Ever seen this Yonex bag?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by jsunsun, Jan 11, 2005.

1. danielg

danielg Regular Member

I agree that having an authentic one is definitely better than having a fake one. Given a choice, I will almost always choose to own an authentic item. But, we need to be practical - remember we are talking about bags not racquets, the purpose of a bag is to carry your stuffs - most authentic bags (specially Yonex) are expensive and for a fraction of its cost you can buy a fake one that will carry the same amount of things you carry in your authentic bag and because it is priced cheaply, you can even afford to buy a couple of them or even 3 of them for the price of one authentic bag. The Authentic ones cost a lot more because they have higher capital infused in their business and want to recoup as much as they can, and also most of the so-called fakes are manufactured by the same companies that are sub-contracted by big companies to make their products. I doubt Yonex, Wilson, Prince, etc.. have their own factories just to make bags. Most, if not all, have sub-contractors manufacture their bags for them.

While they may use materials that are not as good as the authentic ones I sincerely doubt if they will use something from a dead person.

Bags unlike a racquet will have no effect whatsoever on your game. :)

#21 danielg, Sep 26, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You might want to read more news from China. Don't be too naive.

Some "black hearts" manufacturers re-packaged those beds which dead people slept on and made them look new outside and sell them as new ones. Of course on the performance wise, it doesn't affect anything. However, on the health side and potentially other problems, it might mean something. Especially, the thing will be totally different from knowing and not knowing what it is made of. ;)

At least, if I know my bag is made of such materials, I wouldn't even want to use it.

3. danielg

danielg Regular Member

No need for name calling - How sure are you that those Authentic ones made by their sub contructors aren't using the "blackhearts" themselves? I've yet to hear a case of anyone dying or getting ill from a badminton bag and I may not be as "mature and intelligent" as you but I don't think that at 37yrs of age I can be called naive. ;)

Why are we even arguing and debating this? Its our own money and most certainly we are entitled to buy whatever we want with it. Some choose to spend more money on branded original, while others choose to save money by buying knockoffs. Again these are just badminton bags we are talking about, and my views on Originals and fakes are focuses on this topic alone and does not apply to other things like racquet or shoes , etc...

#23 danielg, Sep 26, 2005
  4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Read more news; People do get sick because of those small things you consider in China.

5. danielg

danielg Regular Member

Ok, please post some links here so that I can be "educated" about it. :)

6. SomeDudeInBlue

SomeDudeInBlue Regular Member

Student
    You are ignoring the fact that Yonex Bag will last and protect your racquets more efficiently than a fake one would.

7. danielg

danielg Regular Member

I am not advocating that all of you go out and buy fakes. There are a lot of badminton bags with out names or labels on it. I have an original Yonex bag (2420) and a fake Yonex bag - know what? Maybe its just me but I can't even tell them apart if I don't check the inside of the bag which I marked- it looks the same, feels the same and offer as much protection as the original, in fact the fake one has added padding on the bottom of the bag which makes it stiffer and offers more cushioning than the original and the shoulder strap has more padding also which makes it easier on my shoulder to carry.

I don't know why we are even arguing about this. We are talking about bags not racquets or shoes or anything that will affect you in the way you play, its like we are arguing about wrist bands or something really trivial. I respect you guys and agree that whenever possible I will always choose to buy an original bag ( I do own one myself) but if a fake is presented to me with an attractive price, I will not hesitate to buy it since, for me, its just a bag which I use to carry stuffs around. :) C'mon guys, lets just end this here - it's getting rather silly already don't you think so? PEACE :)

#27 danielg, Sep 26, 2005
  8. versionone_

versionone_ Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    [​IMG]
    I WANT IT. :crying:

9. danielg

danielg Regular Member

Wow, that looks real good! How many racquets does it hold?

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

11. SomeDudeInBlue

Student
    put your fake badminton bag with your raquets in teh sun for a while and see what happens.

12. danielg

danielg Regular Member

Why would you do that? I don't think you would try it even in an original bag. That is not much of a real world test. In the real world we carry it from our house to the court and back (you either walk your way there or use a vehicle of somekind to reach the court and back) .

