Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Coach Herry needs to be sacked. Dota beats Marvin and Sandra. Not at all good :(

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

This is the only part that I could catch (the first minute) :
    Marcus : "My legs seemed to lag, didn't they? Yours seemed to be flexible."
    Kevin: "Bengong, bengong" :D Guys help me with this, what does it mean? "Dumbfounded?"
    Marcus : "oh yeah?"
    Kevin: "You can't see it when I was at the back, especially when I was at the back, you were just standing like this, static."
    Marcus: "Yeah, I didn't do any stance, did I?"
    Kevin: "yeaah so when the shuttle comes to you, you automatically....." after this it was inaudible to me.

Biglever, ma.ria, ebcd and 2 others like this.
  3. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Thanks man that’s interesting

yuquall likes this.
  4. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Haha yes, we can have a constant coach sacking party like in soccer

Baddie lover likes this.
  5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

So much to discuss about, when its all down to luck. Had it at 19-18 and Endo or Yuta that lob the serve wide had been 20-18. Just 2 points win and loss folks..

Still, the weird thing is no one discusses in YutaWatanabe thread, isnt him a star? 3 AE final? not exciting enough? anti badminton? only 1 page thats shocking..

Honestly, if im Kevin i'd be proud many are talking about me. hell no one even talks about Praveen winning. lol. then Imagine if its Kevin & Praveen won, who will get the spotlight...

#6065 Yoji, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Evaluation from Coach Herry regarding Indonesia MD.
    He praised Watanabe performance in AE especially in the final.

https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/9065

Q : What do you think regarding the result that Kevin/Marcus has achieved in All England 2020?

A : I think they had given it all yesterday. There was a luck factor too, and at the last points they were a bit impatient and a bit less calm. Especially Kevin was too hasty at the front. But in my opinion, out of 6 matches against this JPN pair (Endo/Wata), even though they kept losing, but the final yesterday was the most maximum. It was very close and actually with the most chance for them to win the match.

Q: Kevin/Marcus had to lose the first game, then they were leading in the crucial stage but had to lose in the end. What really happened on court?

A : In the beginning Kevin/Gideon was always too eager to keep attacking hard when the opponents had solid defense. And in the first game, the shuttle was a bit slow too. So it was much easier for the defender than the attacker. Because the shuttle halted a little. So the strategy in G1 was not that successful.

If we looked at Watanabe's performance yesterday and during AE, it was really good. He rarely made mistakes. If we want to score points from then, the percentage is higher to kill more than waiting for them to die. Especially Watanabe. Endo still made mistakes. So Watanabe was the star of the match yesterday. Indeed the motor of this pair is on Watanabe. He can cover all court. His shots are also difficult too, he defends with interest when attacked. Their performance (Endo/Wata) in this AE is pretty well and pretty good, especially Watanabe.

Q : Hendra/Ahsan lost to Endo/Watanabe too. What's the evaluation from this?

A : As for Ahsan/Hendra, it was a bit different, in my opinion. Because Ahsan/Hendra had to keep playing Japanese pairs since R1, all tight games and rubber until they faced Endo/Watanabe on the third match. If you want to play Endo/Watanabe our physical have to be really fresh. Because as I said before, if you want to get points from them we have to kill. What does to kill mean? Wel, yeah we have to attack. There is no getting free points, waiting for their mistakes. So really we have to kill, that's why stamina and physical have to be fresh and we can't be loose.

Q : Fajar/Rian's result had to drop. Last year they reached the semifinal, but they lost in R2 this year. What's your evaluation for them?

A : If you compare it to last year's result, yes it is different. Last year they were in semifinal this year they were in R2. Besides that, the English pair was quite good. They played in their home soil, had good defense, and not that easy to penetrate. Meanwhile unfortunately Fajar/Rian under performed at that time. Back then, there was a problem with Rian's legs so his speed went down a bit. On top of that, in my opinion, Fajar made too many unnecessary mistakes. Overall, their performance could be said to had gone down in AE this year.

Q : Ade/Wahyu seemed to play convincingly by stealing a game from Li Jun Hui/Liu Yu Chen, but they lost with a pretty big gap in the decider. What are their obstacles on court?

