Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Kido/Hendra were just utter garbage in 2012, thats why they couldn't even make it there. Simple. They were still okay in 2010, but lost then as well. Cai/Fu beat what was before them, including the Danes who had disposed of the WR1, Jung/Lee (by your ever-changing criteria, probably the best pair at the time because they won a big number of tournaments).
    I won't go and discredit their win if the minions manage to clinch the title in 2020, even if their biggest threats are eliminated before meeting them - that's not their fault. Personally, I even think Cai/Fu got a bit lucky to avoid Jung/Lee, who were not a very good match-up for them at the time. Not a lucky as having Kido/Hendra as opponents in 2012 would have been, but still.
    Also, I haven't said a single time that the minions won anything because pair X wasn't there, but your continuous attempts at strawman arguments are still entertaining.

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah sure, that's what I said several times. I usually add a 'yet' or 'so far' when starting they aren't in the GOAT discussion because their career isn't over (probably far from it).

3. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

Hard truth reality, people always praise champion, isnt it ~

when Kevin marcus won a title, people praise Kevin too and call him thunderhand and invincible, isnt it god like too

well, praise cant be measured or compare exactly but respect is mentioned everywhere to the Daddies pair clearly. Respect goes both ways.

Just my 2 cents of thought ~

j4ckie likes this.
  4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's not really. For one, I don't understand why Hendra is "God". That's kind of wrong in many ways. Master or King etc would be more reasonable. Shouldn't take this praising thing too seriously, it's only "someone's" nonsense complaint.

Also, it's obvious why people regard Hendra more considering his age, experiences, achievements and contributions. Would anyone have called him legend or praised him this much after only 3 years of career?
    At least Kevin still has more than 10 years to put him at the same level or higher level with Hendra.

twawawau and badmintony like this.
  5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Only thing is not sure if Kevin wants to play as long as Hendra given what he already achieves. In some ways, its tough to keep going. Luckily, he havent won OG. I dont know if there is much motivation if he ended up winning OG. Let alone someone who never wins that many tournament and ended up winning OG. Unless its like FuZhang where its straight retirement. It has been tough for the Finalist like GohTan as well.

For example LiuZhang won WC but what have they achieved since then? Same for Li/Liu. In fact, kinda pities them. Its a great title but they probably didnt get any money for it. It just adds to the burden because they cant win anything besides that. Same for JC, unfortunately.

#3185 Yoji, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Of course Kevin wants to get as many Gold Medals as he can. Hendra has already had 1 OG gold and 3 WC golds but he is still wanting more. Not really tough, look at LD. How many gold medals he has now? And he is still craving for more.

Stop comparing Liu/Zhang. LC isn't going anywhere. I am just sorry that ZN is getting dragged down with him. That's the coaches to blame. You don't know how much the CHN players are getting from their nation. I heard they usually earn their bonus from local leagues.

badmintony likes this.
  7. wade

wade Regular Member

twawawau and j4ckie like this.
  8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't think so. I read somewhere that he mentioned about Kevin who was always quick at getting what the coaches want without the coaches say anything much. Kevin just knows what coaches have in mind. And we all know after coaching interval, minions always listen to what coaches have to say and improve their tactical.

But character wise, minions are more extrovert while Ahsan/Hendra are more introvert on court. And in training, Marcus also a hard worker as we know, but Kevin always try to slack off (cheat). :D

wade and badmintony like this.
  9. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Sorry for my ignorance and bit OT but, why isn't there any price money on the WC? BWF maybe getting a lot money for this event but not a single dollar for the athletes?

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

10. badmintony

There are so many other players in the indo team that Herry might be negatively referring to. KEVIDEON DUO might have amusing showmanships at the court but I doubt they have inflated egos to the point of being arrogants to their coach.

minions likes this.
  11. badmintony

Hmm. How about that? KEVIDEON MINIONS

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's like Asian Games or Olympic Games, there is no money prize for the athletes. Only medals.
    And I think the players have to receive invitations to play in WC, and unlike the Open tournaments not all top ranked players get to play in WC, there are quotas for each country (but not limited to 2 only) and I'm not sure if pair from different countries were allowed.

badmintony likes this.
  13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Haha too long. Minions is good enough for now.

I wonder why people even the Indonesians call Marcus "Gideon" instead of his first name but Kevin by his first name.

14. badmintony

Ok. But personally I can't seem to understand much the reason why they don't offer some monetary rewards on tournaments like the WC or AG. I can somehow understand the OG as it's a lot bigger event involving a lot more athletes than the AG and WC and more like a tradition already, plus if there'd be cash prizes, that wud be a gargantuan funds to shoulder. But in the case of the WC or AG, they're only for badminton and they seem to be just like any of the tourneys in the sport. The organizers surely make these events a very much commercial enterprise and even perhaps a lucrative one.

15. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    I notice that majority of the time Herry will talked to Gideon in the interval, instead giving instruction to both of them.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah, maybe that's what coach Herry meant by Kevin needed less instruction to know what tactic they should employ.

Just like how CHN coaches spent most of the coaching time talking to LC and only said one sentence to ZN "Okay. You know what to do, right?".

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think WC yes it needs prize money for the present.

I dont think AG needs prize money though because its multi event sports and celebration of culture just like OG. so it worths much more than money while WC is yes created solely for badminton and needed prize money.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

In the case of the OG, it's supposed to be all. About the sport, not any monetary incentives, part of the reasons why big sponsor logos on the apparel are forbidden. Incentives outside of the games are allowed and impossible to forbid/control, but the games themselves are supposed to be a 'pure' competition, a celebration of sports, if you will.
    I don't know what the reasoning behind the WC not having prize money is, but I'm guessing it's because they don't want to sell a title/name sponsorship like with the normal tour, and hosting the event already costs money (which BWF pays, I think). Personally I tend to agree with that decision because it'd feel cheap if someone were to become the' Redbull World Champion' or some **** like that.

All in all, not hard to see why some simple-minded people don't understand why WC/OG are important to competitors when they don't have big prizes directly attached to them.

twawawau likes this.
  19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's been Total World Championships for a while though. Just the same like Yonex All England Open, but it's always been 'All England Champions' never Yonex All England Champions. I like the idea that they are not showing off the cheques in AE award ceremony.

twawawau likes this.
  20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Longest ranked number 1 pair?