Funny Olympics

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Aug 7, 2016.

1. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
  2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  3. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    at least they're brazil's home colours, ha!

4. Gauravpride1985

Gauravpride1985 New Member

Nice

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, if you've just dived the day before and it was blue, and you're diving again today and it's suddenly green, how not to be affected, at least mentally ?

blabl likes this.
  6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Heard that the Brazil pool is the strange type. The type that keep changing colors. I just wondered how those swimmers, divers even dare to enter the pool. I certainly salute those swimmers and divers, rowers and sailors who have won medals in this Olympic edition. It is never easy.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Well since the tile of this thread is Funny Olympics I will share some of the jokes that I heard from this edition of Rio Olympics.

First joke

Once upon a time there used to be an athlete who is very talented and good in sports. For him sports is everything and he loves it. But then as time pass by it is getting more and more challenging. No athletes can win in all the tournaments that they have participated. So this athlete think what should I do?

Then the coach also frequently gives him advise. Since you said it is impossible to win in all the matches you play, so just choose to win some. Win only the important tournaments. The less important ones skip it, walkover or just don't play to your level best. The coach further elaborated a good athlete should not win all the time but also give a chance to his opponent to win over him.

So this athlete is very obedient. He listens to what his coach said. So usually he will never give his 100% in tournaments. He will just give his 20% effort. The rest of it he saves it for important tournaments such as world majors and also Olympics. This athlete got so used to it. Play to lose but not play to win. Don't show off your true colors before the important majors and Olympics said his coach.

So this is a very obedient athlete. He remembered his coach advise. Play don't need to play to my level best all the time. So I just play play for the rest of the tournaments. Come the important majors and Olympics only I give my best and win it.

So the important event has finally arrived. It is Rio Olympics 2016 at last. So this player always remembered his coach advise. Don't be too serious in tournaments. You cannot win in all the tournaments that you have participated. So just play well in the majors and Olympics will do. So this athlete remember the advise from his coach so well. Today this athlete is finally in action for the first round of his tournament.

So the athlete remembered everything that has been thought to him. After that this talented and good athlete suddenly lose in the first round of the Olympics. And he lose badly to his opponent too and could not even proceed to the second round. Then the athlete himself also felt sad.

Well, after the match is over this athlete got scolded badly by his coach. Hey why did you play so badly today? Why? What has happened to you? How come you lose in the first round of the tournament? I am so disappointed with you. Didn't I tell you to play to your level best in Majors and Olympics? How come you lose? This is an important event you know. How can you lose?

So guess what is the athlete reply?

Here is the answer. The athlete replied. Sorry coach. You always tell me don't need to play well and give my 100% but just give my 20% in the rest of the tournaments that I participate. You said to play well only in majors and Olympics. But today I was so confused. I forgot where I was playing. I thought that I was playing in a NORMAL UNIMPORTANT TOURNAMENT. Hence I lose. I purposely lose today cause I got confused as to when I should win in tournaments and when I should not. Sorry I lose today because I was confused as to what role I should play the winning or losing role.

So what is the moral of the story?

Treat every match and tournament as important and play to your level best. Give your best in every tournament that you participate. So if you are so used to just play play and don't take it seriously in tournaments you will lose in the end. Never think to win only in Olympics and majors. Always play to your level best. Never ever play to lose as to hide your skills in unimportant tournaments as in the end it will all gets back to you.

Well when I first heard of this joke I laughed non stop for so long. Very funny indeed. :p:D:)

Mate likes this.
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

blabl, it's obvious you're taking a dig at somebody, the innuendo in the form of a joke, however, falls flat on me.

If you tell that joke to LCW, he will cry miserably, not laugh, I assure you, because that 'Joker' was never confused nor forgot where he's playing whenever he faces LCW in all the majors !

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry. This joke I only put it here cause I heard this joke from those at Rio Olympics 2016. It is actually referring to the story of an archer. I am so surprised that you got it wrongly. Its okay then. You know archery is very famous. So this joke came up after the famous Korean archer lose his match. Sorry then. I forgot to mention the name of the sports.