A: In my opinion, they didn't really lose in technicality. It was just their mental have ups and downs. It can be good sometimes, it can drop sometimes. This will be their homework and evaluation for themselves. I think their chances are quite many and quite good. PBSI and I have given them chances to participate in many tournaments. But their result is not satisfactory. This is related to their own individuals factor. They have to evaluate from their owns elves as far as how their daily life look like.

[​IMG]
    (All England Open 2020) Herry IP Jabarkan Evaluasi Untuk Ganda Putra
    (Birmingham, 16/3/2020)

Sektor ganda putra belum berhasil mendulang gelar pada kejuaraan All England Open 2020. Capaian terbaik diraih oleh Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon sebagai runner up. Juara bertahan Hendra Setiawan/Mohammad Ahsan juga harus terhenti di babak perempat final. Sementara Fajar Alfian/Muhammad Rian Ardianto dan Ade Yusuf/Wahyu Nayaka Arya Pankaryanira masing-masing terhenti di babak dua dan babak pertama.

Pelatih ganda putra, Herry Iman Pierngadi pun menjabarkan evaluasi terhadap masing-masing pasangan. Berikut kutipan wawancara Badmintonindonesia.org dengan Herry:

Q: Bagaimana tanggapan Anda terkait hasil yang diraih Kevin/Marcus pada All England 2020?

A: Menurut saya mereka sudah habis-habisan, sudah maksimal kemarin. Cuma ada unsur hokinya juga, kemudian pada poin-poin akhirnya agak kurang sabar, kurang tenang sedikit. Khususnya Kevin yang terlalu buru-buru di depan. Tapi menurut saya selama enam penampilan lawan Jepang (Hiroyuki Endo/Yuta Watanabe) ini, meski kalah terus, tapi saat final kemarin menurut saya ini yang paling maksimal. Paling mendekati dan memungkinkan untuk memenangkan pertandingan.

Q: Kevin/Marcus harus kehilangan game pertama, kemudian pada game ketiga sudah unggul di poin kritis, namun akhirnya harus kalah. Apa yang sebenarnya terjadi di lapangan?

A: Di awal Kevin/Gideon selalu bernafsu untuk menyerang keras terus. Padahal lawan kan defendnya kuat. Dan memang di lapangan pertama itu, posisinya jalan bolanya agak pelan. Jadi buat mereka yang defend jauh lebih mudah dibanding yang menyerang. Karena bolanya sedikit agak berhenti. Jadi strategi di game pertama kurang berhasil.

Kalau dilihat kemarin performa Watanabe selama All England memang bagus sekali. Jarang membuat kesalahan sendiri. Kalau mau dapat poin dari mereka itu, persentasenya kita harus lebih banyak membunuh dibanding menunggu mereka mati. Khususnya buat Watanabe. Kalau Endo masih banyak errornya. Jadi benar-benar memang Watanabe kemarin adalah bintangnya. Memang pasangan ini motornya menurut saya ada di Watanabe. Dia bisa cover semua lapangan. Bolanya juga sulit. Diserang juga bola kembaliannya menekan lagi. Memang penampilan mereka di All England ini cukup baik dan cukup bagus, khususnya Watanabe.

Q: Hendra/Ahsan juga kalah dari Endo/Watanabe. Apa Evaluasinya?

Kalau Ahsan/Hendra mungkin kasusnya agak berbeda menurut saya. Karena Ahsan/Hendra dari babak pertama mereka ketemunya Jepang terus, ketat terus dan juga rubber. Sampai pertandingan ketiganya mereka ketemu Endo/Watanabe. Memang kalau ketemu Endo/Watanabe kondisi fisik kita harus benar-benar fresh. Karena seperti yang saya bilang, kalau mau ambil poin dari mereka harus membunuh. Membunuh artinya apa? Ya kita harus menyerang. Nggak bisa kita dapat poin secara gratis, menunggu kesalahan mereka. Jadi benar-benar harus membunuh, makanya tenaga dan fisik harus fresh dan nggak boleh kendor.

Q: Hasil Fajar/Rian harus menurun. Tahun lalu di semifinal, namun tahun ini kalah di babak kedua. Apa evaluasi buat mereka?

