Goh Jin Wei

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by bengyeam, Jun 14, 2015.

1. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    U know sometimes when u are young and upcoming, coming from creating "her stories" for your nation, getting used to the jet lag, playing a veteran with home support, and despite of all the odds u know there are peepz back there miles away expecting a lot from you and considering u as the fav! It's a whole diff scenario, which can only be overcome after several several tourneys in the Se circuit also it's her transition period! Much like puberty in the human cycle! I hope she doesn't make the mistake second time in a row, and infact I am expecting a stellar streak of wins

blabl and SibugiChai like this.
  2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

congrats to GJW for winning Orleans International title...

3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

there you go . i thought its really important that she beat her vanquisher..and she did.... this will go far in increasing her confidence and temperament

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Goh Jin Wei I think must be so happy that her country gave her so many chances to play in senior tournaments at such a tender young age. Wow once again she has proven that she can do it by pocketing another Ws title Orleans Open. Congratulations girl. I believe that you can go far.

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i just thinking whether Goh Jin Wei still have to study for her secondary school while she can go compete any tournament around the world...

6. kctho

kctho Regular Member

7. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    In one of her interview on badminton unlimited she reportedly stated that she love studying and she would juggle and manage both as far as it is possible!

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Did it! But she seems to be unrivalled anyway :)

9. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

hope she can do it like how the NBA players do, get scholarships, get degrees and get to play NBA career...

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Exactly

11. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

The enthusiasm in her and her love for badminton is so great. Ex- Chung Ling student in Butterworth. I heard story of how she, at a very young age has showed talent and even cried for more badminton game when training session finished because she felt she couldn't get enough of it.

12. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

watching her play Carolina Marin was awesome... She probably does not have the full meaning of playing a 2x world champion and she probably dont care.. and Carolina Marin probably didnt realize what hit her until the third set....

13. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Carolina stretched by 16 yrs old to rubber set.. awesome!! I hope there is a video of it somewhere on Internet. I wonder what grunting and screaming Carolina had to make to pull that one through :D

14. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

lcw should train goh!!!

15. kctho

kctho Regular Member

Thanks guys and gals for voting. one more accolade to this young talent.

Attached Files:

16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Not sure if your guys read some news recently, some quarters suggest sending GohJW to Rio instead of the higher ranked TeeJY.

Based on my observation on current form Goh should has no problem beating Tee and some more Goh is much younger thus much room for improvement and many more Olympic games ahead of her.

Although I am a supporter of Goh, I feel bad for Tee as she has worked so hard to qualify for OG16 and if the spot is not given to her, I really feel bad for her, although I don’t think Tee & GOH can win any medal in Rio 2016.

My head is for Goh but my Heart is for TEE…

ants likes this.
  17. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

Didn't Goh beat Tee for the first time in a national circuit competition recently? Anyway, the nice thing to do would be to send the higher ranked player (Tee) to the olympics, but what would they get out of that? Wouldn't it be more fruitful to send the much more promising youngster to gain experience instead of the player who has shown potential for so long but never converted it into victories?

If they were to send GJW, it might motivate TJY to work even harder, but she might also get discouraged and feel all work she's done is for nothing. High risk high reward in some sense.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    TJY had her chances and has no room for improvement. Her body language and the absence of a positive attitude during games are not encouraging.

I vote for GJW.

19. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Olympic selection should be based on merit. All recent competition achievement and record of win-loss is biased towards selecting GJW.

Some will see it cruel to bypass a higher ranking player, but we all know TJY has higher rank because she played more tournaments than GJW but mostly only to drop out in the early rounds. There is no more fire in TJY games.

BAM should send the best hope if not then the best future potential.

20. wanttoplaydaily

wanttoplaydaily Regular Member

Amazing 15 years old player

ants likes this.