Gosen Fan Club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mikomi, Apr 10, 2016.

1. BennDaVinci

BennDaVinci Regular Member

So? What are your thoughts on the racquet?

2. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

Has anyone tried the new Gungnir rackets?

3. Tino

Tino Regular Member

For those wondering about the inferno plus, here's my observation:

Spec: 4uG5
    string: bg66 ultimax 27 pounds

Playstyle: Rear court doubles player

Playability is more of a nanoflare 800 for me. It's more of a playmaker racket as I wasn't able to consistently smash my opponents on one attack. Defense is as good as any jetspeed or nanoflare.

Net play was good, but not as sharp as my former thruster f.

My only concern is the grip size. This doesn't feel like a g5 to me, more of a g4 or even g3.

Overall, good racket for doubles play, but it'll not suited everyone.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Okaharu, michael5098 and Kunzite like this.
  4. Kunzite

Kunzite Regular Member

Anyone had a chance to use Gravitas 9.0 SX? I'm interested to see how it compares to the 8.0 SX before making a decision.

5. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

do not have a clue why it is even called gravitas :) it has way much bigger head than 8, kind of aero frame I believe, so totally different, not head heavy, way more to even balance and medium stiff, it seems to be like normal frame inferno.

Kunzite likes this.
  6. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

I wonder if the extra 5mm makes much difference at all because I felt the exact same way about the regular Inferno. Found it a harder to feel the flex compared to my Gungnir Beta even though the former is more flexible.

7. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

How do we optimize Gravitas 8.0 string tension ?
    I find that 8.0 plays better after string tension drop.
    It seems that 8.0 should not use the same tension for straight and cross strings.
    Should optimized tension be N/N+2 or N+2/N ?
    Should N be 2lbs lower than your regular tension ?

8. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

could we contribute that plays better after tension drops, to bigger sweet spot? since it really has the smallest head ever produced probably :) so yea potentially you could distribute it a bit differently if the head would be longer after stringing

9. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I think 2lbs lower is the best.
    However, I don't know yet whether to use N/N+2 or N+2/N for best performance.

10. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

I like head to be as wide as possible, so usually I do string the same tension, if you have couple of rackets string it differently and see

11. SarsiLemon

SarsiLemon New Member

Hello! Does anyone have any experience with the Gravitas 7.0? Hoping to get a review :)

12. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

Deciding if the Inferno Plus would be a good backup for the Nf800 but they only have g6 grip. Would a Gosen g6 grip be similar to a Yonex g5?

13. papersword

papersword Regular Member

I am currently using a 4U6G Inferno Plus which was bought from vsmash sports from Malaysia. The g6 grip felt similar to Yonex g6 in my opinion.

To me, the Inferno Plus doesnt have the solid feeling like a high end Yonex racket. It gave a hallow feel when I do clearing.

14. SarsiLemon

SarsiLemon New Member

Gosen seems to have relaunched its Gungnir range with the Gungnir 07r (Previously Alpha), Gungnir 08s (Previously Beta) and Gungnir 05a (Previously Epsilon).

I am very interested in the 07r, but am unsure if it plays the same as the old series or that it’s a completely new racket. Hoping someone here has tried the new racket and can share their experiences!

15. CanucksFan

CanucksFan Member

Is there anyone here who has used both the Inferno and Gravitas 8.5SX / 8.0SX, and would be able to offer a comparison?
    In particular, I'm wondering about speed through the air, and how head-heavy they feel.

The Gosen catalogue is making me pretty confused about the latter. They describe the Gravitas as being more head-heavy than the Inferno (rating it 6/7 vs 5/7) and as having a "top heavy 4U design", and on the racket matrix it's positioned as the most head-heavy racket in their lineup (even more head-heavy than the Inferno Ex) - but according to the specs table, the Gravitas 8.5SX balance point is only 290-295mm, compared to 295-300mm for the Inferno. Both are the same length (675mm) and overall weight (83.0g), so how is this possible?

Also, is there any difference between the 8.0SX and 8.5SX, other than paint job and handle (the specs appear to be identical)?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Khamenman, pootisfoib and yenyesoh like this.
  16. James.Foo

James.Foo Regular Member

Hi Guys, I'm currently looking for a replacement for my Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash TH Edition. Currently looking at Gosen Gravitas 9.0SX CL / Inferno EX.
    Any recommendations?

I primarily plays back doubles for smashes but also ply some occasional singles

17. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Hi, I owned the 9.0 CL, would like to let it go at RM 380.00, 1 paint chip.
    I also have the Gravitas 8.0, no paint chip.
    If you are interested, may WhatsApp me at 016-7205025

18. darel macatunao

darel macatunao Regular Member

Guys, is there a huge difference between the gosen inferno and inferno plus? I loved the inferno plus but can’t find it anywhere, the inferno on the other hand is available but I’m worried that they’re completely different feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Kevin Han

Kevin Han New Member

Heard some
    heard that the new Gungnir line is pretty good. Gungnir 08S seems to be the most popular with a stiff shaft but easy to use and have a good pop. The new Gungnir line has a wave pattern in the 3 and 9 oclock on the frame so more aerodynamic than the old Gungnir lines. Still it has the long 680mm shaft and hopefully I get to use the new ones.

20. MeoW

MeoW New Member

Is there a reason why they don't give the Gravitas line a more aerodynamic frame like the Gungnirs and Infernos? They are clearly marketed towards doubles players seeing how their sponsored players who use the Gravitas are all doubles players. It could match/surpass the JS10 with the Gravitas' already small face size and if they implement a new aero frame.

yenyesoh likes this.