Gade supporter

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Gade supporter, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Gade supporter

Gade supporter Regular Member

Well when we train with Gade, we have 1 man on each side of the net, and then he is playing the balls to you and then, Gade is judging youre shot. For an example if anybody knows the very hard shot that Hendrawan used, and Gade and Camilla Martin for an example is using now. Your teammate hit balls to the left side on the net, and then you try to "hold your grip" to make a cross drop, and then in the last second you hit the long one. There is also a thing that is named after Gade, and he is the only one using it, it is very hard you have might seen it on tv, I am practicing this shot in the moment it is very hard, but the drill is: Your teammate hit balls to the left side on the net, then you "hold your racket" to make a simple net drop, and then in the last second to make a cross drop on the net.

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8636&highlight=gade+trick+shot

you mean that one. If he is teaching you that, then I dont think he will make as good a coach as he a player. That shot has won him 1 point in his career, and he teaches you it as a legitimate stroke.

At your age you should be learning how to do the basic strokes (net, clear, drops, smash, defence) perfect, then develop onto what you call "really hard" shots. If you learn the "really hard shots before you have MASTERED the basic shots (as in 100% accuracy, placement, angle, speed, stroke, prepearation) then you can develop advanced techniques.

Learning is like a pyramid, thefoundations must be there before the icing, otherwise it will crumble, and fall.

Or maybe I am doing it all wrong?!

3. Gade supporter

As I have said earlier Gade only teaches me one time in the week, and then I can practice the basic ones in my own club, so Gade teaches us at Team attack to make as you say hard badminton shots, if he didnt make any new stuff, there was no idea of practicing with him.

4. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

Wow, it sounds interesting. It's great that Peter still wants to spare his time coaching the young players, I guess it's a good regeneration process. Good luck to you, hope to watch you playing in the big tournament someday ... ;)

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    So can you describe the details of how to complete this shot (seeing as it must be important), from your movement towards the net as usual, to completing the stroke to move to position for next shot-is there a different position you should take up after this shot in order to be ready for reply?

6. Gade supporter

Well when I move to the shot from the center of the court, i make a little jump first to get as much accelaration to the stroke, it is not usual that your opponent can reach the ball, but if he will he cant hit the long one, so I move to the center of the net.

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    but how do you play the shot?

Also how many hours a week does he teach you, and is there any other strokes, or just this one every week until it is perfect?

Could you give us a description of what you do each week? have you written it in a training diary? What did you do this week?

8. Gade supporter

Well watch the video with Gade, mine is not as perfect as his, because I cant hold the racket as long time as he can. He teaches me one time evry week, in 3 hours. Well we have a schedule, and as you say we train until it is perfect, and then we can move on to som other stuff, like a new cut shot. I have not written it in a training diary, but only in schedule, I can tell that every week is different, but no running just making the fun badminton shots. This week me and Gade is practicing, the shot that I was referring to in the other treads, but we are focusing more on that I can hold the racket much longer.I hope that answered your questions.

9. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    this week

Hehe not much I guess unless training continues in Jakarta ;)

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Just testing! ;) ................

11. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    the teacher Gade

Nice to have Gade teaching you tricks. I'm interested in all other shots that he's teaching you, apart from the 'Hendrawan-deceptive lift' and the 'Gade-deceptive-below-the-arm cross drop' that you mentioned earlier.

Gade has a very nice personality off court. How is he as a trainer - tough or easy going?

12. Gade supporter

Gade is not tough, but he is also not easy going because then you wouldnt be a good badminton trainer. Gade is a very nice person who is good at explaining to you what to do and so on, I would wish more top players would train the youngsters in their country, like maybe Sun Jun could teach the chinese youngsters, and maybe Hendrawan the indonesian youngsters.

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
  14. Gade supporter

15. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Hi Gade Supporter!!

Maybe you´re interested in getting your own forum here if the moderators will allow it??

So the badmintonfans here could follow a coming star in badminton if everything turns out right for you.

It could be interesting to hear your point of view of things going on in badminton seen through your eyes. It could contrast the points of view that Laybourn and I can report about.

Hope you´re interested and if you are we can contact Kwun!!

Kind Regards

Jonas

16. Gade supporter

Well sure Iam interested

17. Gade supporter

sorry about the late answer, but YEAH Iam interested........

18. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    hello gade supporter.......... im jug. nice to know you.

you are in Gade's Team Attack right????
    if yes, were you part of the trip to Malaysia last year.......... and how did you do. what are your thoughts about the experience??

thanks in advance

jug

19. Gade supporter

Hi

Yes I went to Malysia with team attack, and it was a wonderful experience. We played against some of the best young MS in Malaysia. Well I believe I did a good job. I won all my matches down there. It was a wonderful trip, and I hope, that team attack will be able to make a trip again this year, and maybe go back or maybe to another country in Asia.

20. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    hi. did you meet lim fang yang and did you play againts him? coz he's malaysian under15 champion and in this article it says he beat denmark guy up to the age of 19 :eek: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18187&highlight=lim+fang+yang

anyway, thanks for answering the question

jug