Fireblade order cancelled, looking for alternatives

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Stijn, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Stijn

Stijn Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys,

I had my thoughts set on the Carlton Fireblade Iso Tour, but I've been waiting a long time for it to arrive, and now the order is canceled and I'll get my money back asap.
    So, now I'm looking to buy a similar racket, preferably from Yonex, since their availability is a lot better.
    I'm looking for a stiff, even-balanced iso racket. The Fireblade mentioned above fitted that profile, and so does the MP90.
    Unfortunately, the MP90 isn't for sale anymore in my country.
    The models I can get are:
    NS 6000, 7000, 7700, 8000, 9000S/X
    AT 150 , 250, 300, 500, 800De/Off, 900T/P
    MP 21, 29
    ISO 25, 30, 65, 75

I'd also like to mention that my last racket was an AT800DE, which I liked, but I want to try something that's less head-heavy.
    I consider myself an medium/intermediate player. Control and defense are more important to me than smash power.
    Budget is around €100, but suggestions that exceed that budget are also welcome.

Kind regards,
    Stijn

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I thought the MP90 was known as MP99 outside the Far East - you might try looking for MP99 instead of 90. In 3U it's an excellent racket with exaclt yhte right balance for you.

It's a shame your Iso Tour didn't arrive - it fit your profile perfectly:(. I'd say a 9000X or S would be a good (but expensive) alternative - I find them to be head light in comparison to my usual sledgehammers (900P, 800O etc) and very good on the defence. The X is no slouch in attack, either, especially when strung nicely.

I'd say the 900T has roughly the same balance as your old 800D, since it's essentially an update of that line, and the rest of the Armortecs are probably too head heavy.

3. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    The at-900 Technique would be a great racket for you, it is not that heavey headed compared to AT -800 OF and it is more aero dynamic in comparison.

Is it a shame that you did not try the Fireblade i reckon it would have been a great racket..

4. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    Yea try looking for MP99 instead as i believe only in Asia, it's called MP90. If you can't find one you can always try one of the most tested and approved of racquets, the at500. That aside you can also try the at900technique its lighter headed compared to most armortecs too!

5. jerby

jerby Regular Member

why not try something new? Head is just released in Holland/Europe, maybe they have some neat stuff?

My recommendation would be a D500, or D900 from Sotx. nicely balanced, midweight, and pretty available in Holland/Belgium.
    (www.nicoclaes.com or www.sotxsports.nl both (should) have them, Nico is closest to you I guess)

6. Stijn

Stijn Regular Member

Student
    Hey, sorry for the late reply, but I've had some problems with my internet connection.

To jerby: I wanted to try something new, and look where it's got me :p.
    I heard some good things about the Carlton's, and that's why I wanted to make the switch.
    There are also some players who prefer Karakal, but I didn't really like them.
    I hadn't really thought about other brands such as SOTX, but I'll consider it :).

Apparently I've mixed up the MP90/99, but neither are available here ;).
    The AT900T and NS9000S are undoubtedly great rackets, but they're also expensive.. (although €140 isn't a bad deal compared to other shops, it's still a lot of money)