FANBAD - USA Open GP Gold 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP / US Open / Australia Open / Canadian ' started by hcyong, Jul 17, 2010.

1. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    what a mess, both pairs in MD finals already picked before:eek:, or still any chance, if I can pick #1 seed, but think the rules say game over:mad:
    anyway, it's still fun and I turn back to normal - anybody has to gift the points for the winners:D

2. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Brice 2nd final in a row :eek::eek:

3. erik_choo

erik_choo Regular Member

student
    Final
    WS: ZHULIN

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

F
    MS - Rajiv Ouseph
    WS - Zhu Lin
    MD - Fang/Lee
    XD - Lee/Chien

5. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Hi Demolidor, I think you are making it quite tough for the moderator hcyong.
    The match is scheduled at "8am". The players may still be warming up and/or getting ready to play at "8.01am".
    Since you have already decided to input the "XD - Mateusiak/Zieba", would you have reasoned otherwise if they had won?
    I believed the moderator would still have accepted your XD pick at "8.01am" :)

#105 Jimmy_Goh, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Had they won my max score would be runner-up since I already picked both the other semifinalists. Should I pick the winner in the final my max score is still runner-up since I wouldn't have picked in the semifinal. If my pick for the final loses my score will by QF instead of SF as it is now ... so I'm at risk of finishing worse actually ... either or I guess, not much difference in it.

But from the days before they probably were still warming up like you say ...

#106 demolidor, Jul 24, 2010
  7. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Final

MS_ Lost @ R32
    WS_ 2 finalists already have been picked
    MD_ Lost @ R32
    WD_ 2 finalists pairs already have been picked
    XD_ Lost @ SF

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Can we stop all this, leaving picks blank ? I don't think it's very fair if you pick some players, and then decided to change it to blank, especially if the player selected loses. I don't think it's particularly fair, its fair enough if you forget or can't post, but I'd you pick and then decided not to pick, I think that is a bit unfair.

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What the hell are you on about. Those changes were made far in advance for the other two matches. There is nothing in the rules about leaving blanks except i will get a penalty which I have chosen to accept, call it a Suarez ;). That you happened to chose so poorly is all on you [​IMG].
    I already picked Leverdez earlier so couldn't pick him so had no choice but to pick Ikeda as I thought Ouseph would beat either two in the final. Since I though Ikeda was going to lose anyway I left it blank and likewise for the other matches.

#109 demolidor, Jul 24, 2010
  10. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Hey it doesn't matter if the matches aren't started yet, does it ?

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Actually I see something interesting in the rules now. I think hcyong will pick up on it to settle the debate ;). Case closed.

Well since we have to somewhat selfgovern: substitutes from earlier rounds replace blanks :eek:. Which would make my SF as following:

SF
    MS - Yuichi Ikeda
    WS - Judith Meulendijks
    MD - Bach/Gunawan
    XD - Lee/Chien

F
    WS - Zhu Lin

#111 demolidor, Jul 24, 2010
  12. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Hi LD rules, "leaving pick blank" is ok as stated in the rule. Its all part of strategy. There is a subsequent demotion penalty ("points" is equivalent to win/lost of previous round).
    During these FanBad games, I did consider leaving blank for some picks, but in the end decided to use my 'triump' card (ie. potential winner. eg: Zhu Lin, Lee Chong Wei, etc) as I think subsequent round may again end up with an even tougher choice to pick.
    I agree with demolidor . . . it is all strategy. :)

13. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    hmmm - good to know, something to think about for next time:eek:
    anyway, nice game, just the players have to keep up 'normal form':rolleyes: otherwise my results will not get any better:confused:

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

So what are the final results ?

15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    One minute is fine with me.

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well, if you leave an entry blank, you lose the chance of ending up champion in the event. Pretty steep penalty, I think. And there won't be many situations where we will employ it as strategy.

17. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Final Individual Results

Code:
    [COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]entries signify wins, [COLOR="Red"]Red [/COLOR]entries signify losses
            R64    |    R32    |    R16    |    QF     |    SF     |    FF
    aresya---------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]CBaxter-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]PKoukal-CZE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]RUlsing-DEN[/COLOR]|           |           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="blue"]AKuriha-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]FuMTian-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JSchenk-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JMeulen-NED[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]Zhu.Lin-CHN[/COLOR]
     MD            |[COLOR="blue"]IKi/JSc-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]AEl/CLa-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]KKJ/SBC-KOR[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]HBa/TGu-USA[/COLOR]|           
     WD            |[COLOR="blue"]CKH/PHC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHY/PHM-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]SMa/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]REt/YWa-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CWH/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]CLa/ALi-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]JSc/SMa-GER[/COLOR]|           |           |           
    demolidor------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]BBeckma-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]PKoukal-CZE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]DerWong-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]BLeverd-FRA[/COLOR]|NoEntry(1D)|[COLOR="blue"]ROuseph-ENG[/COLOR]
     WS            |[COLOR="blue"]AKuriha-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]FuMTian-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JSchenk-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JMeulen-NED[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]Zhu.Lin-CHN[/COLOR]
     MD            |[COLOR="blue"]RGu/LHL-U/M[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]PCh/HHH-USA[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]KKJ/SBC-KOR[/COLOR]|NoEntry(1D)|[COLOR="blue"]FCM/LSM-TPE[/COLOR]
     WD            |[COLOR="red"]IWa/RWa-USA[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]CLa/ALi-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/CWH-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]MFu/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]RMa/NZi-POL[/COLOR]|           
    erik choo------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]SPukhov-RUS[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]RUlsing-DEN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]BLeverd-FRA[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]KaKozai-JPN[/COLOR]|           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="blue"]SUchida-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]FuMTian-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JSchenk-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JMeulen-NED[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]Zhu.Lin-CHN[/COLOR]
     MD            |[COLOR="red"]CPL/HPY-TPE[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     WD            |[COLOR="red"]FMT/VNe-SIN[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]MFu/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]HKS/VNe-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]LSM/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/CWH-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
    fd16n----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]KaIpsen-DEN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]PKoukal-CZE[/COLOR]|NoEntry(1D)|[COLOR="red"]KaKozai-JPN[/COLOR]|           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="red"]CSorens-DEN[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     MD            |[COLOR="blue"]IKi/JSc-GER[/COLOR]|NoEntry(1D)|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/LYL-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]HBa/TGu-USA[/COLOR]|           
     WD            |[COLOR="blue"]SMa/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|NoEntry(1D)|[COLOR="blue"]REt/YWa-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CWH/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]MFu/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|NoEntry(1D)|[COLOR="blue"]LSM/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]RMa/NZi-POL[/COLOR]|           
    hcyong---------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]DerWong-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]ScEvans-IRL[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]BLeverd-FRA[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]KaKozai-JPN[/COLOR]|           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="blue"]AKuriha-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]FuMTian-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JSchenk-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]SUchida-JPN[/COLOR]|           
     MD            |[COLOR="blue"]IKi/JSc-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]AEl/CLa-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]KKJ/SBC-KOR[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]HBa/TGu-USA[/COLOR]|           
     WD            |[COLOR="red"]FMT/VNe-SIN[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]CLa/ALi-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]JSc/SMa-GER[/COLOR]|           |           |           
    Jimmy Goh------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="red"]SWojcik-CAN[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="blue"]AKuriha-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JMeulen-NED[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]Zhu.Lin-CHN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]SUchida-JPN[/COLOR]|           
     MD            |[COLOR="blue"]PCh/PLG-CAN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]HBa/TGu-USA[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]KKJ/SBC-KOR[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]FCM/LSM-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]CHL/LYL-TPE[/COLOR]
     WD            |[COLOR="blue"]AKu/SUc-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]NGr/CRe-G/C[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]REt/YWa-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CWH/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]TNg/GGa-CAN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]NRo/JWa-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]MFu/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/CWH-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]FCM/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]
    koje89---------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]DerWong-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]ScEvans-IRL[/COLOR]|NoEntry(1D)|NoEntry(2D)|NoEntry(3D)|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
     WS            |[COLOR="red"]MaTvrdy-SLO[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     MD            |[COLOR="red"]CPL/HPY-TPE[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     WD            |[COLOR="red"]IWa/RWa-USA[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]TNg/GGa-CAN[/COLOR]|NoEntry(1D)|NoEntry(2D)|NoEntry(3D)|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
    kuwichert------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]RUlsing-DEN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]ShonWHo-KOR[/COLOR]|YuIkeda-JPN|[COLOR="red"]HsiehYH-TPE[/COLOR]|           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="red"]JCicogn-SUI[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     MD            |[COLOR="blue"]IKi/JSc-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]KKJ/SBC-KOR[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/LYL-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]FCM/LSM-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]MFu/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]SBC/YHY-KOR[/COLOR]|           |           |           
    LD rules!------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]CBaxter-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]PKoukal-CZE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]RUlsing-DEN[/COLOR]|           |           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="blue"]AKuriha-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]FuMTian-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JSchenk-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]SUchida-JPN[/COLOR]|           
     WD            |[COLOR="blue"]CKH/PHC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]GGa/JKo-CAN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]REt/YWa-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CWH/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]CLa/ALi-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/CWH-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]LSM/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]RMa/NZi-POL[/COLOR]|           
    PoLLuX---------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS NoEntry(1D)|[COLOR="red"]CBosige-SUI[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="blue"]KLudiko-CZE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]NGrethe-GER[/COLOR]|           |           |           
     MD            |[COLOR="blue"]ALi/DNg-CAN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]AEl/CLa-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/LYL-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]HBa/TGu-USA[/COLOR]|           
     WD            |[COLOR="blue"]CKH/PHC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]NGr/CRe-G/C[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]REt/YWa-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]SSM/YaL-SIN[/COLOR]|           
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]MFu/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]NRo/JWa-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]RMa/NZi-POL[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/CWH-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]FCM/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]
    simonlovers----|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]ScEvans-IRL[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]LinYHsi-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]RUlsing-DEN[/COLOR]|           |           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="blue"]NGrethe-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]FuMTian-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JSchenk-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]SUchida-JPN[/COLOR]|           
     MD            |NoEntry(1D)|[COLOR="blue"]AEl/CLa-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/LYL-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]HBa/TGu-USA[/COLOR]|           
     WD            |[COLOR="blue"]CKH/PHC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]GGa/JKo-CAN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]REt/YWa-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]SSM/YaL-SIN[/COLOR]|           
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]MFu/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]NRo/JWa-ENG[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]RMa/NZi-POL[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/CWH-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]FCM/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]
    Thom bad-------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]PKoukal-CZE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]MatthLo-FRA[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="blue"]NGrethe-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JMeulen-NED[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]JSchenk-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]Zhu.Lin-CHN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
     MD            |[COLOR="red"]JKo/PZa-AUT[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     WD            |[COLOR="blue"]NGr/CRe-G/C[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHY/PHM-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]REt/YWa-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CWH/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]MFu/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/CWH-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]LSM/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]RMa/NZi-POL[/COLOR]|           
    undeadshot-----|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------|-----------
     MS [COLOR="blue"]DerWong-SIN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]CLThoms-DEN[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     WS            |[COLOR="red"]AnnRice-CAN[/COLOR]|           |           |           |           
     MD            |[COLOR="blue"]IKi/JSc-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]HKS/CTr-SIN[/COLOR]|           |           |           
     WD            |[COLOR="blue"]CKH/PHC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHY/PHM-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]REt/YWa-JPN[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CWH/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]NoEntry[/COLOR]
     XD            |[COLOR="blue"]MFu/BOv-GER[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]CHL/CWH-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="blue"]LSM/CYC-TPE[/COLOR]|[COLOR="red"]RMa/NZi-POL[/COLOR]|           

