For those who claim LD is affraid of LCW in MO- here is some clue

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by xymaerts, Jan 20, 2010.

1. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Lin Dan: Why I’m still out of action

By CHOW HOW BAN
    BEIJING: Recent impressive performances by Lee Chong Wei have raised the alarm on Chinese badminton star Lin Dan.
    The world No. 2, who withdrew from the Malaysian Open, said that his arch rival showed great promises in the Korean Open, winning the title without dropping a game in five matches last week.
    “Although I did not go to Seoul, I followed the tournament closely. Chong Wei is now really in great form. He is a very well-rounded and world-class player,” Lin Dan told sports.cn from his training base here on Tuesday.
    On why he withdrew from the Malaysian Open, Lin Dan said that he wanted to train harder and regain tip-top form before going to Kuala Lumpur to compete in the tournament.
    “But I have not adjusted to the best of condition. If I go for competitions in a hurry, I will not only be unable to play to my best ability but I will also risk getting injured,” he said.
    He added that it was inevitable that other Chinese singles players, Chen Jin and Bao Chunlai, could not play to their true ability in the Korean Open as they had not been training systematically thus far.
    Lin Dan said that he would start his season with the defence of the All-England title in Birmingham in March.

Souce
    http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/1/21/sports/5511840&sec=sports

2. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    nobody will ever think that LD is afraid of LCW....

3. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

at least u r not..

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

LD is not afraid of LCW. Why should he be? The man has done it all, look at his trophy cabinet and he has beaten LCW numerous times.

LD will be at the AE. LCW can dance with him there ... on the big stage.

;)

5. psychophant

psychophant Regular Member

Pedicurist
    wow... confession from the great man himself! this solidified my respect for LD!

hope this article irons out all the doubts and hilarious conspiracy theories going on in other threads.

cheers!

6. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

Well, during match..I think it is the other way round. look at how LCW performs when he is up against LD. Somehow he loses his normal confidence

7. danielwong

Salesman

but LD will most probably afraid of our public toilets :D:D, road facilities :D:D,
    stadium conditionm food etc, etc, right bro?

8. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

LD is just being humble.

9. dood1234

dood1234 Regular Member

I replied to the other thread but since you guys started another one I'll paste it here too:

"I wasn't gonna say anything but can you guys draws on facts? Why would Lin Dan be afraid of Lee Chong Wei?

Who creamed who in the 2008 Olympics?
    Who destroyed who in the 2009 All England?
    Who won WC2007 on Malaysian homeground in KL when LCW choked while the fans all thought he's undebeatable in Malaysia? LCW even lost in Malaysian Open (2007?) to Bao Chunlai one year.
    Who has better head to head record, LD or LCW?

I don't think LCW is an answer for any of the question so don't even try to start things like this when you don't have anything to back up.

Now if Lin Dan plays in all 12 Super Series tournaments (or however many there are in a year) but skips this one then MAYBE I and some other people might buy it. It's much smarter to speculate and say that Lin Dan has become a little bit lazy like a Taufik, which make more sense that way since he skipped 5 or 6 SS tournaments last year. And it looks like he's at it again this year, especially when Thomas Cup and World Championships are coming up!"

10. psychophant

Pedicurist
    please do not misinterpret the 'spirit of competition', guys.

true professionals will want to participate in competitions knowing that they are in the best physical and mental condition. ask any player before the competition and they will always provide optimistic answers that they have a shot at the title regardless of who is in the draw. this is what they have been trained for.

if they think they're not ready, they're most likely to not participate, to be fair not only to themselves but also to the sponsors, organizers and spectators.

so all this bashing a particular player or organization based on hearsay is rather ridiculous.

even the greatest champion need (or have the desire) to improve.

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I would like to take this a little further ...

Why are we always comparing LD & LCW?

There is no comparision actually. One is a legend and the other a shuttler with a few titles. You dont compare Rudy Hartono with Rashid Sidek, right? or Diego Maradona with Arjen Robben, right? or a Honda Accord with a Ferrari 458 Italia, right?

12. psychophant

Pedicurist
    some call it "Comparison", but some might call it "Gap Analysis". its a tool used by every major organization to improve their products and services.

try it, and u might benefit from it. ;)

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

To me, its common sense la. If we aspire to make the MO a prestigious event/title, we need to have some standards lah. If you are going to the stadium again today, pause for a moment and take a look at things around you.

14. danielwong

Salesman

you know me lar...i would not waste time looking at it...:D:D
    beside badminton, i go stadium to see cuties only...players, staffs,
    sponsors....:D:D
    sorry OT

15. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Or can we said.. LD affrid of LCW in THIS MO? Because, u read carefully on his statement. He does mean this..

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes, its comparison, my mistake. However, in LCW's case, there is no need for a gap analysis because it is glaring for all to see i.e. no majors todate.

17. markchan

markchan Regular Member

I think LCW has started to take a cue from LD. - dont go and participatre if you are not fully fit or "match ready". Just see how LCW skipped the SEA Games and how he has bounced back and won the KO.
    On the same note, I think KKK/TBH would do well here after skipping the KO.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's really strange that our beloved Badminton is so different from other sports

It's really strange that our beloved Badminton is so different from our other international sports. We don't see this happening in our other top sports like; Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Athletics, Cycling, etc...

CHN's camp is saying: If our Lin Dan is not ready, then don't send him.

MAS's camp is saying: Our Lee Chong Wei has now made himself ready for all challenges, but where are his opponents (CHN & INA top Mens Singles players)?

Tournament organisers are saying: Come on; you have registered yourselves, why pull out at the last moment?

BWF is saying: We are totally out-of-control here to help tournament organisers.

Badminton fans are saying: We are not happy. Just can't find enough exciting matches to watch.

This is just my opinion. It is sad that we are in a such low state in our International Badminton tournaments lately. :eek::eek::eek:

#18 chris-ccc, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  19. psychophant

Pedicurist
    as a matter of fact, skipping tournaments happen in all other sports. eg Tiger Woods did not participate in EVERY golf tournament, and yet he's the Ultimate Dominant Force.

likewise, football /soccer teams rest their star players for lesser tournaments. some fans might cry murder but to a lesser extent. but then again, football fans focus more on their "TEAM" rather than an individual player unlike badminton, where the focus is always on the player.

i do agree that the federation and organizers should impose heftier fines for players or countries that pull-out last-minute due to some dubious reasons.

but then again, if we are to analyze the "gap" between badminton with other sports like tennis, the difference in prize money is more than enough to boost/lower their desire and morale.

having said that, we might think the badminton community is petty and all but if we can just stop for a brief moment and go take a peek at other sports' forums, you'll be surprised that the same is happening elsewhere. this is called "human nature".

just my 1.5cents. :eek:

#19 psychophant, Jan 20, 2010
  20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The issue here is not about participating in EVERY tournament

The issue here is not about participating in EVERY tournament.

It is them players having shown their intention to participate (ie, having registered in a tournament); but later pulling out.

That's why most Badminton fans, tournament organisers and BWF are unhappy.

#20 chris-ccc, Jan 20, 2010