friday (QF) results

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by alfa-2, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

it does seem like he's lacking confidence, perhaps taufik is right about his mental strength.

2. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

when we get really disappointed with a player, let us think that he is MORE disappointed in himself than we are... if we really want a player to win, we must do things to make him win (cheating not included)... it can be cheering for him, or if you're rich, sponsor him and pay LI MAO a million bucks to get his *ss back to Malaysia... :)

3. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

oh.. all right, i'm defending him...lol

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    im a fan of badminton, not a fan of the players. so i dun defend them when they lost.

5. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    So frustrated, couldnt load the PAGE for whole night, finally gave up ! ! :mad: Waooohh, really can feel the atmosphere brought by alfa-2, as if everyone were watching LIVESCORE :eek: :eek: :eek: , hope everyone had fun, all the best to REMAINING PLAYERS ! ! ! :) :) :)

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LCW was subdued once again by TH. He meekly said he did his best acknowledging that TH is better than him.

I have to say that as a fan of his, I am also subdued by his loss. Alfa-2, I owed you a meal. :D

I can only look forward to a MD thrill now. And Loh, you can have your 'low' shots at me. LOL

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Because there are different types of people : people like Carine and people like you.:D

8. xtremezn

xtremezn Regular Member

Sad to see him lost la... but at 25yrs old and if he doesn't win it these 2 years, it'll be too late. There are many Chens' coming up....

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

hahaha.... if you talk like this, it is already too late ! No need for 2 years ! :D

10. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

so not all malaysians here are fan of LCW..:p

yep... there's a new one, Chen long... wait, i'll count, Chen Jin, Chen Hong, Chen Yu... 4 of them.. who's next?

*i don't think Chen (fill in the blank) are their real names, Chen Jin was named Chen Pen fei at birth.. but i don't know about the others....

and i think it's starting to be a trend that they only have 2 chinese words as their names.. currently among their top players, i see only bao chun lai not following the trend..:D

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Not to worry Mr X. I don't hit below the belt. :D

Not only did LCW lose to TH, even the "new dawn" KKK/TBH has been overshadowed by the "old dawn" LWW/CTF in the finals. Thank goodness the senior "veteran" pair still have it in them to teach their younger teammates a thing or two. Look what they have done in the SF (when they knocked out Zakry and Tazari 11-21, 21-13, 21-15) and in the Finals yesterday, when they won with a score or 21-13, 11-21, 21-12. I was there to see things for myself. ;)

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I don't like your description of things. It should be KKK-TBH brought the new dawn to Malaysian badminton. CTF-LWW provided the sunrise !

I see a resurgence in the older pair - they will not be denied of their status before they retire (which is hopefully not that soon, seeing how the Danish pair are in their late 30's).

As for LCW, I am not too perturbed. No doubt he has lost his sharpness but this is where he can now adopt an attitude where he can mount a new dawn like his doubles compatriots. The only way is up when you are down.

I think the Singapore & Indonesian Opens are exciting to look forward to, if you accept my thoughts above. There is then so much to hope for in LCW, and to be able to think that even if LCW does not shine yet again, there will be two capable doubles to take Malaysian badminton to greater heights.

13. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    LCW's era is over! always having lame excuses why he is not is top form. lack of confident or whatsoever. look at Taufik and Chen Hong, they stop playing for a while but still strong. malaysian players always use lame excuses to 'avoid' their embaressment. dont expect much wins from the malaysian players in future tournaments. when they fall, they just fall badly. they rely too much on coach.

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i agree on that too........does that has to do with the maturity of the mind of the players of MAS? One should stop giving oneself and everyone excuses when one lose.....and start thinking how to make up for the loss.

to reply on bic33 post, yes, im not a fan of LCW, but im a supporter of MAS team as well as supporter of players with good attitude and skills on court and off court. Being a supporter is different than being a fan (devotee).

15. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    Comment from LCW on the up coming Sin Open.
    "The draw is not easy because if I clear the first round there is a tough second round match against Boonsak and a quarter-final against Lin Dan.I would rather take it one match at a time but the main thing at the moment is to regain my confidence and start playing well again." from New Straits Time.

cant he just stop all this sick comments? i have been hearing this same s*** since last year...and still no results produce....:mad:

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well consider the following comments that he could have made :

1. I am going to beat these guys now that I am about to regain my form.

2. I am not in the mood of losing anymore - look for me to turn this around.

3. I will not be ready for a win and my target is the qtr final.

4. Playing against Hafiz will be hard as he knows my game.

WDYT ? Is he better saying what he said or is it better with any of the 4 comments above ?

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Does it really matter? Dawn (new and old) - Sunrise - Day - Sunset - Dusk - Night.

They all belong to a cycle. A cycle of time! Dawn will turn into Dusk. Day will turn into Night. And Sunrise will turn into Sunset!

They come from the same source but just change their attributes/characteristics from time to time. They won't remain stagnant!

Just like KKK/TBH can change from new dawn to old dawn, LWW/CTF from Sunset to Sunrise and LCW from dusk to dawn, hopefully. :D

18. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    i like the lines no.1 & 2...i will truly support him if he were to say so, but of coz he needs to deliver something of what he said...haha