#117 hcyong, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Final Standings

Code:
                 MS         WS         MD         WD         XD         Total
    demolidor    RU - 5950  CH - 7000  RU - 5950  32 - 1670  SF - 4900  25,470
    aresya       16 - 2720  CH - 7000  SF - 4900  CH - 7000  16 - 2720  24,340
    Jimmy Goh    64 -  660  SF - 4900  RU - 5950  RU - 5950  RU - 5950  23,410
    LD rules!    16 - 2720  SF - 4900  SF - 4900  RU - 5950  SF - 4900  23,370
    simonlovers  16 - 2720  SF - 4900  QF - 3850  SF - 4900  RU - 5950  22,320
    erik choo    QF - 3850  CH - 7000  32 - 1670  32 - 1670  RU - 5950  20,140
    Thom bad     32 - 1670  RU - 5950  32 - 1670  RU - 5950  SF - 4900  20,140
    PoLLuX       64 -  660  16 - 2720  SF - 4900  SF - 4900  RU - 5950  19,130
    hcyong       QF - 3850  SF - 4900  SF - 4900  32 - 1670  16 - 2720  18,040
    fd16n        16 - 2720  32 - 1670  QF - 3850  SF - 4900  QF - 3850  16,990
    undeadshot   32 - 1670  32 - 1670  16 - 2720  RU - 5950  SF - 4900  16,910
    kuwichert    QF - 3850  32 - 1670  RU - 5950  32 - 1670  16 - 2720  15,860
    koje89       16 - 2720  32 - 1670  32 - 1670  32 - 1670  16 - 2720  10,450

19. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    wow, what a result after ending up on top for Canadian open:eek:
    congrats to demolidor:cool: how did you know what the black horses were doing?:confused:

#119 kuwichert, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  20. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Wow I think it's my best ranking ever !! :):p