Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Though the virus is not as deadly as any other viruses (Ebola or HIV per say) but seems like that many still underestimate the virus regardless. The problem with this virus is if you don't contain it under control it could overwhelm the medical provider and that's when the virus could take many more lives, not just the old. We still have no idea of what this virus could do as it might cause death, or permanent damage to internal organs or many other side effects. As far as the economy concerns, this virus is very deadly.

I wonder when will the travel ban in many countries be lifted?

Ballschubser and LenaicM like this.
  2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Not a perfect thread to discuss about whether covid is deadly or not. But as you've written things. I think you're underestimating this virus and more so offending those families who have lost their loves ones. Such a pinching post of yours. Just because young people are not dying (btw they are dying but compared to older people, they are very small in number), does it mean lives of old people or people having low immunity system doesn't hold value ? The fear fuelled by media ? Fear is due to the deadly impact of virus. You should have deleted the post right away. Such a bs post. It doesn't require too much to be considerate, just so you know.

3. sen

sen Regular Member

Sorry, I am not going to to remove my post because I stated facts.

You can check how many people born every year in whatever country and how many people died every year in that country.

Yes, we should be wary but no we should not overworried about one disease and not care about other diseases or other ways people die.

So I am not saying that we should not be afraid but I am saying that we have been way too mislead by media-driven fear. Since media nowadays depend on earnings from such thing.

Premier League has started, Italian Serie A has started. All those have started because they can get a lot of sponsor from broadcasting rights.
    Unfortunately for badminton( and more so for the players, I am not talking about top players, they can survive not playing for a while, and some other people whose earnings depend on that too), not that much sponsorship money can be gained.

And for the medical people who are in danger, yes I agree, that is the argument but you have to dig more facts to know that kind of danger can be lessened by some other more effective way(that does not require some less effective way) and not just listen to the media or the government.

As for the values of lives of people who have died from the disease, well, if you are old and suffering from some disease, maybe you will have different life view. But some very rich people may not understand that because I often encounter some very old people who wanted euthanesia but their relatives have different view.

For the young people, there are young people who have heart disease and other disease too so does not mean that I don't value their lives. I just view that when it is fate, it is fate. When you are young but having sickness that usually old people have, well in Indonesia, we say "nasib" (like Jung Jae Sung.)

#6263 sen, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  4. sen

sen Regular Member

And talking about valuing lives :
    Very few media has reported sales of guns went up in the past few months, number of divorces went up, number of domestic violence went up. And a lot of those children (and some wives), they don't go to hospital for treatment because of fear of covid.

And all these can be lessened by what ? By media telling the news in more fair and balanced way. Not just the fear that they have to state.

5. sen

sen Regular Member

Not comparable to compare it to Ebola or HIV, why not do research on Polio before there was vaccine and how the people and government handled the disease

Is Polio worse than Covid ? More deadly ? More contagious ? and even those who survive some are disabled ?

6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

o_O "The virus is not deadly, just contagious [...]" o_O

623 000 deaths as of today. And counting. Also we have no ideas of the real impact the virus will have years or decade from now on people who got infected with it neither if it will evolve or not.

I understand and rejoin you on the media part. But careful what you say, because most of your content written here aren't any facts but merely your opinion. That's ok but it's no fact.

Because for you covid is a "natural disease" and since Thanos :rolleyes: would not be too bothered by it according to you, it doesn't mean it's not serious and not deadly for others. Sure it kills more elderlies and people with pre existing conditions but not only and even so! Most of these people would have lived years or even decades longer. To post thay covid is not deadly is just outrageous. Other disease exists I agree but it's not up to comparison. It's just like people saying all lives matters regarding the Black lives matter issue.

Medias are capitalising on the fear of the society I agree. Some medias ad politicians are using it to favour their agenda I agree. But since it's a global pandemic, let's please not state wrong facts at least. The virus is deadly and your personal view on fate is entitled to yourself and only yourself. Not something I would consider appropriate for a badminton forum and even less the thread. You might want to consider reading yourself again and see how your posts come across. Thanos might disaprove.

