Getting back into the game, racquets similar to the old Ti5?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Scharfe, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Scharfe

Scharfe New Member

Hey all!

I'm looking to getting back into the game after not really having much of a chance to play for the past 10 years or so. I don't currently have my old racket with me and wanted to buy a new one and needed some suggestions.

My previous racket that I used and loved was a Yonex Ti5 Titanium Mesh with the codes 2U G4 (I assume one of these is grip size? What is the other?)

From what I know of these, these are head light rackets, somewhat stiff and have the isometric head shape. Are there any rackets these days that might have a similar feel to this one? I don't currently have an upper limit on my budget, and I'm only looking for another Yonex. Would be great to get a recommendation for a mid range racket as well as a high end one. I can't speak for my playstyle anymore, it has been so long.

Let me know if there is any other info I could provide.

Thanks!

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    As far as I know, there are no 2U racquets now.

Probably safer to get something that could fit a lot of playing styles like Arcsaber 11 Pro with even balance. 3U version.

3. Scharfe

Scharfe New Member

Thank you for the recommendation! That's the racket I was thinking of going with. I've also heard that the AS10 is basically the same racket as the 11. How true is that?

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    No opinion on that

5. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Someone has done a comparison on youtube of the 10, 11 and 11 pro. Video was linked in the Arcsaber 11 pro topic

Scharfe likes this.
  6. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Arc10 is stiffer and a little slower than the 11. It also leans a bit more towards power, while the 11 is all about control.

Scharfe likes this.
  7. SinggihSW

SinggihSW Regular Member

Why don't you buy another HL rackets from Nano series then? If its because there are no 2U anymore, IMO that weight class just become negligible because of the 10 yrs gap. If you really looking for HL rackets, i could recommend 2 rackets for you that i've used personally myself.

The first one is NF700, it's an easy racket to restart your journey, it's a HL to EB rackets with medium stiff shaft and aerodynamice head, the cons of this racket is this doesnt have 3U weight, only comes in 4u and 5U, so this is indeed a fast racket. I use this racket personally, every shot is so easy to execute, while other says this racket doesnt have enough power in smashing, i find it differently. My smash is more "BOOM" when i used this racket rather than my other rackets (astrox, arc11, etc)

Second one is NF800 if you love a bit of challenge to restart your badminton experience. It's also a HL rackets, with a stiff shaft and compact head. It does have 3U weight, also 4U and 5U. IME, this racket is not only fast, but also give plenty of power when you have the proper technique to wield it because of its compact head. I love this racket, but not as much as NF700

Scharfe likes this.
  8. Scharfe

Scharfe New Member

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! On the budget end of things, what would you recommend? I just want to know all my options before I go in.

Cheers

9. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

On the budget end, you can look at Arcsaber 11 Play or Tour instead of the Pro model.
    There are also some mid-range Victor Braveswords on the market you can take a look at.

Scharfe likes this.
  10. Scharfe

Scharfe New Member

I ended up going with the Arcsaber 11 Play. Though I had the budget, I decided to go with the play based on great reviews. Didn't want to be wasteful in case I don't stick with it.

Thanks all!

11. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Nice! I recommend getting it restrung for the best possible experience, but even with stock strings it should do you well. :D

12. Scharfe

Scharfe New Member

Thanks for the tip! I did hear that racquet gets way better when restrung! I may first see if I keep up with playing for a few weeks before I do that, but it's definitely on my radar :)