Give me a tips to improve my badminton skill ^_^ i need to improve my skills.. i wanna be stronger.

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by ralph tan, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ralph tan

ralph tan New Member

i'm weak in defense hahaha. please give me some tips.. nagsimula ako maglaro ng badminton is nung hight school pa. and now.. isa ako sa mga varsity ng badminton sa maritime school.. but when i saw there skills playing badminton.. i felt.. my skills is not enough.. i need to prove more and more.. so please.. help me. give me a tips..

2. mrksleepyhead

mrksleepyhead Regular Member

you said you're a varsity so i think your coach is the one you need to talk to about improving your skills

3. ralph tan

ralph tan New Member

yes you have a point but.. my coach is too busy for my team mates.. because they'll join in a tournament..

mrksleepyhead likes this.
  4. druss

druss Regular Member

There are a ton of training videos on youtube that you can watch. Typically speaking, especially in the young, people focus too much on shots and not enough on footwork. You can practice those smashes, drives, netshots all you want to but if you can't get to the shuttle in time then the shot practice becomes useless unless your opponent is bad enough to keep setting you up. Footwork is also the easiest thing to work on by yourself, all you need is some space and some tape to mark out the court lines. Reaction time, speed, smooth movement... the reason the pros make it look so easy is because they anticipate, react instantly and get to the shuttle with plenty of time to make the shot they want to make, not the one they are forced to make.

ralph tan likes this.
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Train more, play more and read badmintoncentral.

ralph tan likes this.
  6. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

training videos on youtube are quite... outdated. especially the ones with lee jae bok (coaching badminton). you can try to mimic some of the pros but your coach and training partners are essential if you want to improve seriously.

ralph tan likes this.
  7. ralph tan

ralph tan New Member

thank you so much for advise..

8. ralph tan

ralph tan New Member

yes you're right thank you..