Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Relax, dude. You really can't compare someone's behavior in a public competition with someone else's behavior at home. Added to that, I don't think the nationality of your neighbours plays a role here...? Every nationality has nice people and....others, and I think you're letting your anger after a loud night getting the better of you here. You also don't know how Kevin behaves at home, so maybe you really really don't want him as a neighbour (I heard KKK likes his parties, for example), or maybe he's a model citizen, who knows...all we can judge is his behavior in public, and since it's a badminton forum, his behavior on the court is of even more interest to most users on here.

Anyhow, get some sleep, calm down, and have a nice day :)

2. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Very balanced and refreshing post J4ckie.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Minions got very difficult draw. I dont think they can win it with this kind of draw.

I think thats what being WR1 about, you dont get a good draw. At least they are WR, because they won a lot of titles and not lose in Finals/Semis and such.

They need to take something from Kido/Hendra AG2010 performance in which they won all their matches in Rubbers and Dramatic fashion. I dont know why HS can always win these kinds of matches. AG2014 as well in which they were confronted by 2 KoreanPairs in Korea. Just amazing.

Sometimes we just accept it that 1st seed is not mean to win this tournament. In fact Koo/TBH won it in 2006 when they were not top 8 Seeds by beating 1st seed Cai/Fu ( then it used 8 seeds, now only 4 so that was amazing achievement)

4. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

let's just hope that Minions will prove your theories wrong ;)

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Easier said than done. You have no idea how loud they could be even without the parties. My next door just moved in last weekend, and now, to make thing worse, my dog has been barking at the slightest noise or voice all day and all night since then:(

Anyway, I suppose I am the odd one who is more interested in off court especially daily life manner and class. So watching the bench players were quite interesting. And when Zhang Nan and Liu Cheng won the last point of the match, Kevin was the only one in INA bench who looked up smiling in full respect and admiration at ZN when the latter celebrated and walked to the net while the other INA players groaned in disappointment.

Really hope Kevin could learn a lot from Zhang Nan.

#1525 yuquall, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Of course he is happy. It doesnt really matter cause he is the only one that can beat the Chinese players . Only that image matters. Actually that makes him shines more for businesses and fame.

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

That wasn't my point...

8. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

I doubt he's gonna change unless the umpire being more strict towards him, in sf he confront kamura in front of the net at 2-2 and the referee didn't even warn him or something.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You are confused and unwisely letting your neighbour get under your skin, mixing up two unrelated issues. Be kind to yourself, why expose and reveal so much of your inner thoughts here in a fit of pique ? What for, over Kevin's unpalatable behaviour ?

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah.. sorry.

You would have to if you had your next door talking and laughing all night as if they were in the same room. The thought of that I have to endure my neighbor for years to come is just too overwhelming compared to having to endure Kevin's on court behavior for less than an hour once or twice a month. :(:(

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well thats my point. If i am Kevin and the only that can beat chinese players , of course i feel happy and proud and i still win the most titles from those around. Rather than people hiding behind the team and proclaims thats their title lol.

Also on Kevins naught, i think girls like it too. Quiet and nice guy like Hendra gets bullied by LiLiu. what is the point? Your team already leading and still shouting like m*d.

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't think Kevin was happy missing the chance to win team's gold.

Girls might like Kevin, but I think in the end girls or women would most probably queuing up for Hendra as their choice of a husband. :D

13. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

Kevin’s latest act caused quite some backlash from Chinese news outlets. I think Chinese usually respect/admire talented badminton players from other countries. Kevin still has a lot of Chinese fans but he is walking a fine line here. I hope he has results to back him up.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

That's funny. I thought they had always hated Kevin for almost always mocking and defeating their players all this time.

15. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

On Chinese forums they fancy him like everywhere else. You will see the same arguments made FOR him regarding his antics. Sure there are haters, too.

Not to speak for all Chinese fans, but I think the only player Chinese universally dislike is Marin. I think Marin comes as annoying. Kevin is annoying too, but in a more entertaining way.

16. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    Why do they dislike Marin? I have witnessed on the bwf Facebook posts.

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Nah, Kevin is more famous than Hendra. Of course, its luck Kevin born in Indonesia. Chinese Player that is famous only LinDan & ChenLong. Others nobody care.

18. sen

sen Regular Member

While I don't think Kevin is "bad" boy, outside of his short-tempered manner in the court, I think his "behaviour" could be his weakness in the future.

Zidane lost his temper and he was given red card(even though he said Materazzi provoked him by saying something).

So I guess some of Kevin opponent will try to insult him and the way he revenges could mean he will be the one who get the punishment by bwf. I hope we will not see this in future.

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

It's gonna happen sooner or later, like Marin when she got 2 red cards at the German Open and started to cry...

Umpires need to get their priorities right. On the one hand they are tolerating these antics from Kevin and time wasting from other players while on the other hand they are furious when someone wants the court mopped properly. :rolleyes:

LjS4 likes this.
  20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

hilarious :D