for those who are starting badminton...

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by kwun, Jan 10, 2005.

1. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    you can find it in badmintonbible.com ^^ good luck

2. racketwarrior

racketwarrior New Member

This thread is great, i m an advanced player who is trying to teach my girlfriend, she just started badminton and is very enthusiastic, now i know what aspects of the game to train her to start with, hopefully she won't give up.

3. Craig Jackson

Craig Jackson Regular Member

Good advice.

I've been playing badminton for a couple of weeks and I think I have mastered the correct grip, correct stroke and footwork. Going to start working on my smashes and drop shots now. Thanks for the advice. ;)

4. mad smash

mad smash New Member

none
    kwun u r really2 good on coaching..hehehe

kwun,ur advice is really usefull..

5. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Smash and clear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNVC5PVJyPQ&list=PLCF9214C6074730BE&feature=mh_lolz
    [video=youtube;HNVC5PVJyPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNVC5PVJyPQ&list=PLCF9214C6074730BE&featur e=mh_lolz[/video]

Backhand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07XrnkvVSCU&feature=BFa&list=PLCF9214C6074730BE&lf=mh_lolz
    [video=youtube;07XrnkvVSCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07XrnkvVSCU&feature=BFa&list=PLCF9214C6074 730BE&lf=mh_lolz[/video]

Grip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBzn3jyEs5k&feature=BFa&list=PLCF9214C6074730BE&lf=mh_lolz
    [video=youtube;UBzn3jyEs5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBzn3jyEs5k&feature=BFa&list=PLCF9214C6074 730BE&lf=mh_lolz[/video]

Enjoy!

6. ctraidatviet

ctraidatviet New Member

How can I play badminton well?
    Who had good document technique? Can you send it to me? Thanks a lot!!!!!

7. gskarthik

gskarthik Regular Member

Hello,

I'm karthik.I had played badminton in my school days( 6 years back).Now suddenly I have got intrest.So I'm planning to go for Badminton training.I stay at Alwal.I'm ready to travel 7 to 8kms for training.

Can anyone please suggest me for better coaching in hyderabad.?

8. Nazmi

Nazmi Regular Member

KLIA Porter
    Thanks for the advice ! :D

9. steward-221

steward-221 New Member

for me footwork and stroke is the most important. even if you don't have power smashing, with proper stroke you still stand a chance to win the match.

10. rattos

rattos Regular Member

Hi all,
    Im an intermediate player, and ive been working on my technique for a year. When i play doubles i know how to attack high lifts or clears but i dont know what to do when the opponents do a flat clear or a high drive. Its too low for me to smash it so i just end up blocking or lifting, and lose the advantage. what should i do in those cases? i have watched pro doubles, and all players use high lifts, meaning that using flat clears or high drives would not stand a chance. So there must be a way to deal with it.
    Thx

11. amleto

amleto Regular Member

technically, you can't lift a clear. You can clear a clear, but you cannot lift a clear.

Why does blocking/dropping lose you the advantage? You are still hitting downwards so you have the edge.

You can drive it back - hit it hard and down. Probably a block/drop shot will give you better results if placed correctly, though. It depends on you opponents positioning.

12. rattos

rattos Regular Member

when i mean flat clear/high drive (dunno the exact term) its around the level of my head or slightly above. Its getting too predictable, everytime my opponents do a flat clear/high drive they revert to an attacking position, so the guy at the front can take any blocks and kill them if they are a bit loose and the guy at the back can attack if i clear. So we end up losing the advantage both ways.
    Can you direct me to a video which demonstrates this?
    Thx again

13. amleto

amleto Regular Member

no video will show this because what is happening is:

1) they are playing a poor shot (high drive)
    2) they are getting into 'incorrect' formation
    3) you are playing bad shot that lets them get away with 1 & 2.

If they are in attacking formation then you have plenty of space to hit down the sides - so hit it.

I'm guessing that you are not well prepared for the clear? Otherwise it should be simple to attack it.

#113 amleto, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  14. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

if they play a "clear" about the height of your head, tehre's a simple solution: HIT IT HARD!

15. rattos

rattos Regular Member

OK thx guys will try that next game

16. angelk8

angelk8 Regular Member

QA Engineer
    wow... how i wish to make myself try to a fancy style... i only seen that with my co playmates who are in higher level.. and for the tricky shots..how I wish I can do that....:-(
    Strength training... no training at all.. but tips and guides and video is a big help for me....whats the key for me is that I LOVE to play badminton...
    and last expensive rackets - i think my old one, i remember i wanted to sell it to a friend of mine but til now its the only racket that im using everytime i joined a local tournament...though i have other rackets but it still the 1st one that I like to used...expensive not much... I think it took 3 months for me to buy it because i need to saved some money for it and its worth it.... well the rest of my rackets now are being bought if there's a SALE hahahhaha...

17. samliem

samliem New Member

Thanks for the advice.
    I play doubles nowadays so I more focus on grip rather than footwork. The correct grip is very important to have powerful stroke. Now I'm learning to change grip quickly and correctly.

18. kohminkiat

kohminkiat Regular Member

Badminton
    Many players want to jump start quickly & end up not wanting to put more time into having correct grip, footwork & stroke. Secondly it is their mind, they think it is difficult to change their wrong techniques into a correct techniques, in d end they always back to square one, ie playing with wrong techniques. I advice beginners not to complicate when learning basic skills, don't ever underestimate your mind, it's so powerful, u can even correct your grip immediately if u believe u can do it, yes. instantly. I know, coz I hav done that myself. Then again, if u think it's tough to change, then that's it, u hav just drawn a line at your feet to limit your progress.

19. kohminkiat

kohminkiat Regular Member

Badminton
    yes, 1 more thing, I advice beginners not to watch too many youtube, coz u can't digest it & end up confusing yourself.

20. anggit_ang

anggit_ang Regular Member

student
    nice discussion, i am a new comer in badminton, but i like it, much.