I'll tell you this though, you put your racquet in your bag, any bag -fake or original- heck, it doesn't even have to contain something - leave it out in the sun - either the bag gets stolen or you get sun burnt. No one will willingly leave their bag, be it empty or not out in the sun, at least I won't :)

Sigh.... :( Guys, I don't know why you insist on continuing this, at no time did I say don't buy original bags, I am only pointing out that sometimes practicality dictates that we consider cheaper alternative which will be just as functional as the original. Obviously this is my personal point of view. I never claim that my point of view is the only correct view, nor am I in any way trying to ram this down anyone's throat. You got your views and opinions about things, I respect that. I got mine so I hope you can reciprocate by respecting it also. It doesn't mean you accept my views as correct, - bec. the point of the matter is no person's view is absolutely correct - just different.

#32 danielg, Sep 27, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  13. hongkie

hongkie Regular Member

student
    One more point. It is not very practical to put a counterfeit yonex bag as a "cheaper alternative" since those counterfeit makers does not pay royalties to yonex. It is because of these "cheap alternatives" that makes the fake industry thrives. Like what Yonex stated. Buying a fake from a fakes distributors will end you up engaging in illegal transactions.

Enough said.

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If a manufacture have the confidence to make better and cheaper product, why can they put up their own brand (i.e. clones) and competite for the market? :rolleyes:

Making / selling fake (regardless price or quality) is against the law, period. :mad:

15. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I agree with LB. Also, if you are looking for a cheap bag, you can get an HiQua or ProAce. As I posted before, get a real yy tennis bag that holds more than 6 badminton racquet for $20! There are cheap alternitives and there are cheap Sh*tty fakes! In the same splace you buy the fake bag, you can prob buy a no name brand as bad as the fake and cheaper. If you knowingly buy a fake, stop lying to yourself. If you keep unknowingly buy fakes countinously, stop being stupid. If you knowingly buy a fake to showoff, don't play badminton because this is a real sport, not a fashion runway!

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

First of all I don't advocate purchasing fake badminton items. However some of the "holier than thou" preaching that's going on in this thread smacks of hypocrisy. Sounds like it's now become a moral issue. In the ideal world no one would deal with fake item vendors, steal or cheat. But in reality most of us have had a brush with these incidents, knowlingly or not. Put your hand up if you haven't purchased or watched a pirated DVD. Has anyone not downloaded music from the internet without paying? What about making a copy of your friend's software for your own computer? Night markets - any and everything you buy from there are probably fake. These are all ILLEGAL but we seem to turn a blind eye (mostly) to it. Don't say if he's doing it, it's OK for me too. My point is we carry out (illegal) activities that much of society already accepts as the norm. We don't think twice about it. What we should think twice about is flaming others for commiting a "crime" such as buying a fake badminton bag when we ourselves could be culpable. As for the bag purchasing incident it's been blown waaaaay out of proportion. :)

17. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    My 332 bag was made in taiwan, but I bought it from a local reputable club lol

18. SomeDudeInBlue

Student
    I believe Yonex uses a special material that protects the racquets from heat. But hey, if I am going to buy a fake yonex clone bag for a price of a real one, which would you prefer :p

19. danielg

danielg Regular Member

Try it out then with your authentic bag. :) I don't know why you would buy a fake bag for the price of a real one- Read my posts again sir, I never said I'll buy a fake bag for the price of a real one. Fakes or clones are usually much cheaper than the real ones.

Thank you sir!! And I agree completely that the whole incident has been indeed blown way out of proportion. I don't know why all these ruckus about a fake BAG, when people here in this forum discuss about buying and owning knockoffs racquet. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy a Fake bags. Anyway, this is the last time I'll post about the bag thing so I hope that this will just die a natural death. It ain't worth it here to air your own personal views.

#39 danielg, Sep 27, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  20. Dawnmoon

Dawnmoon Regular Member

So far you like the bag...it's ok...the bag doesn't affect your play.

:D :D :D