French Open SS 2008-Semifinal (1/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by nunu27, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Seasider

Seasider Regular Member

IT
    It's not a watch. It's a device to read his heart beat rate; so he knows when he needs to slow down on his play or just keep attacking; something like that.

2. Heong

Heong Regular Member

woah cool! I wish I had one of those.. so useful.

and I thought it was a watch lol..:)

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA Mentally collapsed yet again!!! By TH....
    What use is the psychologist?!
    Ever since the Olympics LCW has simply been outclassed by SDK and TH.
    What was it about LCW's superior stamina?! :confused::rolleyes:

#903 volcom, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  4. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Looks like your nightmare came true :(

Everytime Le Coming Winner comes into a thread, we all know LCW will lose. :p

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Calling our 1,000,000th post creator...

..BC calling Heong, BC calling Heong. I hope you didn't fall off your chair during the Semifinals; but if you did, hope you've already gotten up from the floor: Congratulations on being BC's 1,000,000th poster. Please come forward and come to the office to receive your congratulatory post. Please see:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57749&page=13

...:);):cool::)

#905 ctjcad, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Surely TH must have worked on his physical? This time is not like MCO where the matches were less demanding;for that, determination can help pull him through.
    You think the mind(and skills) alone can get him over 4 full blown matches without him honestly working out in the gym? Rudy,pls check out so let's have the truth.(It's just like Andy Murray,so tennis natural but physically limited. But once the trainer works on him,he suddenly has enough to last him through lifting titles.No fluke.He said it's the physical that was his missing link and now he's the complete package.)
    BTW, your WD guess is right.WD title is more important than ranking points.LYB certainly thinks very highly of ceh/wpt to factor in their win.

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    INA has employed the Aussie physio earlier this year to work on the men and women singles players. So yes, physical is up, otherwise you don't see Maria winning Olympic bronze and giving hell of a fight to CHN opposition. And Sony benefited from 3 straight super series victories, but he is still injury prone.

But other than these, temperament has to improve too. Taufik has improved on that. LCW as a lot of forummers suspect, is being burdened by the World No 1 tag.

In addition LCW's training plan was tailored towards peak potential at Thomas Cup Finals and Olympic Games, so at this point, he is probably below peak. Taufik (who was below at Olympics) is now peaking nicely.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Sorry I don't agree on LCW being burdened by the WN1 tag.It's just too bad his INA competition was driven by hunger to really work and win.All else being equal, the highest motivation is the greatest key to success.
    It's just like Nadal being WN1 now.Suddenly so many young,gifted players come of age.He hasn't won a title since and it's gonna be difficult for him to win one.The fact he (and for that matter, LCW) managed to reach WN1 after such an arduous journey, is greatness in itself.

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    PJ, Malaysia's top men players are a weird bunch. Mentally, they get burdened by favourites tags or WR of 1. This is not to say that we do not appreciate LCW's efforts to reach WR 1 tag. But the journey is not complete there.

Our top female players are different. Extremely strong mentally even if they are not the best physically. In this sense, it is their physical limitation that restricts their achievements.

As for motivation, traditionally Indonesia had always had the best motivation, even more than China.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's nothing to do with being MAS top men players.If it's unique to MAS men, then Nadal should be able to win a title out of the 3 chances he's had since being WN1.Are you saying Nadal is behaving like MAS top men players?
    If you want to hypothesise about MAS top men players, make sure you can't find the same pattern elsewhere. If there is,as in Nadal's case, then it's not unique to MAS.Unfounded stereotyping is damaging and it's a useful excuse used by coaches when their charges don't deliver.Often, MAS coaches' lame imagination can become their players' problem.

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    TH has not worked out his stamina yet...suprisingly he did well

12. Heong

Heong Regular Member

WOAH what da.. I was the 1,000,000th poster? cool
    Yes I'm still on chair:p
    Had absolutely no idea lol

Thankyou everyone Thankyou Thankyou it has been a pleasure of being the 1,000,000th poster i guess lol

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Probably been using NO-explode, NanoVapour or Superpump250 and getting insane boosts :D:D coupled in with more L-Arginine :D

14. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    SF btw LCW & TH

easy guy, i saw some smoke is coming out in this forum. Pls don't offence anyone , just only for a "feather ball".
    i'm regularly travel btw these two countries. so i get use to know what that word means. i was thinking that, if there is a PC game for badminton, maybe some of you can compete each other thru the web for a solution.
    cheers:D:D:D

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Wow,so abedeng is right. It's all mental.So, now, can you imagine how he'll play when he starts to work on his stamina?

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

what i see from the lcw vs th match was, th was very very eager to win this match and the tournament too(unfortunately he doesnt) u can also see from his match vs PG..he is like very hungry of titles and are very eager to win every rally and points too..!