Gosen Roots New 2-Kick Point System Rackets

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Thomas, Dec 20, 2000.

1. Thomas

Thomas Guest

I have just switched to the Gosen Roots SL & RL 3000 rackets from the Yonex Ti series. I am just beginning to discover the wonder of this new technology. There are other models like the 5000 and 2000 series which comes in various flex and shaft length. Any comment from users? The Gosen Roots rackets are currently use by the Badminton Association of Malaysia team.

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've this racquet too (bought it when I went Taiwan last time). While I can't say it is a bad racquet, I'm not particularly impressed with it. Perhaps it is because it isn't strung properly (mine was strung with Gosen's string at 22 lbs, but don't know the exact model - my favorite string is Yonex BG85 at 24 lbs). In fact, I'm a bit regret not to buy the 5000 which is a much stiffer version - I believe it should give me more power.

So, what are the good things about this racquet from your experience ?

3. Thomas

Thomas Guest

Honestly, at the intial use, I had some problems in adjustment i.e. smashing and controlling and somewhat disppointed with it. Felt like the racket lack power but once I adjusted to the characteristic i.e. feel, handling, sweetspot, long shaft, etc. it's powerful and offensive rackets. Control is good althought it took me sometimes to get use to the racket. I'm using the BR3000 SL (Stiff Long) and RL (Regular Long) models. They are stringed with Ashaway Titanium strings at 24lbs. Played 6 games recently with these rackets. So far, it had been getting better.

Haven't try the BR5000 models yet but I believe they should be better, being the top of the range.