Ballschubser and Baddie lover like this.
  7. sen

sen Regular Member

Can you please state the facts that I wrote wrongly ?

97% recover without any cure found yet. --> Facts. I took conservative figure
    More people born than die ---> Facts.
    Most government handled wrongly --> Facts but most of them would not admit their mistakes

I am not underestimating the virus. I even already put on masks before like Singapore or some other government said put on masks.
    I know what is the more effective way because I have relatives who are medical and practicing doctors. Not doctors who only do research.

8. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

"The virus is not deadly, just contagious [...]".

You lost a lot of us there. And I won't engage any further regarding this matter on this thread.

Baddie lover likes this.
  9. sen

sen Regular Member

Ok. I admit that. I should not use the word "not". Yes, after reading it again, it sounded different than what I wrote after that.

But the facts are still
    https://www.britannica.com/event/1968-flu-pandemic
    https://www.britannica.com/event/1957-flu-pandemic

Less death than those 2 pandemic. More noise from the media than those 2. No Olympic postponement
    Does not mean that I disagree with Tokyo 2020 postponement. I think they were right to postpone it.
    But I was reading the posts earlier about the doubtfulness of Olympic next year and after that then I wrote that post.
    I still think the virus would still be around next year but Olympic will still go ahead.
    The only thing that may cancel Olympic is if war breakout

I tried to always show the connection to badminton, Olympics so this is not off topic

#6269 sen, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    LenaicM likes this.
  10. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
  11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Video about Kevin's and his club PB Djarum, the facility and how they groom their young athletes. With English caption, fortunately.

LenaicM and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  13. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Kevin Sanjaya's absolute peak was early 2017.
    All England, India, Malaysia Open.

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Didnt they win early 2018, i remembered INA masters is like 4th in a row.. and they won AE and India so its like 5 or 6th titles in a row.

Too many peak to talk about. Even last year from ChinaOpen or Japan. If EndoW didnt stop them in HK & GZ, all the titles will have been swept by them and we are just talking titles. SF result in GZ and F in AE still very good results.

15. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    2017 -2019 is prime Gideon/Sukamuljo as a pair. They were so dominant on all tournaments, except maybe WC.

But IMO, that was not Sukamuljo's peak yet as a player. He is still young now, and he can still play his style (fast, aggressive) for maybe another 2-3 years. And add a couple tricks to his arsenal along the way as he mature, we may have an even better player.

Though, I'm pretty sure Gideon is no longer in his prime now. Let's hope he will be in good condition next year.

16. Nine Tailed Fox

Yep , they were winning in 2018 too.

But early 2017 Sukamuljo had an aura completely different to the other three players on the court.

I happened to watch him live at the India Open 2017 and he was basically untouchable at that point.

He became little less potent from Singapore Open onwards.

#6276 Nine Tailed Fox, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  17. Nine Tailed Fox

Watch this.

This was Sukamuljo at his extreme speed.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Gideon just need to be as good as Ahsan for few more years . To keep winning title is a different matter, probably need luck. It was lucky to beat EllisLang in R1 after MP down. However , its not really good luck after being 19-18 up in AE. so give and take.

As long as they are WR1, im happy. They are already the longest WR1.., not much left to prove other than OG. and there will be no OG anyway so just enjoy their performance and Kevin geniusity.

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

in 2017 Kevin is not so fit imo. He is much more muscular and fitter now. Many times Gideon bail him out include the MalaysiaOpen at Kuching where i saw them live. many times he look tired especially that Final match against FuZheng. But its probably because they won the Final the week before, not sure to playing 10matches in 2 weeks. and then the next week they were in SGO, they were beaten by BoeMo no gas left in the tank imo.

By the time its 2018 i think Kevin is better than Gideon.. especially that AsianGames Final, feel Gideon is under so pressure.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Depends on what you see as "peak". Not so sure if we have seen his peak yet. For now he is definitely the player that is considered hard to beat, making all opponents to resort on targeting Marcus instead as a game plan.

Though I somehow feel that he has at least slowed down a bit to spare Marcus in the past 2 years.