Rob3rt likes this.
  10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The first joke that I have written above refers to the story of an archer. Sorry forgot to put in the name of the sport when I post that joke. Have fun. You know Korea is so famous for archery. So when Korea best and most famous archer lose suddenly this joke has arrived. My friend shared this joke to me. So I just put it here.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Second joke also referring to the archer.

There was once a very famous athlete, He is just so famous and talented. In every tournaments that he goes, he can surely win it. So this is how the story started. Since this athlete is so famous and broke the Olympics and world record on the ranking round he was so happy.

So his coach told him wow boy you did a good job, You made the whole nation so proud of you. So in the end that athlete celebrated in joy. Then this athlete thought that he is so talented and good. So in the end he became overconfident and so proud of his own achievements. He though wow just wow I will win it. I will win my second gold medal.

Already won the team gold medal. Now I will win my second individual gold medal. So it became like this. Very funny indeed. Surprisingly this athlete lost in the round robin and could not advance anymore. So this athlete became so sad and he cried.

So when being interviewed as to why he lose this athlete reply. So can you all guess what is his reply?

The athlete reply. In the middle of the tournament, everything went wrong. The change of wind direction. Wind blowing strongly. Then the athlete said even the arrows also something gone wrong with it. All the arrows instead of going to the front, it all made a u turn. Those arrows it all u turn and it nearly hit me instead so I lost. Wow very dangerous arrows indeed.

Well when my friend first shared this joke to me I laugh aloud. Wow. Well imagine all the arrows all made a u turn during archery tournament. How funny can this be? Arrows making a u turn, turning behind instead of moving forward. Very funny indeed. :p:D:)

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Now for the third joke. My friend shared this joke to me too.

Third joke is about the golfers

So eventually before Rio Olympics 2016 lots of stories heard about famous golfers pulling put last minute from Rio Olympics. Most of the golfers are so concerned over the disease such as Zika virus that can be spread through mosquitoes and so forth.

So hence the match for the golfers finally started. It was just too funny at that time. Very funny indeed. All the golfers went out for the tournament.

So finally the winners have been announced. The gold, silver and bronze medalists. Then something went wrong after that. Most of the good and talented golfers did not win a medal. So they are frustrated and angry.

When being interviewed one of the famous golfer said. How can I win? So many trees fell down along the way as I play on. Those trees that fell down hit my head and I fainted. So after I have fainted how can I win? wow this is a funny joke indeed. Trees fell down in the middle of the tournament.

Then the second golfer when he was being interviewed shouted out in anger. How can I win? I fell into a pond. Along the golf course there are so many small ponds here and there. So I basically fell into all the ponds and took me such a long time to get up from the pond. How can I win? Then the interviewer said why you didn't see the pond and fall into it? The golfer said how can I know? The water of the pond is green in color. So I cannot differentiate which is which now. The color of the water in the pond is green same color as the grass. Thus I fell into the pond mistakenly as I walk. Well this joke is very funny indeed.

Well have s good laugh. I had a good laugh too when I first heard of this joke. :p:D:)

kwun likes this.
  13. Mate

Mate Regular Member

Kim Woo-Jin, current world number one ranking and reigning world champion archer, set a world record in qualifying round. However, after that he was defeated by Riau Eka Agatha, ranked 29th in archery world ranking, from Indonesia in second round. I watched the match live and Kim looked underestimate his opponent.

blabl likes this.
  14. Airos

Airos Regular Member

The diving pool turned green?
    Why?
    Why did the swimming pool next to it not turn green?

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Someone probably forgot to add chlorine or turn on the pool pump.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

This definitely you are right. Kim really did underestimate his opponent. :)

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

This definitely you are right. Kim really did underestimate his opponent. :)

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Actually, your story doesn't hold water. Kim Woo Jin was not even in Korean National team from 2012-2014. He was selected again in 2015 and proved the decision correct by bagging Gold Medal in Both Individual and Team World Championships and earned World Number 1 ranking which is synonymous with consistency which you are mocking. He just won an Olympic gold in team event and created a World record in Ranking round so he was obviously very consistent but probably had a bad day during his clash with Ega Agatha which definitely deserves a mention in this thread no doubt.

But taking potshot at someone you don't regard highly by hiding behind a fake story is......strange.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Its okay this is just for jokes. This jokes is shared by my friend so I just share it here. Anyway it is just a joke so have fun. :)