Eriksen: No way a Malaysian pair can win the world title

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by ants, Sep 18, 2006.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that is very true. i don't think a Malaysian pair has ever won a WC before, in fact, no Malaysian has ever won any badminton WC in any of the 5 events. got to work harder, guys.

2. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I remember that China got half of the total gold medals. So now China team will use this to evaluate their performance, i.e. if they got 2 gold medals, it's below average, not good; if they got 3 gold medals, they felt that they got the job done; if they got 4 medals, they would be very satisfied. Sometimes, they even got 5 gold medals. They also won gold medals at every WC, this is also extra-ordinary. While Malaysia, as a compatible competitor in badminton, has never won any gold for decades.

3. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

I remember KKK and CCM winning a match against Jens Eriksen, why would he say that?

4. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Eriksen,don forget Malaysian pair beat u n ur partner during the Thomas Cup...

5. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

They were right, the only group who is capable to beat them is Cai/Fu.

I was wondering how does Eriksen see the future. That's exactly what happened.

That's a good lesson about not get hot headed before the game. I don't care if you are LD, LCW, PG, or TH, (or LYB) if you get cocky, you r going down.

6. franxon

franxon Regular Member

are you sure? from what i know, the chinese players, singles or doubles, all start with singles skills as these are the fundamentals. they are streamed later into singles or doubles with different emphasis on skills and tactics. Cai Yun was a singles player before he was transferred to MD to pair up with Fu HF. i don't know much about the malaysian players but it's still hard to imagine choong tan fook loses a singles first round if he plays seriously (he was seeded i guess?).

you are either kidding or don't know what you are talking about my friend. both can play each other's game but neither can play each other's game well. unlike tennis or badminton 20 years ago, skills and tactics of singles and doubles are so specialized today, one can't even master his own job well, not to say both.

even LD teams up LCW or BCL (how more impossible could it be?), they need a good deal of serious training to be a valuable pair.

"the real best are playing singles" simply suggests that you're either mis-informed or biased or both.

7. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    Eriksen/Lundgaard just lost to KKK/TBH 21-18, 17-21, 21-14 in Japan Open.

I'm glad, hopefully this will teach Eriksen something ...

8. blessing

blessing Regular Member

yayaya..good good... good... perfect pair...

9. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    jens didnt say that they werent ever going to lose to a malaysian team, he just said that the malaysians arent going to win the WC (for 2006), regardless of who beats the malaysians

10. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

What a good way to prove Eriksen wrong in future?He is absolutely right.We still do not have the depth and quality to win a world title.But this is going to change soon as Rexy has the integrity to choose the best pairs to represent Malaysia.To capture the world title is not easy.We need a pool of world class double pairs to make our dream a reality.Right now we have strong pairs in KKK/TBH,Lin/TAzari,GAn/Zakry and TBS/OSH.Rexy has develop them into strong contenders.Now,to go into high gears to be world champions.This option is better than depending on one pair to win the world title.KL 2007 is approaching fast.Practise until you drop.Overcome your weaknesses and stengthten your mental approach towards the game.Be passionate.Love badminton and you all will be on your way to success.Last but not least,there is always room for LWW/CTF and CCM to make a comeback.Happy hunting!