Going back to lessons

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by bd newb, May 10, 2006.

1. bd newb

bd newb Regular Member

About half a year ago i stopped training at C1 for school reasons, now for summer i want to go back.. at first Darryl(head coach) wanted me to go down to the intermediate teens level to regain some of my confidence and work on my grip (cause i overuse the slice grip) ..
    The question is, if I return for lessons in the summer, should I return to the intermediate lessons that darryl advised me to go to, or ask if i should be put back up to advance.. I kind of felt the intermediate was getting frustrating and annoing cause I would win more( it did raise my confidence) but some of the people were really not into the game were just playing around ( really was a major turn off) anyways this summer i'm planning to return to C1 for lessons i just want to know if i should go back to advance or intermediate?

advice would be greatly appreciated thx

2. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

If intermediate players are boring then you need to go up to advanced....Besides, you only really get better playing against better players....;)

3. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    You're paying for the lessons. If you feel that you're not getting enough badminton education for the money, then pay for the advance level, and train at that level.

-dave

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think you should raise the issue with the head coach. IF you have problems with the grip technique, maybe you should work on that first. If you try to do that at advanced level, you might actually be playing worse (because you are concentrating on other things). Your shot execution might be poor with the over slice and then the others in the advanced group are not getting their training!!!!

Another alternative is to pay for private lessons (maybe share with somebody). Do it twice a week for 4 weeks and ask if this would be a 'fast track' way into getting to the advanced class.

5. liyux2

liyux2 Regular Member

Student
    im in intermediate wanting to go advance ( since i owned the inter player already) isn't up to the coach to put u in wat class? lol if u get in advance i think i'll talk to them too hahha after we are the 1 paying right? btw advance is 1.5hr inter is 1 hour.... if u travel far to get there advance way better....+ advance there is warm up time inter they dont' let u

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    liyux2, your post is incomprehensible.

7. aL_vin

aL_vin Regular Member

It's up to coaches' choice where you are put, whether beginner, intermediate, or advanced. If it wasn't, wouldn't everyone be in Advanced, or High Performance, and Elite, etc.

There are rules to abide by, just because you're paying for the lessons, doesn't mean you can go to whatever class you want.

I suggest you just work hard and try your best, and work on some of your weaker points.

8. liyux2

liyux2 Regular Member

Student
    sorry used too much slang... anyways going to advance now... but the problem is dunno if they have a class in advance....