Forza FZ Graphite Light 8U broken handle

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by lightfeather, Jun 24, 2020.

1. lightfeather

lightfeather New Member

I was hitting the shuttlecock when the handle just split into two parts. We ordered 3 of these rackets from badmintonplanet.eu for 3 different players, and from 2 of them the handle broke (third one has a broken frame).

The first racket broke after a couple of months, and mine was first used for a few months, then the racket wasn't used for ~a year. I started using it again, and got to use it for maybe a month before the handle broke.

I sent an email to Forza with pictures but they never even replied to me.

[​IMG]

2. lightfeather

lightfeather New Member

So the same thing happened to my second racket (Light 8U) so don't think I will ever buy Forza again.

[​IMG]

3. intrepid

intrepid Regular Member

Hi lightfeather, according to our local Forza representative you should contact the shop for your claim.

Hope they send you a new racket then, good luck!

4. lightfeather

lightfeather New Member

Hi,
    the shop from which I bought the latest racket does not exist enymore (smoof.de). I also reported both of these incidents to a racket group Business manager @ Sports Group Denmark (a company that owns Forza: https://sports-group-sgd.com/employees-2/) and he didn't even bother to answer my email.

5. vntmzn

vntmzn Regular Member

just wonder, have you tried to glue the handle using wood glue?

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Easy enough to replace the handle. New one from MBS is cheap too. I think there are guides on here that I can look up if you need.

Something like dremel off the cone. Scrape and sand the shaft. Clean with alcohol. Test fit the new handle and mark the shaft as a guide to keep the racquet length same as original. Gorilla glue the new handle on (good luck getting the bevels perfect!).

I appreciate it is annoying to have to repair a racquet though.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

7. lightfeather

lightfeather New Member

Yes I know the handle can be replaced (though the racket balance most likely won't be the same after this) but my point was that we bought, in total 5 of these Forza rackets, and the handle broke the same way from 3 of them within a year of use (for two different players).

So quality-wise these rackets were a huge disappointment as was Forza's customer service who never even bothered my reply to emails. I'll be buying Yonex in the future.

8. lightfeather

lightfeather New Member

These Forza rackets truly are a joke. My friend who still had one of these intact hit the shuttlecock this week, and the frame broke. Same thing happened earlier to one of my rackets too. So in total we had 5 of these rackets from which 3 the handle split, and from which 2 the frame broke. And all of these happened while hitting a shuttlecock.

I'd be ashamed to sell these.

[​IMG]

9. lightfeather

lightfeather New Member

[​IMG]

And I still have Victor from 1996 which is still working fine.