For those who claim LD is affraid of LCW in MO- here is some clue

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by xymaerts, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

the reason asking was that you were dishing out some serious accusation, which therefore should be justified by facts and logical reasons... which I could not find from your reply...

it appears that it was only your feeling instead of factual reason...

if it is just feeling, it would be fair for you to say "i'm not happy with LD withdrawn from the competition, as my expectation could not be fulfilled..."

otherwise, it is unfair to say his withdrawal is non-sportsmanship, which should refer to behaviour on court, as you mentioned some in your email...

if it is not LD, but other players withdrawn from the competition, would you also dish out the same accusation (like LCW, Sony, etc did sometimes in the past)???

this is also common in other sports, why so special for badminton???

2. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

... it appears there are more accusation than discussion...:eek:

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

??? underwear...are u serious, Pemuda...? LOL :D

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    let us say, in other perspectives or in other point of views......;)

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    those are some mighty words for LYB and LD for no show. Where were u when taufik pull off his many no shows when he was still under pbsi? Where were u when lcw was no show at 09 french and denmark open? Ohhh, lcw sat out on doctor order because of injury. LCW look fine to me at the recent KO and MO. So the trick is to get a doctor note and all is forgiven. lol

On CO09 XD final, what do u expect LYB to say? If he to say KO to win, what coach would do that to make discouraging comment about his team? If he say chinese to win, u lyb bashers would say lyb is a cocky SOB because chinese XD lost. He made a subtle guess and he guessed right and he still get bashed for making imply comment. Jeez.

Penalising LD with docking ranking point is useless since he already doesnt care much about ranking points after 08 OG. If LD want to win, he can start from any position in the draw ladder.

If u still don't get it, let me explain. Being not ready is not being afraid. Playing at high level unprepared means... injury or compounding old injury.
    LD's #1 purpose is to win 2012OG. Anything that put that at risk and ain't worth it, is out.

#185 cooler, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  6. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

The starting thread is.. LD is affraid of LCW in MO. Again is In MO..If u read the first post in this thread.. From what is quoted by LD himself.. He does mean this..Read.. and re- read..LD is giving reason y he pull out form MO.. Simply as "he is not ready to face LCW" or in more lay man term. I am afraid of him in MO..

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Did LCW register to play in DO09 and FO09?
    How can LCW show up or withdraw if he did not sign up for the tournaments?

If LD has the intention to withdraw at the last minute, then don't sign up to play. Last minute withdrawals cost non-home players their opportunities to play. This is different from INA players who withdraw early.

In any case, what's the concern when LD does not have to worry about ranking point loss? He can take out 5 top MS and win the title anyway like you say.(assuming he's 100% prepared?)

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LCW registered for France SS only but withdrew sometime early October, 3 weeks before the event-> France was 27 Oct to 1 Nov 2009. In the end, PG was 2nd seeded.
    The ISN Director & Dr Saw both certified that LCW not fit to play, I dont reckon they can simply say so in public as it would effect their reputation, esp Dr Saw.

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    haiz... if LD doesn't play, its up to him. His fans will loose out. He has his reasons. Bad for LD and good for LCW. More money in the pocket. lol. ;) Anyway, the games will be distributed evenly eventually.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Close ?

MO has ended and LD has given his reasons for his withdrawal. The points and arguments raised here are mostly repetitions. Shall we move on?

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    cuckoo?

1. you are funny, first you ask me a simple 4-year old boy question and i answer you back also with a 4-year old answer.
    2. then, you accused me of dishing out accusations? and using my feelings to say ld's withdrawal is non-sportsmanship.

why don't you go check your eyes and read the post once again. or read more forums of this kind before you ask.

if, like i said the message gets across bwf and actions are done, will it apply to all players or just ld? think before your write!

if actions are done - bwf is more strict on withdrawal then badminton or any other game can run smoothly, fans are sure to see their heroes, ticket sales good, sponsors comfortable, the bookies can prepare their odds/betting list ...

it's just for that and nothing else..:mad:

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LCW-LD clash wowuld be the highlight of AE or any tournament finals, that is what fans pay to watch...just hope they meet at AE final and those lucky to see would be darn lucky.

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Might not happen. LCW may suddenly have cold feet and get bundled out by some lower ranked shuttler.

This AE is gonna be most interesting.

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If he gets bundled out, it has to be by a lower-ranked player.

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Of course....he's WR 1.

Maybe SDK will stand in his way again...:D:D

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I am thinking the same too...I've said in earlier post "IF they meet..."...Simon, Sony, CJ, pretty Bao, Tien, Park have less expectation, really nothing to lose and could spring a surprise, while Dato was 'best form', 'winner of 2 straight SS', 'LD publicly saying LD played great and some saying supposedly avoid playing Dato', 'BCers saying LD scared of LCW', 'WR1 ranking', all these building up Dato to take this AE as though LD is a walkover, well any more pressures and expectation to put on our lanky Dato's shoulder?.......AE is not some easily forgetable SS, we are talking about a competitor who has proven to play big, huge in fact and primary focus is in majors, I kinda wonder how little respect LD commands...with LD and the Thing by his side, time will tell how Dato responds in dealing with the pressure of AE. With the Thing by LD side in OLY08 finals, that is like another weapon in the form of a calming influence to LD...Dato plays very well in KO, play OK well in MO, let's see in AE. Like you say, this AE will be interesting. If I have to pick one to bet, I pick the proven good horse LD than a good horse LCW who freeze at majors.

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

To answer your stupid post, is LD going to beat LCW in all future AE and WC tournaments? Can players not get better or be more competitive? Does a current status of a player mean he remain at that status forever?

Taufik is a good example - he got to the top (won AE and WC and Olympics) and is now playing like a rookie. Conversely, LCW who lost more times to LD than beating him, is currently beating everyone in sight easily. Until LD shows up again to play LCW, LCW is currently the best in the world. No show means means no glory. Do you understand this simple philosophy or is it too difficult for you as always?

18. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Get your facts right, Taufik HAS NEVER EVER WON AN ALL ENGLAND BEFORE.

What makes you think that LD is just sitting at home enjoying life and not training harder than usual to best LCW and everyone else as he has always managed to do, 50% of the time?

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Never a person to argue if I am wrong about the AE (but it does not matter, the point is he was won the WC and Olympics and he is nowhere now) - so why don't you debate against that point?

I have never said LD is sitting at home, not training, did I? What is your point?

20. teddbaker

teddbaker Regular Member

anyone could always state the facts of the past, but they who open their eyes now will always see that unless LD plays as many tournament as LCW, we would never ever see them play at equal stand point. well-rested, hard-trained LD against used-up and drained-body LCW. not a rocket science, but then mental aspect of the game might come into the picture, as per LD seeing LCW toying at his opponent might be LCW's advantage and for LCW knowing LD always step up big time during major tournament. these will always be the case.