A: Kalau dari hasil tahun lalu memang berbeda. Tahun lalu mereka di semifinal, tahun ini mereka di babak dua. Terlepas dari itu memang pemain Inggris (Marcus Ellis/Chris Langridge) ini cukup baik. Mereka main di kendang sendiri, pertahanannya juga baik, nggak gampang ditembus. Sedangkan kemarin sayang Fajar/Rian tampil di bawah performa terbaiknya. Saat itu, kaki Rian memang sedang bermasalah, jadi kecepatannya sedikit menurun. Ditambah juga kemarin menurut saya, Fajar banyak melakukan kesalahan yang tidak perlu. Secara keseluruhan penampilan mereka bisa dibilang agak turun di All England tahun ini.

Q: Ade/Wahyu sempat tampil meyakinkan dengan merebut satu game dari Li Jun Hui/Liu Yu Chen (Tiongkok), namun akhirnya kalah cukup jauh di game penentu. Apa kendala mereka di lapangan?

A: Menurut saya dari segi teknik permainan mereka nggak kalah. Cuma dari mentalnya mereka naik turun. Kadang bisa bagus, kadang bisa drop. Ini yang menjadi PR dan evaluasi buat mereka sendiri. Kesempatan saya rasa cukup banyak dan cukup baik. Saya dan PBSI sudah memberikan kesempatan kepada mereka untuk ikut pertandingan dimana-mana. Cuma hasilnya masih kurang memuaskan. Ini memang terkait faktor individu mereka masing-masing. Kehidupan sehari-hari mereka seperti apa, mereka harus evaluasi diri mereka sendiri. (*)

Biglever, thyrif, wade and 4 others like this.
  7. Baddie lover

More weird thing is you discrediting other players just to prove you're the biggest supporter of Kevin. You don't need to hate/dislike other player just because you love one player.

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The thread had just started yesterday, there should be more pages coming soon.

9. Baddie lover

Coach Herry is very humble. More like a father figure.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

Thanks!!

yuquall likes this.
  11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

you feel that is discrediting? lol...ok then.. i'm just writing question mark. Lifting at every point is not anti badminton? Cant remember LYD doing that. and someone like you coming to this thread lol.

and here have 300+ pages compared to 1 page, you cant just answer it ?

if that is discrediting, then i think all the posts in AE thread is more discrediting than what i wrote..

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What is anti badminton? Badminton goes all direction as far as I know

13. Baddie lover

Okay lol. If EndoWata are good at lifting , how come it's anti badminton. Then WD is totally anti badminton. If some tactic is working for them and which necessarily doesn't suit your taste, you'll term it anti badminton now this is sth new to me.

Also, what's there to compare LYD with some other players. LYD had his own style. EndoWata have their own style, Minions have their own. Yeahh, I'm not that active here in this thread, does it mean I can't come here ? Funny guy. And you're the one who's always discrediting legends. Hey come on man, Kevin is great but you'll do all things possible to portray that he's the greatest of them all. Let Kevin do what he wants to do, and I'm sure he'll first laugh off your every post saying money, women are bigger than major golds and titles.

You can write all those things you've written when Kevin haters come out of their caves but now when the situation is calm, you rake in another provoking topic. Phew

14. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Latest news. Kevin ditches 88s and using nanoflare 800 now.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Do you think he played better with the new racket?

16. wade

wade Regular Member

If anything, yuta/endo makes the game more fun and interesting. it would be so boring if all MD play like minions or ahsan/hendra, I'm actually hoping we could see more defensive pair like yuta/endo.

Biglever, trizzforce and rhoder like this.
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

It is, thats why nobody watch WD. It is even worst than what EndoYuta is doing and thats the problem.

Yeah, they are winning but i doubt people will be watching EndoW play if its not because of Minions. Dont think anti badminton is discrediting, they still deserve their title. if you arent happy with it, you can coin what they do as pro badminton :)

which part of discrediting legends? you spoke like its so easy to be legends lol

#6077 Yoji, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  18. konak

konak Regular Member

Kevin / Marcus must improve their drop shot performance. They are used to winning by hitting hard and fast, but the tactic will not suitable to players with good reflexes like yuta / endo.

the drop shot must be done fast, unreadable (it's hard to differentiate the movement with a smash) and consistently fall in front of the service line.

19. Baddie lover

Woooah. The part where you bring Hendra, FHF, LYD, ZN to every post and start comparing them to Kevin. Lol how were you able to forget all this. Now don't tell me to show proof. You check all your posts.

20. wade

wade Regular Member

Kevin's dropshot was deadly at the WTF last year, he hit like 5 or 6 winners from that alone. I don't know what happen in the final though, his backcourt play is not as effective as in WTF.