from JS12 to Astrox zz or something else?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jmaster, Oct 10, 2021.

1. jmaster

jmaster New Member

I'm currently using a Victor Jetspeed 12 but during single games I feel I need more power for my clears.

I'm considering astrox zz 100. Would this be much more head heavy? I'm looking for more head heaviness... (zforce 2 or 88d pri also come to mind)

2. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Should also consider 3U/4U factor while selecting your next racquet.

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Subbed because I know a JS12 user looking for new racket, doubles only though. He's tried 88 S pro and liked it.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

4. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    ZF2 is ridiculous i wouldn't jump to it because you feel you need a bit more power.
    I consider the 100zz the best racket for me atm so I am partial to it but the 88d pro is also a good option. I would say that you should work on technique first as generating power in clears with any racket shouldn't be an issue. My second reccomendation would be changing string or tension. Always smaller changes before more drastic ones.

If both change and still want something with more power:
    100zz - pretty mild in headweight. I would def say go with 3U in singles or in doubles possibly too. 4U if you want fast fast fast!
    88d pro - 4u is enough in singles and fast enough for double. if you only play singles or want more power 3U.
    zf2 - might as well go 3U if you're wanting something this heavy

5. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    I have the 88d Pro, I have had the 88d and 88s, s is faster but i lack the power and technique to generate enough power. I had the 100zz and it didn't do anything for me, it was slow and also didn't let me generate enough power.

I'm 5'10' fairly muscular with fast swing action.

I have had 3 zf2's bought and sold many times, I just cant handle that racket, it is a sledge hammer yes but very slow. Definitely go for 4u.

the best rackets for me have been 88D pro, and the nanoflare 700LT

The nanoflare when I'm tired and/or my smashes wont do much good and speed is required, 88D Pro for everything else.

Z-speed for when I want to scare people with smashing sound :)