Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I didn't know it was Reony who coached minions yesterday in the match against Ino/Kan. Was it him too in the first round?
    Must have felt weird for the JPN to have him sitting in the other side.

Good luck to minions today, hope they will play their best and win the match today too. Fajar/Rian will have the advantage of being the underdogs and less pressure today, minions should be very careful to not make easy mistakes.

2. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

no, just for yesterday cause Herry IP was still with Wahyu/Ade on court 3

3. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Waiting for some analysis on why they lost today..:)

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

They lost because HerryIP was not on their side today. :D

I was kind of busy with Wang/Huang when they played G1. But the score was close 23-21.
    From what I observed from the time I started watching them at mid G2 and G3, minions just couldn't seem to work their game up. They didn't seem to have a good coordination in most of their rallies. Fajar/Rian didn't need to do much haha, they held themselves better this time.

Well that was just the impression I got. But I will watch the replay after the last match is over and see if I could analyse more. If I am not too devastated after Liu/Zhang match, that is..

5. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Kevin getting outplayed by fajar (again)

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I didn't know Kevin played single against Fajar. No wonder Kevin lost.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Do you think Rian mentioned to Gideon : let me win. If i win the title, the prize money will be yours?

lol

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Minions had to admit the opponents were better than them yesterday.

They were playing a pair that knew them really well, all their weaknesses and strengths included. Even when Kevin was attacking from the back with variations, Fajar/Rian knew exactly what was coming. They were in better position most of the time both in attacking and defensing. Rian attacks were more effective than Marcus and he didn't choke this time unfortunately lol. Minions formation was a mess, Fajar/Rian played well to exploit their weaknesses and scatter them around. Kevin did all his best to cover for Marcus but not good enough.

I think that minions problems lie on Marcus ability on attacking and posing a threat in slow conditions. They still haven't worked that out yet. Marcus is still not as much of a threat at the front either.

rhoder likes this.
  9. wade

wade Regular Member

Lot of times fajar even standing at the front court when he lift to kevin cause he knew kevin mostly gonna play a dropshot/half smash from the backcourt. next week they probably gonna met fajar/rian again in QF, it kinda worrying because as far as I know the hall for singapore open is even slower, marcus can't even penetrate fajar/rian's defense yesterday.

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Times are changing. let them win. They also deserve their moments. Luckily its minions that won AG. Going to 2 years WR1 , its long enough in MD.

11. minions

minions Regular Member

For me, losing against Fajar/Rian in Malaysia Open is no big deal. Minions have been exploited lately. But, no pair know minions' game better than their own compatriots. Minions has already won Malaysia Open and lots of titles. It's time for Fajar/Rian to win big title. I can see that the top 3 MD will be filled entirely by INA, just like JPN in WD.

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think Li/Liu and KamSon will have a say on that. Maybe Kamson is getting older. I can see top 4 being filled with INA MD. I hope given this chance, Fajri dont blow it again like AE. Their first SS in Malaysia (beating big opponents too) so i hope they can win it again this time.

13. wade

wade Regular Member

Really hope fajar/rian can enter top 5 (or even top 3) soon, we need minions vs fajar/rian in the final, not qf.

14. minions

minions Regular Member

They can enter to the top 5 if they beat Kamura/Sonoda today. Yes, I can see them in the top 3 along with Ahsan/Hendra. INA MD has not been this terrifying before. I can't even recall the time where KOR MD filled the top 3 entirely.

wade likes this.
  15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

As long as pair like HokiKobayashi or AaronSOh that goes to the final of any tournament, Minions WR1 should be safe. Though looking at Hoki results, i dont know how they remain motivated after 17/32 exit all the time.

Yesterday, Minions will have lost in 2 games. at 17 15G2 , Rian just serve into the net that allowed Minions comeback. That is still their main weakness. Rian is so strong in smash but mentally he is weak, imo.

16. wade

wade Regular Member

Well minions got 4 straight points from 17-19 to 21-19 to take the second game, they're mentally strong...it's not easy to beat them in straight game. but I agree rian need to be mentally stronger, I've been pretty critical on him since like forever.

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I hope Hoki/Koba gets defeated by Li/Liu. I sympathized with them when they got robbed a point because of the Umpire's mistake, but when Hoki dimissed ZN like that in handshake after the match was over, I no longer has any warm feeling towards them. I despise more those who are not man enough to shake hands after the match despite what happened during the match.:cool: Just like Tan.

First 2 games of minions vs Fajar/Rian were close, it could have gone either way. Minions had GPs in G1 and they still managed to lose it. If they won G1 it might have been their victory instead. It has been minions bad bad habit to let the opponents steal G1 from them lately. I strongly discourage that habit.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

You reckon Minions going on a slump here? I mean its not weird. Even TTY had a slump and hasnt won any tournament since DO. and only 1 title since middle of last year (excluding AG) yet she is still WR1 and finding her form. Tomorrow can be her 1st title in a while.

19. minions

minions Regular Member

It's better if they are in the slump now than during WC like the last two years.

badito likes this.
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Coincidentally, minions lost in QF too Malaysia Open last year and it was even a worse defeat to He/Tan than it was against Fajar/Rian yesterday. As long as they will bounce back stronger and better, they can have all they need to take some time off to adjust.

To be honest, despite them winning their previous matches rather convincingly in score line, I am not happy with their form or performances. Too many loopholes in their formation. Kevin played as if he wanted to finish the game as quickly as possible leaving Marcus stranded (unable to keep up) and I am not sure that's the right approach. Especially when they are not really back in a solid form yet. I prefer their approach in French Open or Hong Kong Open much more when it comes to playing in slower condition.

badito likes this.