Good Stores in Vancouver, B.C.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Martin Ellis-White, Jul 16, 2001.

1. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

I got my racket strung today at ACS, my first time there. Was looking for a place closer to burnaby than Tads.

Ill report on the stringing job after my saturday sesh, but the staff offer good custmoer service, i LOVE their racket demo program, ( 2 racket for 7days for $15, which is taken off your racket purchase once you decide)

they currently have BUY ONE GET 50% OFF fyi, so if youre in a vulnerable spending state like me this is your calling

2. eckonovember

eckonovember Regular Member

Topline is my go-to shop as well. If you have any questions about gear don't hesitate to call Linus and ask. This is the type of shop that you can visit anytime, look around, and not feel awkward since they're so friendly. I have Linus stringing my rackets and he lets you know exactly how he does it, that way you know what to ask for from another stringer if need be. He also asks about your preferences so he knows what you're looking for.

I feel that Yumo's only competitive advantage is that they are in Richmond... but I'd rather drive out to Topline. Yumo has a weird set-up since half of the space is an office...It's like they wanted to maximize the space so they threw some badminton gear in the other half. ACS is a little too far for me to be visiting on a regular basis (Currently messing around with Zymax string so re-stringing every 1-1.5 weeks)

3. rackets&paddles

rackets&paddles New Member

badminton coach, racket and paddle rep
    German racket company

The brand is OLIVER they are a German company that have extremely good quality racket at below average prices. here's the website I go to, they are located in north Vancouver racketsandpaddles.com

there is also a guy that goes to the community centers on the north shore and has demos for you to try his email is charlesneufeldt@gmail.com

White;39167]What are some of the better stores for badminton equipment? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

4. Lee Yo

Lee Yo New Member

Hey Martin,

If you have a chance you can go to 41&main street, there is a store called Topline Sports. Or if you live in Richmond, you can go RichmondPro, Topline has a store there as well. You can google the exact address. www.toplinesports.ca. Awesome stuff.