Goh Jin Wei

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by bengyeam, Jun 14, 2015.

1. FeatherDance

FeatherDance Regular Member

I love her attitude. Always refusing to let success get to her and keeping a clear head. Keep it up!

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

she need to get taller, too short then very hard to retrieve the shuttle at the sideline...

3. FeatherDance

Girls growth stops soon right? Only boys continue after this age :(

4. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

if start 1st period too early in age of 10-11, will stop growth in age of 16-17...

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay for all the Malaysians out there good news have arrived. Goh Jin Wei Won the Belgian international challenge gold medal. After that she got the bronze medal for Polish international series losing to Ho Yen Mei another Malaysian WS in the semi finals. In the Polish international series Ho Yen Mei won the gold medal, Lim Yin Fun silver medal and Goh Jin Wei bronze medal.

This week in the Vietnam Open, Goh Jin Wei won against a higher ranked Indonesia WS today and she will be playing in the finals tomorrow. Anyway she stands a high chance to win the gold medals tomorrow. Congratulations to this young little girl of 15 years old. Bright prospect here.

6. tayarpancit

tayarpancit Regular Member

goh jin wei won Vietnam International Series 2015 today.. wow :eek:

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    She ranked World No.6 in World Junior ranking..wow:eek:

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

But then for me she is truly the world ranking no 1. This year she missed so many junior tournaments to play in senior tournaments. Senior tournaments that she has participated does not contribute to her junior world ranking. Indeed she is a very talented player. At such a young age 15 years old she can still win gold medals when she participated in senior tournaments. Congratulations to this girl. She really has a bright prospect. She is indeed a rare gem.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Congratulations Goh Jin Wei for winning another gold medal in Vietnam international Open. Good luck to you and hope you can win more gold medals. Keep up the good work and all the best.

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Goh Jin Wei's world ranking will be improved to Top 150 (currently no.183)...

will she make it into top 100 by end of this year?

11. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

she only have 4 tournaments, so by just participating will easily make her top 100

12. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Jin Wei got her revenge on Su-yu in Vietnam International

BY RAJES PAUL

The win in Vietnam is Jin Wei's second international title within a month after the Belgium International Challenge last month.
    The win in Vietnam is Jin Wei's second international title within a month after the Belgium International Challenge last month.

KUALA LUMPUR: What a sweet revenge it was for youngster Goh Jin Wei.

The 15-year-old Jin Wei turned the tables on Chen Su-yu of Taiwan with a sensational 21-9, 21-13 win in just 27 minutes to lift the women’s singles title at the Vietnam International Series in Danang on Sunday.

In January, Jin Wei met the 18-year-old Taiwanese in the semi-finals of the Thailand Junior International in Bangkok and was beaten in straight games.

“It is nice to get my revenge in a senior tournament,” said a beaming Jin Wei.

“I knew her style of play and I was prepared. She was in a hurry to end the game and made many simple mistakes.

“I love challenges. If I lose to a player, I make it a point to do all I can to get back at them. So I am quite happy with this win today.”

It was Jin Wei’s second international title within a month. She made her first breakthrough in the senior ranks when she won the Belgium International Challenge last month.

“I have won two titles in a month. It is beyond my own expectations,” she said.

Jin Wei will now devote her full attention on the World Junior Championships in Peru from Nov 4-15.

Based on her consistent performances so far, she has raised hopes of becoming Malaysia’s first-ever world junior champion in the girls’ singles event.

But Jin Wei is not counting the chickens yet.

“There are many good players from other countries like China, South Korea and Japan. I have to see the draw first,” said Jin Wei.

One of her main challengers will be Asian junior champion He Bingjiao of China. Jin Wei lost to Bingjiao in the semi-finals of the Asian Junior Championships in Bangkok in July.

Tan Kian Meng-Peck Yen Wei failed to join Jin Wei in the winners’ circle on Sunday when they lost 13-21, 21-19, 17-21 to Indonesians Rian Swasteadian-Masita Mahmudin in the mixed doubles final.

Kian Meng rued his chance of winning his first career senior title.

“Yen Wei and I played well. We had the right game plan but we became too excited in the rubber and made mistakes. We will be better next time,” said Kian Meng.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2015/10/04/Goh-Jin-Wei-wins-Vietnam-International/

13. FeatherDance

Any links to watching the game? I can't find them anywhere

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

there is no video for this tournament as this no show live telecast...

15. FeatherDance

Ah too bad, enjoyed watching that game against Kristy Gilmour.

16. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

should get LCW to spar with Goh Jin Wei

17. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

I dont understand, goh jin wei is not in the entry list for Malaysia ic

18. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i like this idea

19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

when LCW finally retire, hope he can be coach to train Goh Jin Wei as his apprentice and to make her as LCW's wife WMC successor...

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I won't be surprised once LCW retires, MAS badminton will mostly be about Goh Jin Wei.