Gosen Fan Club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mikomi, Apr 10, 2016.

1. andyang

andyang Regular Member

all right...thanks

2. andyang

andyang Regular Member

any idea what's the weight like for 3u 88s with string? cause i saw a video show 88s 3u weight was 91g ...

3. andyang

andyang Regular Member

F
    forget to ask about stiffness , 88s 3u or beta more stiff? Read before gosen racket is more stiff compare to yonez racket?

4. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Since your main racket is AX88D 3u, 8.0 can't achieve the same performance in power aspect.
    However, it can provide much better maneuverability & good enough power compared with AX88D 3u.
    If I were you, I would enjoy 8.0 very much and not playing with Yonex rackets anymore.

That's also what I am doing now. Yonex rackets no more.
    ( Unless Yonex has best performance again. They can if they want, I believe.)

boby likes this.
  5. boby

boby Regular Member

Interesting... regarding gravitas 8.0 is 4u weight, how bout comparation with vtzf2 4U?

Just order gravitas 8.0, let see the result. Will it kick out ax88d 4u from my bag. :)

#565 boby, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  6. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

In term of power, 8.0 is better than both 4u 88D & ZF2.
    It's as powerful as 3u 88D of the same swing weight.
    However, in most cases, 3u 88D has higher swing weight over 8.0.
    (8.0 : 86~88 / 88D : 88~91)

As to 4u 88D, I think that a different story. 4u 88D's advantage is about energy saving.
    That's not 8.0's strength. 8.0 is harder to play with, but gives you higher limit in return.

So, it's like something between 3u & 4u 88D.

Btw, if you are looking for something to totally replace 4u 88D, Victor ARS90K 3u is the way to go.
    It plays totally the same as 4u 88D, but with better power.

insanity, visor and boby like this.
  7. boby

boby Regular Member

Thats rite, ax88d 4u is good for overall performances, by the energy efficiency for long rallies. IME... it's a bit lack of power to do a fast kill/counter compare ax88d 3u and vtzf2 4u, but more energy drained in return. (Especially when playing 3hrs/sesion).

So, idk which racket will be replaced by gravitas 8.0. This my 1st non yonex racket (hope i got the highest swing weight). I thought, will be tough to compete with ax88d or vtzf2 4u, let's see the results.

Coz, It will crowd my HH rackets in my bag, and i should kick one out for sure, to make less confused when choose one racket on badminton court.

(I still keep my ax88s 3u, till i give up to tame this beast).

You're terrific man can surpass yonex doctrines, like yuta watanabe (with big $) did. :)

8. boby

boby Regular Member

My gosen gravitas 8.0 sx. Just arrived

Specifications:
    Total weight 86.0 gram (4u)
    Head weight 38.5 gram
    Shaft flex stiff
    Grip size g5
    * with bg66um, original grip and plastic.

1st impression for this racket should be comparable with vtzf2 4U rather than ax88d.
    1. frame size & shape similar but thicker.
    2. Shaft longer with shorter grip.
    3. Shaft diameters thicker.
    4. Shaft stiffness similar.
    5. Total weight similar but less head weights.
    6. Finishing quality similar.

I feel this racket so similar side by side in hands with vtzf2 4u, it could be faster with less power , by swing impression. But, let see the actual power and playability after play on courts, I hope to be surprised. :)

20191003_212231_compress1.jpg

yenyesoh and visor like this.
  9. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

9.0 Review Please, Anyone.

10. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

it is not available in europe, even on gosen sites it is a bit difficult to find...
    but seems to have aero frame, and head size not so micro - definitely more than 51 square inches,
    I think they a bit overdid with 8.0 :)

11. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

For what I know, 9.0 has normal sized frame & 4u weight.
    Swing weight is only 80~83.
    According to other users, it's extreme accurate.

Don't know about power & energy consumption department.

Kunzite likes this.
  12. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    hopefully u can get it soon and give it a try. I enjoy reading every review you have posted.

13. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Thanks, but I am not going to buy it without further information.
    9.0 will be quick and accurate for sure, but I doubt if it can be good enough at rear court.
    It feels good in hand, but I don’t have confidences.

14. boby

boby Regular Member

Gravitas 8.0 sx, bg66um 26lbs. Put cushion wrap with ac102ex. (Total weight become 83.5 gram)

The power is more than enough, especially when hit the sweet spot (i feel the location a bit higher and smaller than vtzf2).

The maneuverability for defense and netting is awesome. With special bonus of accuracy to pin point the target is enjoyable.

Like other ppl said, demanding lots of precision shots is the weakness of this racket especially when tired and play fast pace of double game.

Yes, it's harder to play but the other advantages make it more fun than ax88d 4u and could be as powerful as vtzf2 4u if only adapted the sweet spot.

I need more time to bonding with this cute demon. After one session, i consider to replace ax88d 4u, and gravitas 8.0 sx will compete with vtzf2 4u. Lets see after the honeymoon period ends.

Thanks foo.tw to introduce this racket.

15. huynhvinhthang

huynhvinhthang Regular Member

You have lots of knowledge about rackets.
    I have Gravitas 8.0 too. I think this is an advanced racket and very unforgiving. In a good day, when I am well rested and have the mental focus to concentrate on my technique, this racket is amazing. However, often, I find my Ax99 and Ax88D (3u) are much more forgiving and easy access to power. I think if I were an advanced player, I would definitely prefer 8.0, but with my skill, I usually start a session with 8.0 and if I can't seem to do well, I would change to Ax99 or 88D.

There are multiple things that makes this racket difficult. It much stiffer than 99 or 88D, smaller frame size. These 2 factors alone contributes most to its unforgiving nature. Moreover, there is a limit to my swing speed, so more maneuverable rackets doesn't increase my swing speed that much, so I tend to do better with more head heavy rackets like 88D 3u and 99.

However, when I do well, 8.0 offers unparallel pinpoint accuracy and maneuverability.

yenyesoh, Martynas and boby like this.
  16. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

and if to add, it is really no the best idea to do practice session with multi shuttle drills (for example around 400 shots in one hour), gravitas 8.0 is way too demanding for that, you will need quite a lot of time to recover

17. boby

boby Regular Member

After 4 sesion and still counting on, only use gravitas 8.0 sx. I don't feel the urges to alternated the racket like before, when feel tired after play aggressively (any ax88 3u) alternate to a better energy saving racket without sacrifice much power (vtzf2 4U), or even alternated to another racket for playing fun (ax88d 4u).

IME... it's described, "how to be wise to use energies?", With bring the enjoyment of control playing by produce a great quality placement shot, and have more than enough power kill to use promptly. rather than rely on all-time aggressive rage to perform the full potensial power (exhausted as payoff).

i like it and this is what i looking for an upgrade of Vtzf2 4u, the maneuverability and control booster with almost same power. Awesome

when you said that, i order it.
    Foo.tw you are my racket guru.... thanks.

#577 boby, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    huynhvinhthang likes this.
  18. huynhvinhthang

Hehe :) I produced so many hairpin netshots with this Gravitas 8.0 racket today. I thought the spirit of Momota visited my body.

boby likes this.
  19. Benza

Benza Regular Member

whats the difference with inferno and gravitas? would like to try one. my main racquet is the astrox 99 4u.

20. huynhvinhthang

Inferno is for general public, gravitas is for players with better technique. 99 4u is already a very good racket.