, close it out in 2 sets, then there will never be FHF's serve or CY's "trick" what so ever. So, who to blame actually? :rolleyes:

15. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    actually there's so much contoroversial in that game in my opinion..the scores are tigth especially the third ...no party can "kills off " anyone , until the so call "trick " moment...just a bit of luck Cai & Fu prevail ....

16. xidai

xidai Regular Member

OK, tonight I have watched "over and over again". Now I think I got the act that you want us to see.

However, for me it is just such a simple loosen move, to prepare for his serve (But the umpire switch it to FHF later). It's a tense game, they are all exhausted. Practicing before you really serve would be so normal. I really don't think that ordinary action would make such a controversy, only if you really try hard to make it one.

My points also include: CY was not even looking at Korea pairs at that time. He was staring at somewhere very high in the ceiling, obviously already concentrating on his thoughts of next serve. It would really weird if you try to angry somebody without even looked at him, right?

On the other hand, at that time LYD was back to his bag, drinking water, talking to his coach or something else. It is impossible for him to notice that action. In the meanwhile, JJS stayed at the front, but from next shot, apparently he's not bothered at all. They all go back to the game quickly.

So once again, it is absolutely not an offense to the Korea players. For me it is just an ordinary act that he's trying to loosen his move. Actually lots of people kind of also like to do that very often. In such a high tense game, player would rely on his techniques rather than teasing to win the game. And it needs the highest level of your imagination to translate it as a "lousy" action.

17. ericmeiguo

ericmeiguo Regular Member

To me, JJJ's stare at Chinese player is more offensive.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I hope there's some HD video quality available for download for this great md final..:D:D

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Here is my on-scene opinion, as I shared with avataar.

The 3 MD matches from semifinals to finals are indeed of the highest intensity and probably quality for the 21-pts system (well, except part of the 3rd game of CY/FHF vs Fairuz/Zakry).

However, for outright quality, quite a number of matches in the older 15-pts system is of higher quality, but not intensity. This is my opinion only. :p

As the speed of movement and explosive power is of paramount importance now, it is reaction and explicit timing that is seen as the defining moment, not so much the thought process in the buildup of the rallies. Whereas previously, the thinking player is able to change from defence to attack almost at will, the current game's higher speeds and faster players make it less easy to do so. Such that pts are won on mistakes made on attack or breaking down the defence into submission.

And of course, the mental games (staring at your opponents, celebration of a point) is one way to apply even more pressure on the opponent. This is perfectly legal and I don't see anything wrong with CHN pair's swagger on court.

20. iminton

iminton Regular Member

Agree with abedeng's analysis. The plays are so fast that you couldn't see the shuttle in low quality video.