friday (QF) results

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by alfa-2, Apr 12, 2007.

1. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant

high posibility that lcw will crumble under the mental strength again...misbun is lousy at training his students in this aspect. look at HH!! all the while coached by misbun and this is the result of many years under misbun. If they dont have mental strength to match, they definitely lost 80% of the battle. and dont get me talking about skills... obviously we all know who has better skills... even if lcw is 100% up in the fitness aspect... he's got a mountain to climb... all the best... my bet is on Taufik...

2. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

How difficullt is it for LCW and Taufik to play each other when both of them are really good pals? I understand LCW always takes Taufik out for meals whenever Taufik comes to KL.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

How do you define mental strength? Losing when you should be winning? Let's take a look at LD in AG06. He had 4 match or game points against LHI and TH respectively and he is WN1 and he went on to lose both matches. What happened to LD? He crumbled , did he? Was he mentally weak, that's why he lost?
    When a top player loses, it is not usually about mental strength.You cannot be top without attaining mental toughness. Usually it has to do with decisions on how to play their opponents.If they get it right ,great; if wrong, tough.LCW has an enviable array of weapons. However , more options also mean more decisions on which to use, so he's going to need more match experience than most to get it right.Also they put in a lot of rubbish into his mind so he needs to clear them out in order to think clearly on his feet again. LCW is mentally tough, no doubt about that.
    Some risky decisions are made beforehand esp. when the player does not think much of his opponent. EG TH decided he could afford to lose the 1st game to CHN Team B 's Gong so he most likely used G1 to test out Gong's repertoire and strengths and weakness then crushed him in G2 and G3.He reckons winning in 3 short games is less effort than winning in 2 long games.(TH is basically a minimum-effort player)

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hear hear !!! ;)

5. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    how exactly do u define mental strength in this case? :)

6. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    having the quality to win matches but have been CONSTANTLY losing to players of lower quality.

7. spchu

spchu Regular Member

Hope to see a Chen Hong vs Chong Wei final...but tonight Chong Wei has a mountain to climb.

#27 spchu, Apr 12, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

From QF line-up match, INA only represented by 1 MS and 1 XD.

TH vs LCW -- close game but still believe TH will extend his step until finale to face CH despite TH main target is Indo SS title. Let's see how the competition of the two-best-friends will entertain spectators...

Devin/Lita also has an opportunity to tame relative unfamiliar TPE pair, I guess Chinese XD are more2 dangerours than the top-seed, 2nd seed or 3/4 seed in this BAC.

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Says you. What if he wins ? Would you then be less fickle ?

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Sure Angel....and you read all my comments verbatim.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes I agree --- LOH don't give us excuses !

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You can't read a joke when you see one AH ?:rolleyes:

13. carine

carine Regular Member

who is lcw oppenent today?

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Great Logic. As you can tell some of the logic shared here are pretty mediocre.

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LCW is quietly confident that he would be celebrating on Sunday (if not on Sat, if Taufik crumbles under pressure).

One of the things with human beings is that if you say something such as that said by Taufik : "LCW has home support...", it will end end up with you somewhat believing in it. It can become a self prophecy because it may affect your own thought processes. And I think this is symptomatic, particularly so with LCW because he starts believing in his own words, e.g. "this is not as important as the World Championship.." and he loses the Asiad, or "if I can get to the semi-finals of the ALL-England, I am happy..." and he crashes out early.

Talk about confidence --- he is deriding his own ! No wonder he fails. But I am a great fan of LCW, so for that matter, I am confident he would learn and come out of his self-indicted woes.

In about the next 24 hours or more, I would stand tall and say to you non-believers : "I TOLD YOU SO !".;)

16. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hahaha....and what if you are wrong again as you have predicted hafiz would be in the final? being confident is good.....but not too over la brother......hahaha......i hope that LCW can win too. go LCW go!!! alright im going to meet my client now, hopefully will be able to report to you guys later this evening. if cant, loh has to take charge. kekeke......

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

U missed the point my friend : being positive is not being overconfident.:D

18. Ethan

Ethan Regular Member

haha... interesting build up here all geared towards LCW vs TH. 5 pages gone already, with all sorts of theories. I just hope that someone has this match recorded.

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yeah, sounds like electronic buildup here vs physical buildup on the courts.:)

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

sorry to disagree with you here.jason michael's opinion is not mediocre.Just different. mine's not great either. Just different.