Fleet Badminton Racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by liverpool, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

Anyone know about the fleet woven-1000? What is the balance and the length? What caught my eye is that the 2U version is rated up to 40 pounds and the 3U to 35 pounds! Sounds like a strong racquet.

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

most modern rackets can take that high of a tension. however, manufacturers usually will leave a couple pounds space for leeway.

3. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

Yeah, I realise that most modern racquets can take 30+ pounds, even if only rated to 28 pounds (for example). Still sounds like a strong racquet though.

4. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    2009 Fleet Catalog

Posting the latest Catalog i saw online

Attached Files:

5. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    More From 2009 Catalog

Attached Files:

6. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    More More More Fleet 2009 Catalog

Attached Files:

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Hi, I just bought a Fleet Woven 1000 received it about 2 weeks ago without string, I had it strung and been playing with it for the last week or so. Part from the obvious getting use to a new racket it only took me 10 or so min and the same eveneing I played Mix game with the racket. I am use to playin with Yonex Armortec 500, and I am very sceptical when it comes to different brand rackets once I got to love a certain brand. All I can say is this fleet racket is a pretty amazing racket for the price class and the quality and strength you get out classes my yonex. One of the qualities for me with the Woven 1000 is the precise control and feel I get when playin at the net, and as a defensive racket the Fleet racket feels so easy to move around. The only aspect when comparing the Woven with my Armortec 500 is that I do not get the same explosive power smash that I get with my yonex, but it can also be that I am not completely settled with the racket yet, the Woven has got decent power make no mistake. All and all I would recommend this racket any day to someone.

This is my 1st post, soz if it is not up to par with the rest of the frequent posters.

#47 Mario, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  8. Mario

Mario New Member

Some minor detail I left out. :)

Got the racket strung @ 25/26 lbs on a manual machine with BG65.

9. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

its quite interesting that for the top rackets, they seem to show the frame width, i wonder what are the effects from it being different widths at different places.

10. mchan065

mchan065 Regular Member

Does anyone know the weight of the Fleet Woven 1000 4UG2?

11. ksumojo

ksumojo New Member

Dentist
    Fleet woven 1000

Should be somewhere around 84-85g. I just got a 3UG2 the other day along with my 2 friends. It doesn't feel like a 3U at all. The racquet is balanced with slight head heavy. A true pleasure to play with. The shaft is long...I would rated medium stiff, however, being a long shaft, it will flex a bit more. I strung the racquet with NBG 95 at 27lb. Here in Kansas, we don't get much of feather shuttle, we use plastic shuttle quite often which is hard on the strings if string with high tension. I have played several times with this racquet, the string hasn't given me any problem yet. Still amazes me the way it feels and respond. I play with Yonnex and Kennex racquets before, but nothing come close to what this racquet gives me. Yonnex or Kennex racquets take me a couple good weeks to get used to. This racquet doesn't take long to get used to at all, may be 10-15 minutes. Of course, there is a period of fine tuning and get the right feel for it. Smashing is powerful and baseline clear is great. Drop shot is precise. Defense is very nice too. I think all these good attributes have something to do with the woven carbon fiber. Woven carbon fiber is by far the strongest material compare to the regular carbon fiber. Both high tech airplanes and bicycles use woven carbon fiber in the construction for being light and strong. I just don't know why this material hasn't been used widely by the badminton industry.

Oh....forgot to mention, the price is great too. For half the price of the best Yonex racquets, I don't mind buying another one as my backup. It is my excaliber

12. ksumojo

ksumojo New Member

Dentist
    Fleet woven 1000

Pix of my friend's Fleet

Attached Files:

#52 ksumojo, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  13. mchan065

mchan065 Regular Member

thanks for the review...hopefully i get my Fleet Woven 1000 by Friday =D

14. limak

limak Regular Member

Woven 1000 and Woven 2000

Recently I bought W1000 3U and W2000 4U. Rackets have decent, elegant design based on woven carbon structure. Each racket came with its own specification (weight, balance point), see picture. I checked the weight of stringed rackets (no overgrip). Actually, my 4U is 88,9g and 3U is 91,2g.

I must say, that probably due to longer shaft, the rackets are a rather flexy to me. I prefer W2000 4U more, especially for doubles playing. It´s fast, agile racket. But I still have the troubles to generate power shots with both rackets.

Sometimes you need longer time to adjust with new racket. So I´m giving them more time. Generally speaking, these two Fleets are well-built rackets, no crap.
    P1030689.jpg

P1030690.jpg

Attached Files:

15. mchan065

mchan065 Regular Member

16. ksumojo

ksumojo New Member

Dentist
    Fleet Woven Rcquet

Do you know what the string tension is on both of your racquets? Mine is strung with NBG 95 at 27lb which gives pretty good power on the smashes. My other 2 friends, one of them strung at 25lb with NBG 95, the smashes still powerful. However, the other person who has the string tension of 24lb with BG65 doesn't give me the power that I wanted. It may have something to do with the type of the string and also the tension. Being a flexy shaft or lower tension string, the shuttle will stay on the string bed longer which would make it feel like playing with a lower tension string. Increase string tension may help. This is the case for me. Hope that helps!

17. ksumojo

ksumojo New Member

Dentist
    Fleet Woven Rcquet

18. limak

limak Regular Member

BG65 Ti, string tension 26 lb. Yes, both the string type and string tension may be "the part of my story". But more relevant are personal playing characteristics IMO.

19. yanzhi0714

yanzhi0714 Regular Member

Student
    my fleet woven 1000 has quite a strange balance point....with 2 overgrips on it....it is 261mm from the cap....

but i still can get nice power from it. while also being able to maneuver very fast.

20. tingkai37

tingkai37 Regular Member

anyone has reviews on fleet 100? im getting soon..