Generic unbranded rackets coming out of China.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by asmd6230, Nov 19, 2020.

1. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Anybody have any ideas regarding generic unbranded rackets coming out of China?
    I recently acquired 2 rackets through a friend that was unbranded or maybe rebranded from China. Full carbon fiber unstrung. Strung them up to 27lbs and they play quite well, bit different from each other. the fisrt one cost 10usd and the second one 25usd (has some writing on the side of the shaft i cant decipher) and the 2nd one has every word on it grossly misspelt that its not even funny.

Besides the point... whats the forums opinion regarding these rackets.. i even see them on alibaba.
    for Eg - https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...rlist.normal_offer.d_title.3d4c4c880wt7Tb&s=p

Question is, why are we paying 220$ for rackets when there are rackets that cost 25$ that may play as well.

Just a question.

Also, are these the same factories that are producing branded rackets?

dundee likes this.
  2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

If you ever know about ISO you will understand that a company that are certified with ISO doesnt mean that they made the best top of the top product. But rather that every of their process are standarized so that each of their product meet the same quality exactly as what they want.

Unbranded tiny company doesnt mean they wont be able to makes better quality racket above branded one, but their issue is that all their process dont have any standard & their product had a very big range quality. You wont tell you might get the good one or bad one & not to mention the spec itself will be different from 1 to other.

For Pro or tornament player, you dont want having 5 spare racket in bag with 5 different spec & quality. Let say for example Lindan ZF, imagine Yonex is a tiny starting brand. LD will hav head light ZF, balance ZF, & head heavy ZF in his bag. Switching racket during tournament in those situation will be a nightmare.

But for casual recreation fun player, it would benefit them for their cheap price while still maintain the fun itself. The big change on spec wont take away the fun & pretty sure they wont be able to tell the different.

3. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Panda Power made by dinkalot from this forum makes imo better rackets than the big 3. But to your point, from my experience with good quality, sub $100 rackets, is that they play well, but have softer grade graphite that is prone to frame deformation more so than rackets with harder graphite. Then again, the entire arcsaber line up is soft, deforms, AND expensive, so if you like soft feeling rackets it's actually fine to stick with cheaper rackets. I know advanced players who prefer soft rackets that love their sub $100 rackets, so it's not necessarily just for weaker players.