Exclusive review of Lining 3D caliber 900i INSTINCT version

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by senthilprakash selvaraj, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Swaraj Lakshman

Swaraj Lakshman Regular Member

900i is a great light racquet, been using it for nearly an year now. Absolutely effortless, after n9ii and n7ii lite ,it was my goto racquet for quite sometime Head heavy and very flex. I can deliver great smashes but struggle to deliver smashes with accuracy(exact place)

Its easy to use and and delivers good smash. Defence is easy thanks to the head heavy and flex shaft.

I didnt get the hard feeling you mentioned, dont know if Senthil will agree. Which string do you use?Is it the same string and tension that you use in other racuqets as well ?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

@Swaraj Lakshman, thank's for your answer. 11,5kg (25/26 lbs) all my rackets are string with the same tension but for the first time I use string lining n°1.
    My others rackets are Kawasaki King K9 4u, Abroz 9900 nano power, Jnice Black Panther 4u, Babolat satellite gravity 78.

evan.blr likes this.
  3. ShinIori

ShinIori Regular Member

All the best ones you got in budget.. value for money absolutely.

4. evan.blr

evan.blr New Member

Hi

#24 evan.blr, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  5. evan.blr

evan.blr New Member

Hi
    I too play with kawasaki king k9 and tectonic 7i. I prefer kawasaki among these.

I am planning to buy jnice black panther 4u and 3d caliber 900 I.

As you have both, Can you please compare against kawasaki king k9?

Jnice black panther 4u costs 20% more than all these rackets.. is it really that good?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. evan.blr

evan.blr New Member

Hi
    I too play with kawasaki king k9 and tectonic 7i. I prefer kawasaki among these.

I am planning to buy jnice black panther 4u and 3d caliber 900 I.

As you have both, Can you please compare against kawasaki king k9?

Jnice black panther 4u costs 20% more than all these rackets.. is it really that good?

7. senthilprakash selvaraj

senthilprakash selvaraj Regular Member

900i is one of light weight head heavy racket I love most.
    I string all my rackets with aerobyte boost @27lbs.

I have been playing with aeronaut 7000i for few moths and now since last week testing the new aeronaut 9000i

All the three rackets 900i, 7000i and 9000i feels different and good at few aspects.

One thing for sure, racket swing speed of 900i is way more than 7000i and 9000i. So you will have to adjust your timing a bit when playing with aeronaut.

Also, not sure why (may be becuase of the air holes in aeronaut rackets). 7000i and 9000i make an unrealistic boom sound when you smash which is very evident to everyone.

Senthil

#27 senthilprakash selvaraj, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  8. senthilprakash selvaraj

senthilprakash selvaraj Regular Member

Yesterday had look at kawasaki king K9 (blue 4U version).
    Did not personally like the looks and feel so did not buy it .

At last the distributor offered it for 8800rs (indian currency).

But the packaging of the racket looked good.

evan.blr likes this.
  9. Yves-bzh-29

Hi,
    The King K9 4U (K9) and the Black Panther 4U (BP) have nearly the same specs in terms of weight, stiffness and balance. K9 is a little more head heavy and a little heavier. But on court it's a different feeling.
    BP is an old style racket with long handle and you have to get used to it and a thicker shaft.
    BP has a softer feeling , no injuries possible for shoulder/elbow/wrist i think, BP is faster in the air.
    BP is so fast and feels so light that good control is not so easy to get when you play at the net, the shuttle bounced a little and you don't feel exactly where is the head of the racket.
    Clears are easier with the BP, drop shots are the same, smashs speed are the same but BP is easier to smash and K9 delivers a heavier smash. Drives and long defense are nearly the same BP faster. Control is better with the K9 imo, when we are authorized to go back on court i'll try to play longer with the BP to see if i can get a better control at the net. For the moment K9 is more efficient on court.
    3D calibar 900i totally different, lighter and much more head heavy than K9 and BP with very stable frame that gives you an absolute outstanding control. Never had such a control with the 30 or 40 i have bought or borrowed from my friends. But you need a good technics to get medium power, smash are not very easy, not very fast and not heavier imo.
    May be Tectonic 7 have a control close to the 900i and a power close to the K9 i don't know.

10. evan.blr

evan.blr New Member

Senthil
    Thats a good price 1k less than what I paid for k9.
    Which city r u from?

PM me the dealer details...

11. evan.blr

evan.blr New Member

Thanks for the detailed information. Appreciate it.

From where didnu source JNice BP 4U? which country are you from?

My style of play is defense, drops and placements with occasional smashing only from mid court area.

Do you think 900i suits better than Black Panther? As these rackets are way more expensive i want to really do lot of research before pressing the button..

Please share ur feedback once u play more with BP

12. Yves-bzh-29

Hi, i live in France and bought Jnice BP 4u and 3u at Badminton Racket review shop . If you are a tactical player i think 3D Calibar 900i maybe better than the Jnice if you are not smash addict.

evan.blr likes this.
  13. evan.blr

evan.blr New Member

Thanks Sir

Which JNice is better? 3u or 4u?
    I like the rackets with similar weight category and feel like King K9 with light head heavy and mid flex shaft.

I tried 900i , its almost similar feel like tectonic 7i at higher balance point which is not that suiting me..

14. Yves-bzh-29

The 3u is 5gr heavier and is mid-stiff. Balance is head heavy a little.
    4u should be better for single with long rallye, drop shot, lift, fast smash...
    3u good for double and mixed with heavier smash, drives...for a 3u it's a fast racket very nice to play, good accuracy and control is easier to get compare to the 4u. 3u is also good for single advanced player.

evan.blr likes this.
  15. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

calibar 900i is very good racket, it has catapult effect after smashing

16. Bakamaru

Bakamaru New Member

Hi Badminton Lovers,

I own 3 racquets, all 3u:
    NF800 - my go-to racquet.
    AX88s (first gen) / ZF2 - enjoy the head heaviness but feels too stiff and slow.

I play intermediate doubles at the rear court.

Looking for a somewhat flexible and head heavy 4u racquet.

Li Ning 3D Calibar 900i seems to fit the specs perfectly. Unless somebody can recommend a newer alternative. Thanks.

17. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

The Calibar 900i is actually a W1 (5U) racket.

Since you are looking for a 4U/W2 racket, take a look at the regular Calibar 900 (Drive) or the Turbo Charging 80. Both rather head heavy and not too stiff.

A slightly stiffer option compared to the two before would be the Tectonic 9 (4U).
    The head heaviest and stiffest 4U racket in the current LN lineup is the Aeronaut 9000D. It's not as stiff as the ZF2, but very stiff for a LN racket. Not sure how its stiffness compares to the 88S or NF800's though

18. Yves-bzh-29

You can have a look at the Tectonic 7. I also have the 900i. The Tectonic 7 is really really a very good all around racket for intermidiate / advance player. Less head heavy compare to the 900i which is also a very good racket. You can check the review on Badminton Wear and Badminton Racket Review