Getting Started

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bad_noob, Jun 9, 2020.

1. bad_noob

bad_noob New Member

I've just started playing badminton (30 days) at the age of 19. I want to improve my game so that I can enjoy the beauty of the sport.

My question is that
    should I play under the coach..?
    or
    improve my game just by playing and watching videos?
    or
    play under coach and sometimes watch videos too?

I don't know what to do. Please anyone help me with a clear explanation.

Thankyou in advance.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    do both!!

3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Welcome to the badminton world. Plenty of threads and resources available on the web and most especially on this forum in the technique section with some sticky and popular threads.

Like @kwun perfectly said it hehe do both!

That being said never stop being curious, the road is long and the journey most pleasurable. If you want to progress fast and take shortcuts, get a coach 2 to 4 hours a week (assuming you have one around since you asked) and have discussions with him too to guide you on all aspects of the game. Enjoy! :)

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Depend on your target actually?

If you want to be good at it while also aiming to enter your (maybe) local/school club & win some competition, a coach will be much more helpfull & while doing so, self learn with video & all wont do any harm rather help alittle bit.

If its just casual fun play but with an interest to get better, just self learn from video/advice also can work but keep in mind it takes quite some times & i mean very long time to be really good. Im this type of player. Learn by doing it, some advice from friend, watch video, & experience. As im basically like to learn new thing so i keep growing slow & steaddy but i saw few of my friend get bored on the way & stop growing. Its quite a challange to do self learn while also keep motivating ourself.